Polestar Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just done a bit more digging on the shipping website and it appears that:

414 cars are on the THERMOPYLAE, currently off the coast of Sri Lanka and due into Zeebrugge on 26th August. Thats for vehicles I expect are around the 5500 - 5900 VIN range, e.g. VIN LPSVSEDEEML005600 is on it.

383 cars are on the TRAVIATA, due into Zeebrugge on 5th Sep. VIN LPSVSEDEEML005901 is on it.

Thats after the Titus, Figaro, Morning Linda and Morning Post that we know of. Good work Polestar.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just done a bit more digging on the shipping website and it appears that:

414 cars are on the THERMOPYLAE, currently off the coast of Sri Lanka and due into Zeebrugge on 26th August. Thats for vehicles I expect are around the 5500 - 5900 VIN range, e.g. VIN LPSVSEDEEML005600 is on it.

383 cars are on the TRAVIATA, due into Zeebrugge on 5th Sep. VIN LPSVSEDEEML005901 is on it.

Thats after the Titus, Figaro, Morning Linda and Morning Post that we know of. Good work Polestar.
I'm not sure how you did all that sleuthing, but great work. So is there a way you could figure out if there are any cars on a boat bound for the US?

·
Registered
45 Posts
i'm guessing shipments to US will route via the Pacific directly. There should be an app somewhere that identifies by vin which vessel it's on, but sorry can't help with what that app is.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i'm guessing shipments to US will route via the Pacific directly. There should be an app somewhere that identifies by vin which vessel it's on, but sorry can't help with what that app is.
We don't have our VINs yet here. That's why I wondered if there's a way to track groups of VINs and maybe find a ship they are on that's headed here. Just a thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not sure how you did all that sleuthing, but great work. So is there a way you could figure out if there are any cars on a boat bound for the US?
Well that was one of the things I was trying to find out. If any were bound for the US. But by trying a few random VINs on the shipping website only yielded the two additional ships heating to Zebrugge. Nothing else. I'll keep trying every couple of days as it seems they book then onto the ships weeks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sounds like a possibility, but I sure hope not. Heck, that could delay things 6 months if they can't come up with another answer. Or it could completely nix any sales to people more than a certain distance from a "Space".
Not just people far away from a Space - even if you live close to a Space right now, what happens if you move, or take a road trip? Are you willing to bet $60k that neither of those things will happen?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not just people far away from a Space - even if you live close to a Space right now, what happens if you move, or take a road trip? Are you willing to bet $60k that neither of those things will happen?
Well, even if you are traveling with a Volvo you can always wind up pretty far from a dealership.

My father once had his timing belt replaced on a Toyota by what was basically a backyard mechanic because there was nothing else around and when your timing belt brakes you are dead in the water. I think the real issue here is warranty work that you shouldn't have to pay for.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Morning Linda has docked in London so some of our cars are in the country now! 🥳
That is true, I have been following her journey . . however I understand from other peoples comments, they they will not be stopping . . :oops: . . but heading on to Zeebrugge for processing (Volvo distribution centre) and then returning back to Blighty later . . .
But as you say, they are soooo near (y)

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is true, I have been following her journey . . however I understand from other peoples comments, they they will not be stopping . . :oops: . . but heading on to Zeebrugge for processing (Volvo distribution centre) and then returning back to Blighty later . . .
But as you say, they are soooo near (y)
Oh really? How annoying! Wonder why it went to London at all then and not straight to Zeebrugge 🤔

41 - 50 of 50 Posts