·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received email from Polestar:

Climate-timer-in-norwegian
:unsure:

Hello Michael​
We are beginning to roll out Over-The-Air (OTA) updates for Polestar 2. OTA enables you to upgrade and improve functionality of your Polestar 2 without the need to visit a service point. We will accelerate this process over the coming weeks.

Some of the cars in other countries have successfully received the update. It’s now your turn.

The first OTA update will be pushed to your vehicle in the coming days.

The latest software package includes a number of improvements to the vehicle such as ability to schedule your parking climate timer from inside the vehicle. Refer to the release notes below for more information.

The update process is as follows: :
  1. The software package will download automatically in the background whenever you are driving the car but might take up to two hours. There is no cost involved. If you stop driving before the download is complete, it will automatically resume the next time you drive.
  2. Once the download is complete, your car will notify you that the installation is ready the next time you start the car and provide full instructions on what to do. A minimum charge level of 40% is required in order to run the installation.
  3. You will have the option to start the installation immediately, or later, which will dismiss the notification. You will find it again by swiping down from the top of the screen to access notifications.
  4. The installation will take approximately 90 minutes and you will not be able to use the car during the update. Charging the car is possible during the installation. During installation, charging may pause and restart – this is normal.
  5. A successful installation will result in a success message shown on your centre display.
  6. In the unlikely scenario of the installation not being successful, the car will report an error. If necessary, please contact Polestar Support for advice. If you are not able to restart installation right away, simply dismiss the notification and you will be able to drive as normal. You will be able to attempt the installation at another time by accessing the notification from the top of the screen.
As you are one of the first customers to receive an OTA update, Polestar appreciates your feedback on the experience in order to ensure a smooth customer process. Should you have any comments, questions or require support in relation to the OTA update, please contact Polestar Support.​
Release notes for software update: P2048.3
  • Climate control timer: activate the climate control to pre-heat your Polestar 2 from inside the car according to your desired schedule, accessible in the Parking climate control settings.
  • Drivability: improvements when starting from standstill, including smoother brake release.
  • Charging: stability improvements.
  • Range: improved range accuracy.
  • Supplementary battery: stability improvements to the 12-volt battery system.
  • Connectivity: stability improvements.
  • Rear windows: improved closing to create tighter seal against the glass.

I am currently on 1 October update with VIN 035XX;)
Will try it once notified. :unsure:
Doesn't say that in return for feedback they will send me a hoodie though.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts

Hello Michael​
We are beginning to roll out Over-The-Air (OTA) updates for Polestar 2. OTA enables you to upgrade and improve functionality of your Polestar 2 without the need to visit a service point. We will accelerate this process over the coming weeks.

Some of the cars in other countries have successfully received the update. It’s now your turn.

The latest software package includes a number of improvements to the vehicle such as ability to schedule your parking climate timer from inside the vehicle. Refer to the release notes below for more information.

The update process is as follows: :​
  1. The software package will download automatically in the background whenever you are driving the car but might take up to two hours. There is no cost involved. If you stop driving before the download is complete, it will automatically resume the next time you drive.
  2. Once the download is complete, your car will notify you that the installation is ready the next time you start the car and provide full instructions on what to do. A minimum charge level of 40% is required in order to run the installation.
  3. You will have the option to start the installation immediately, or later, which will dismiss the notification. You will find it again by swiping down from the top of the screen to access notifications.
  4. The installation will take approximately 90 minutes and you will not be able to use the car during the update. Charging the car is possible during the installation. During installation, charging may pause and restart – this is normal.
  5. A successful installation will result in a success message shown on your centre display.
  6. In the unlikely scenario of the installation not being successful, the car will report an error. If necessary, please contact Polestar Support for advice. If you are not able to restart installation right away, simply dismiss the notification and you will be able to drive as normal. You will be able to attempt the installation at another time by accessing the notification from the top of the screen.

As you are one of the first customers to receive an OTA update, Polestar appreciates your feedback on the experience in order to ensure a smooth customer process. Should you have any comments, questions or require support in relation to the OTA update, please contact Polestar Support.​

Release notes for software update: P2048.3​
  • Climate control timer: activate the climate control to pre-heat your Polestar 2 from inside the car according to your desired schedule, accessible in the Parking climate control settings.
  • Drivability: improvements when starting from standstill, including smoother brake release.

YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN.
OTA updates were available from 1st Oct update then. Did we know that?
Edit as unclear: The car was ready to accept OTA updates from 1st Oct version ?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN.
OTA updates were available from 1st Oct update then. Did we know that?
Yes, they told me when mine went in for the recall that it was now set for OTA updates.
A bit nervous about doing it just before Christmas though in case of problems. ( Be positive Mike).

·
Registered
69 Posts

Hello Michael​

The update process is as follows: :​

Release notes for software update: P2048.3​

Interesting Stuff - I though (incorrectly assumed) we needed the Nov software patch to receive OTA updates..! (I'm VIN No. 0137xx)

Let us know if/when/how you get on!!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
The October update was the version Polestar said would take OTA onwards.

Obviously being the Internet and Polestar a lot of people were in the "we will see" camp.

Glade to see the October update does allow OTA, as that's the version I have 😊

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
554 Posts
Interesting. Before the recent recall work I was on the 1st Sept version. Now on 1st Nov.

The recall email did mention upgrading to allow OTA, but that's probably because many of the cars affected were on old (pre October) software versions, like me!

Though my car is working fine right now - main thing I'm looking forward to is the iPhone app!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will let everybody know when it happens and how it went.
I think I have found out how they achieve the claimed range. I reset my TM whilst on a fairly flat bit of road before going downhill with regeneration on. At one time I showed 0kWh /100 mile but took this when I got home.

20201213_140704.jpg

;) 😂

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Parked up at work this morning and had a play with the infotainment system. Whilst doing that it must have finished downloading the OTA update. Set to update so should be ready by 11.30am
Will report on how it went.
20201216_094939_resized.jpg
20201216_095020_resized.jpg
20201216_095056_resized.jpg

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm sure Polestar will have their ears pricked ready for feedback too.
I'm always amazed how smudgy the tablet screen look on photos!
I can't seem to get a good photo with my Galaxy S9 of the screens. I wasn't sure if it was just my phone or my eyesight!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts