Polestar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Where, in any of the pre-sales information, did they promise laminated side glass? I don't think the owner's manual forms any part of a binding purchase contract.

That part of the manual is clearly badly written - it should simply explain that if the symbol is present, it means the glass is laminated, and it should have a * to denote optional equipment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My apologies to the
Where, in any of the pre-sales information, did they promise laminated side glass? I don't think the owner's manual forms any part of a binding purchase contract.

That part of the manual is clearly badly written - it should simply explain that if the symbol is present, it means the glass is laminated, and it should have a * to denote optional equipment.
Well that promise was made by the sales rep and no physical proof...
But at least in China, an official manual should go through inspection process and review its validity (at least in my industry of work). Should that be any different in car industry and in other countries I don't konw but I would assume so.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Our house has a whitewash on it and the front faces south. As soon as the sun comes out, the house is covered with flies, ladybirds, wasps, bees, butterflies and all sorts, sunbathing! I think the white means they get a tan on their undersides too :cool:

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
75 Posts
I refer to an earlier post I made as to the difficult choice I had between the TM3 LR and the PS. In fact I had both on order at the same time whilst deliberating. I listed a number of things that were not in the Tesla which for me would have made a difference.....well what do you know, the salesman couldn’t reveal what was rife on the internet so they lost my order!

I recognise the looks and interior will still divide, but their range and 0-60 now improved due to tweaks.

well I’ve committed to the PS now with delivery this Monday but thought I’d share for anyone wrestling with car choice.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I refer to an earlier post I made as to the difficult choice I had between the TM3 LR and the PS. In fact I had both on order at the same time whilst deliberating. I listed a number of things that were not in the Tesla which for me would have made a difference.....well what do you know, the salesman couldn’t reveal what was rife on the internet so they lost my order!

I recognise the looks and interior will still divide, but their range and 0-60 now improved due to tweaks.

well I’ve committed to the PS now with delivery this Monday but thought I’d share for anyone wrestling with car choice.
Oh great! They finally installed expected things for this price tag like a driver's display, 360 cam, tailgate foot sensor, mechanical door handles, and a heated steering wheel!

[checks web site]
oh
hmm
well, there's always next year

in all seriousness, nice that they added a heat pump along with a couple of design changes.
I still wouldn't go for it (assuming my P*2 will be delivered any time soon...).
The interior looks like someone confused minimalism and nihilism. But I could see how this might tip some folks' calculations.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
75 Posts
Oh great! They finally installed expected things for this price tag like a driver's display, 360 cam, tailgate foot sensor, mechanical door handles, and a heated steering wheel!

[checks web site]
oh
hmm
well, there's always next year

in all seriousness, nice that they added a heat pump along with a couple of design changes.
I still wouldn't go for it (assuming my P*2 will be delivered any time soon...).
The interior looks like someone confused minimalism and nihilism. But I could see how this might tip some folks' calculations.
All valid of course but I do agree it will tip the balance for some. Had these factors been in play I am not convinced I would have cancelled my order. Still happy with my choice now and I will just have to wait for the promised features that the TM3 has now. All a balance and personal choice as we know.

As if my magic have had another email regarding confirmation of Monday delivery so it’s all too late now!

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
75 Posts
Question then....as its been on the road, been registered etc is there a financial penalty to pay for returning? Effectively you are giving back a 'used' vehicle and what rationale do you need to provide? Is simply 'im not hapoy' good enough?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is simply 'im not hapoy' good enough?
Assuming the law is the same in the UK, you need no reason at all to return something you bought online. You are entitled to test the goods like you could in a store. There migth be a penalty for excesive use, though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I believe Polestar sets a condition of up to 600 miles and no damage as part of the 14 day returns. If so there will not be any financial adjustment.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Interestingly they who must not be named have just withdrawn their 7 day, 1000 miles and no reason return policy. However not sure if the 14 day distance selling law would still catch them. Where is a consumer law expert when you need them 🤔.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I believe Polestar have voluntarily extended the returns period to 30 days for the few people on here who still have major outstanding issues, but the standard is 14 days.

Reactions: jonspolestar

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Is simply 'im not hapoy' good enough?
I believe Polestar have voluntarily extended the returns period to 30 days
Polestar emailed me to say they were extending to 30 days, because they are very slow to book cars in for work. Then there is the delay for the next available workshop timeslot. We are now over 30 days but i am careful in my email wording to reserve the right to reject if they faults are not rectified in the next visit. The mileage must be below 1000km. If you reject within 14 days you do not need a reason.

·
Registered
148 Posts
How's it going @toscal353 - have things started to be resolved?

61 - 80 of 96 Posts