Polestar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been speculation on the forum as to whether the announcement that came with the current recall that OTA updates would be enabled in the car means that they are actually going to start rolling out OTA update or not. Well, I had a chat with a polestar representative about my order and took the opportunity to ask about OTA updates. This is what I was able to establish:

1) OTA updates will be able to be received by the cars after this update (cars delivered from now already include this capability)
2) They plan to deploy the first OTA update "early 2021"
2) It was NOT confirmed that ALL ECUs are OTA updatable but it was confirmed that their goal is that all software updates can be carried out without a workshop visit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
There has been speculation on the forum as to whether the announcement that came with the current recall that OTA updates would be enabled in the car means that they are actually going to start rolling out OTA update or not. Well, I had a chat with a polestar representative about my order and took the opportunity to ask about OTA updates. This is what I was able to establish:

1) OTA updates will be able to be received by the cars after this update (cars delivered from now already include this capability)
2) They plan to deploy the first OTA update "early 2021"
2) It was NOT confirmed that ALL ECUs are OTA updatable but it was confirmed that their goal is that all software updates can be carried out without a workshop visit.
Great, thanks @Snood
The plan is unsurprising vague, but it’s at least a very positive statement. Well done for asking / reporting.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
2021 2
2,602 Posts
Do we know what the software version number is for this update that allows eventual OTA updates?
@rgledhill does your checklist include this software version (currently says it's as of Oct 23)?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do we know what the software version number is for this update that allows eventual OTA updates?
@rgledhill does your checklist include this software version (currently says it's as of Oct 23)?
I think SW version is pretty useless to add to a checklist, New versions are delivered all the time, it would be less useful than intended to try, and fail to track that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts