Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my car on the 4th August. Delivery initially scheduled for December. Pleased to see that this changed to October on my on line account. Even better when I received a save the date email on the 7th September. The invitation in the email was to log in and choose your date. Unfortunately having logged in there was no way of accessing any dates. Despite many and varied chats and emails with Customer Support (CS). Which only resulted in a further 5 save the date emails. We seem to have come to a bit of an impasse. Although I have been told that I.T. will have sorted out the problem by Monday. CS have always been very helpful but wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem?

·
Registered
118 Posts
No. I got a 'save the date' email, logged in and there was a single option to select and confirm, which I did. I got another 'save the date' email the next day and my confirmed date had moved later by 8 days (which was inconvenient since I'd started transferring money, and agreed a date to sell my existing car , off the back of the first email). Since paying in full, like some others, there is no invoice to download on my account, all the finance info has disappeared.

·
Registered
738 Posts
WTF I ordered on the 21st June and my car is still November ...

You ordered in August and you get an October delivery?

Pleased for you .... but getting p****s off with my delay due to a tow bar option. And others in the UK got a tow already!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. I got a 'save the date' email, logged in and there was a single option to select and confirm, which I did. I got another 'save the date' email the next day and my confirmed date had moved later by 8 days (which was inconvenient since I'd started transferring money, and agreed a date to sell my existing car , off the back of the first email). Since paying in full, like some others, there is no invoice to download on my account, all the finance info has disappeared.
Thanks for your kind response. Glad it was easier for you. Where about was the date option listed? Did you have to click anywhere. Was it just before the confirm you are insured box?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Pleased for you .... but getting p****s off with my delay due to a tow bar option. And others in the UK got a tow already!
Sounds, like me , you are getting understandably frustrated. However I don’t actually have a date yet. I didn’t order the tow bar option though. This seems to be causing a delay from what you have posted elsewhere. Good to hear that deliveries are starting to come through though. Let us hope that the under promise and over deliver applies in your case.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I find it a bit scary having to pay in full before even seeing the car. A different way of buying! Incidentally I think I have spoken to all the CS staff over the past 12 days. Only one kept their word and phoned me back with updates. Even if nothing particularly had changed. I told them that just speaking to someone eased the stress being caused. 😇

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi gdank, I ordered 6th june with towbar, I am now getting delivery on 14th October. Although I feel they have just done this to appease me. And will delay this due to .....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for your kind response. Glad it was easier for you. Where about was the date option listed? Did you have to click anywhere. Was it just before the confirm you are insured box?
It was at/near the bottom of you order screen, below the insured box. Just a single date that you could click on and then click confirmed

·
Registered
85 Posts
All this ordering palaver is enough to make me think twice about bothering with this car. The online transaction process has been in operation for years. How hard can it be? Why can't the payment process be carried out at a Volvo dealer, especially as they will be servicing it?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All this ordering palaver is enough to make me think twice about bothering with this car. The online transaction process has been in operation for years. How hard can it be? Why can't the payment process be carried out at a Volvo dealer, especially as they will be servicing it?
I am beginning to think like you. I chose the Polestar over the Tesla M3 long range due to the rather mixed reviews of their build quality and customer service. I anticipated a much simpler and joined up process. We are not buying a Noddy car after all. The link withVolvo was a key thing for me. But I am still not sure if all Volvo dealers will conduct Polestar work yet! Let us hope the early CS issues will diminish as more experience is gained. Although they really should be up to speed from day one.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Although they really should be up to speed from day one.
I respect your frustration... I do. But I'm also cutting Polestar some slack as they really are a brand new company and I get the impression they're scrambling in the background to put the right resources in the right location as they deal with what's likely an unexpected early demand. All the reviews have been so popular, I bet they've got way more orders than they anticipated which is causing all sorts of problems rattling through their new system.

So I'm waiting to see how they respond. There appear to be early indications that they know they have to do better and are trying.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was really pleased with the slick test drive experience. Particularly the Covid safe procedures. They set an initial high bar to live up to. The early December delivery date was acceptable and to find this brought forward to October brilliant. I agree, to a point, we need to cut them some slack. After all, not really sure how the pandemic is affecting the whole process.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
After all, not really sure how the pandemic is affecting the whole process.
I put down my deposit in October 2019. When the pandemic hit, I thought the P2 would be delayed for a year, but they somehow managed to stick to their deadlines. Frankly, I'm amazed they've managed to get these cars out to buyers in Europe already. Would I like to have my car now? Yup! Can I wait a while? Yeah... I guess. And I'm grateful things haven't slipped further.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I respect your frustration... I do. But I'm also cutting Polestar some slack as they really are a brand new company and I get the impression they're scrambling in the background to put the right resources in the right location as they deal with what's likely an unexpected early demand. All the reviews have been so popular, I bet they've got way more orders than they anticipated which is causing all sorts of problems rattling through their new system.

So I'm waiting to see how they respond. There appear to be early indications that they know they have to do better and are trying.
I’m both understanding and frustrated. The value proposition of Polestar includes the ties to Volvo that should really help to get beyond these initial bumps in business operations. Why are there so many issues with leasing in the UK and servicing in the US? And why in the US do we still not have anything like final numbers for financing/leasing even for those in the “planning delivery” stage? Someone at Polestar has dropped the ball here in a way that wouldn’t happen if this was just Volvo. That’s frustrating.

That said, the ties to Volvo seems to have come through where it matters in terms of production and build quality, based on others’ reviews. There are a few hardware and software issues and the most concerning ones seem to be getting resolved a few weeks after initial launch. If the app etc launches by the end of 2020, as now indicated, then the vast majority of issues are resolved in just a few months.

It does seem like most of the frustration is the early adopter tax. Up to us how much we each want to deal with that.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Personally I found the whole process easier than a Dealership, with no pressure for after sale items, or "are you sure yonndont want X?"... Although same rough & vague delivery date, but I don't need to leave my living room.

I call them they answer... I email them they reply with a day or two. So the same as a Dealership.

I don't have high hopes for excellence from dealerships or Polestar/Tesla.... The only place I've felt really valued me was Lexus.

I know I've banged this drum before but honestly Lexus customer services is a benchmark for all car companies imho.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Personally I found the whole process easier than a Dealership, with no pressure for after sale items, or "are you sure yonndont want X?"... Although same rough & vague delivery date, but I don't need to leave my living room.

I call them they answer... I email them they reply with a day or two. So the same as a Dealership.

I don't have high hopes for excellence from dealerships or Polestar/Tesla.... The only place I've felt really valued me was Lexus.

I know I've banged this drum before but honestly Lexus customer services is a benchmark for all car companies imho.
I also loved the fact you could choose your spec on line. You know the cost, colour and extras before you click to order. But I did enjoy the personal (socially distanced) contact at the test drive session. It added a bit of pazazz and excitement to the process. Emails etc are good but good CS for me, needs the personal touch. In this situation a phone call could be an excellent option. I have never owned a Lexus but they seem to come out on top in most surveys. If we feel valued we can put up with a few early niggles.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good news for me! The IT brigade have finally managed to unlock my account and I have been offered a handover date. So 12th October it is. The only fly in the ointment was the fact that to confirm acceptance of the date confirmation was also needed, by ticking a box, that you had insured the vehicle. Bit of a problem as you cannot insure it until you have a registration number. I had already obtained a quote so was half way there. Felt I had to tick it anyway and push for a reg number asap. Still not totally joined up process. Hay Ho though.

·
Registered
67 Posts

Yep, ordered April, arrived September 11th. They did shift the daye three times and make me resign the contract.

Polestar UK seem hopelessly confused and slightly overwhelmed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts