Polestar Forum banner

Ordering Through Lease Company

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Loggia 
#1 ·
Hi All,

New to the forum. So I decided to order a Polestar 2 on 04th January, through vanarama who I've used for many years for my company vehicles. Signed all paperwork, was told estimated delivery date was 26th April. Brilliant, and then it all starts going wrong.

They contacted ADL who do the leasing in February and they never placed the order for whatever reason with polestar!!! I only found this out on 02nd March when vanarama contacted me. So I waited 2 months for nothing. They've now processed the order again on 3rd March, but since then apparently ADL have been waiting for Polestar to confirm the order.

That's nearly 4 weeks for confirmation....

Now Vanarama are saying July / August delivery, which is OK but if polestar don't confirm the order surely it'll just keep getting later and later.

Also why aren't they confirming the order?

Is anyone else having the same issues?

#2 ·
I ordered last July through Vanarama. I requested delivery for 19th October as my old vw lease was going back on 20th. I had no written confirmation of any kind until about 10 days before. Then it all happened in a whirl & I received the car 21st October. Back then there was an issue with shipping cost discrepancies which had to be factored in after figures had been agreed. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are similar issues going on now- could be related to government subsidies or new spec levels etc.
I get the impression that the finance companies don’t find Polestar the easiest to deal with. New company trying to operate with a small staff.
All of the above could be complete bollocks. Just what I’ve picked up.
I wanted to walk away for a safer deal many times back last year. I am so happy I didn’t.
Good luck.
Edit: here’s a bunch of folks feeling as annoyed as you feel. All of whom now have cars which they love (I think)

#4 ·
That is rough... I had a taste of that, ordered in early December and read about this same situation on the forum. I chased in January and orders had not been placed, thanks entirely to shared info on here I understood and got it sorted! Just waiting for the day now!
Hope you hang in and they sort it for you. By all accounts on the forum it's worth waiting for.

#5 ·
I’ll echo what the preciousness posters have stated.

My company ordered on a lease, through a broker, who placed the order with Leaseplan.

Polestar appear to have been playing ducks and drakes over the delivery offer, as neither Leaseplan or my company contact have received an offer, despite the vehicle arriving in the UK on 12th March.

To give them their due, the contact at Leaseplan has straightened out Polestar and the vehicle is now being delivered 3rd week of April.

The moral in this story is that the leasing company has ultimate ownership of the car, so Polestar appears to only recognise their rights with regards to the order and delivery information, rather than the lessor.

#9 ·
To be fair to vanarama, as my current lease vehicle ends on 03rd March, its lease price will increase by 15% per month, but they said they can put it on a month by month rolling contract and they will cover the 15% each month until the polestar arrives. So can't fault them on that.

#12 ·
We are now experiencing pretty much the same issues you had. We ordered a Polestar 2 on the 9th March via Car Leasing Made Simple, they sent the order to ALD on the 10th March (all well before the government grant was removed). We were told to expect an order link from Polestar within a week and received nothing at all. We have been chasing the lease company and Polestar for weeks now. The lease company are adamant they sent the order to ALD but Polestar are saying they have no record of the order. We now stand to lose the £3000 grant and have no order either. We don't know who has made the error ALD or Polestar but the net result is the same.

#13 ·
Update.. I've just had a call from Polestar CS. We are going to get our car :) . Various issues regarding the removal of the government grant and changing from 2021 to 2022 model years caused a delay which Polestar have been working to clear with what sounds like a small team. Fantastic news and very good of Polestar CS to have reached out to us. We will have to wait until August but we were always willing to wait!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.