Polestar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my initial order last week, expecting delivery around July/August to tie in with the lease end on my I-Pace. Today I've received the contract to e-sign with a VIN and an estimated delivery next month!

Is this typical for orders nowadays? I guess my spec might have meant there was already a car waiting, but with the limited options I would have thought this would be just as true for most colour/PP combinations as by now I'd have thought they'd have enough data to build against colour/spec demand.

(Minor) downside is that I was assuming all the glitches that are meant to be getting fixed in the Easter update wouldn't apply to me, but sounds like I might have to live with them for a few weeks depending on when it's delivered, unless they install the update on new cars before the aftermarket OTA release?

Snow, non-PP by the way.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Congratulations! Don't worry, your car should come with the most recent updates and it's pretty good with those already!

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Is it a lease car or private purchase? I really hope there aren't still Snow non-PP cars kicking around from the initial allocations of lease cars, which have been sitting in fields for a few months and have patchy update history... What's your VIN, in terms of the last 5 digits and obscuring the last couple (e.g. 210xx)?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it a lease car or private purchase? I really hope there aren't still Snow non-PP cars kicking around from the initial allocations of lease cars, which have been sitting in fields for a few months and have patchy update history... What's your VIN, in terms of the last 5 digits and obscuring the last couple (e.g. 210xx)?
Hmmm, VIN is 209xx - I'm guessing the "20" isn't a good sign? It's a private purchase.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'd reassure you too - Ordered mine early Nov - build complete 15/12/20 VIN 206XX left China 7/1/21 I think arrived Zeebruge 10/2/21 As per my request & PS website says delivery March which all makes sense for yours being a relatively new build - and a 21 plate.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
CS tell me my car is due in the UK "in the next week or so".

Based on previous/recent experience, what do people think that equates to in terms of delivery date to me? I need to do a bit of educated guess work in advance regarding my current lease now I'm getting the Polestar much earlier than I expected.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Normally it's about 10 days from the car actually arriving in the UK, so you should expect to be offered dates in the first week or two of March, I'd estimate...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Normally it's about 10 days from the car actually arriving in the UK, so you should expect to be offered dates in the first week or two of March, I'd estimate...
Cool, thanks - and there was me expecting about June/July when I ordered last week!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts