Polestar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
I suspect it's possible to have both tempered and laminated glass. Best of both worlds?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yes. I believe tempered is the process they use to make the glass. Whereas laminated is how they put the entire window together with two panes of glass.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well this discussion makes it interesting to let Polestar explain us about seemingly/apparently? the difference between the text in the user manual and the text on the side windowscreens

·
Registered
92 Posts
That wouldn't be the only error in the manual. I like this one best:

"Engine Drag Control
Engine Drag Control (EDC) can prevent involuntary wheel locking, e.g. after shifting down or engine braking when driving in low gear on slippery road surfaces."

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hmm... well that's how Volvo used to make them. Didn't someone say in some EU countries they couldn't use laminated windows?
That was me. After reading up on this issue, I have to withdraw that comment, though. It seems you can get some Volvos and Audis, possibly also Mercedes with laminated side windows.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Could it be that Polestar changed the originally designed laminated rear windows in tempered windows (for some reason) and that this causes the sometimes occurring rattle in the rear windows (some buyers mentioned this problem in this forum)?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Could it be that Polestar changed the originally designed laminated rear windows in tempered windows (for some reason) and that this causes the sometimes occurring rattle in the rear windows (some buyers mentioned this problem in this forum)?
All car glass is tempered as a safety measure. If they decided to not go with laminated windows in some markets, that could possibly be a reason for the rattling since laminated windows are a good bit thicker given the two panes of glass and the plastic core.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Dutch user manuel says this about the glass (you can let Google translate it 😊):

Ruiten, lampglazen en spiegels

De auto heeft meerdere verschillende ruiten, lampglazen en spiegels. Hiervan is een aantal gelaagd, getint en/of elektrisch verwarmd.
De voorruit, het panoramadak en de zijruiten in de portieren zijn voorzien van gelaagd glas. Gelaagd glas is verstevigd, voor een verbeterde inbraakbeveiliging en geluidsisolatie van het interieur.
PS-1926-Laminated glass symbol

Dit symbool staat op beglazing bestaande uit gelaagd glas.
I see. Thank you for the information. Then does your window has the symbol? And have you check if your car's side windows are indeed laminated? Because as previous post suggested EU standard does not allow laminated side windows correct? I am so confused :unsure:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I see. Thank you for the information. Then does your window has the symbol? And have you check if your car's side windows are indeed laminated? Because as previous post suggested EU standard does not allow laminated side windows correct? I am so confused :unsure:
😢 sorry, i cannot check because my car still has to be delivered. Still have to wait till january.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Laminated side glass is permitted in Europe - it's a feature on many high end vehicles. I can guarantee you it's not on the Polestar without checking though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Double paned windows actually do make a difference. In fact Tesla, responding to complaints about noise in the cabin of the Model 3, is now adding double-paned side glass as part of a refresh for the M3. Quieter, upscale cars, often do have double-paned side glass windows. Here's the relevant part of Electrek's story about the Model 3 refresh:

"Finally, Tesla has changed the windows with a new double-paned glass, which should help with noise and weather isolation."
That does sounds reasonable. Wonder what Polestar would do. SInce now there is clear discrapancies between the promise they made to the customers and the actual product.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Laminated side glass is permitted in Europe - it's a feature on many high end vehicles. I can guarantee you it's not on the Polestar without checking though.
Oh... so in that case they do made false claims on their product. Do you plan on doing anything?Some Chinese owner has now reported the issue to China Consumer Association (and they are a powerful organization for protection of consumer rights).

·
Registered
20 Posts
😢 sorry, i cannot check because my car still has to be delivered. Still have to wait till january.
Wow January?! Thats a long wait. But if we work this thing out, you might have your car delivered with laminated glass (fingers crossed)

41 - 60 of 96 Posts