Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Administrator
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first user claims P1.8 has been installed in the workshop.

Anyone else?

Reactions: Rsf

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
388 Posts
Still not listed on the Polestar site. Anyone know the changelog?

·
Registered
Polestar 2
278 Posts
My car was in the dealership Tuesday for an upgrade and only has v1.7 - so not sure it's available in the UK yet unless it came out yesterday.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I had a mobile service tech at my home yesterday (17-NOV-2021) to recalibrate my 360 cameras after my bumper replacement, and he said there was no newer update than the 1.7 I already have.

·
Registered
2021 Swedish Blue/Leather/Tow/19"
139 Posts
Just had my trailer hitch installed yesterday in the US, still on P1.7 after the software update for it.
Mind sharing how much they charged to do it after the fact?
I know the part cost is 1140.08 msrp and 820.86 discounted to certified volvo collisionn center.
From my insurance docs for a rear end collision that impacted my tow hitch.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mind sharing how much they charged to do it after the fact?
I know the part cost is 1140.08 msrp and 820.86 discounted to certified volvo collisionn center.
From my insurance docs for a rear end collision that impacted my tow hitch.
Cost me nothing, but it was part of the deal when I purchased the car (so I paid $1200 for it). I bought a car off the lot that didn't already have the hitch, and they didn't have one to install. Took almost 4 weeks for the order to come in. Install took around 6 hours.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just had my trailer hitch installed yesterday in the US
Did you order the hitch with the car or after you already had it? If the latter, do you mind sharing how much you paid?

I wanted to add the hitch after my car hit the dealership but before I took delivery, and they wanted to charge me $3k!

Edit: never mind, I should read the whole thread before posting!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Cost me nothing, but it was part of the deal when I purchased the car (so I paid $1200 for it). I bought a car off the lot that didn't already have the hitch, and they didn't have one to install. Took almost 4 weeks for the order to come in. Install took around 6 hours.
Glad for you. Denver wanted $1500 + install, nearly $2000 if I were to take the non tow hitch car on in stock and add the hitch. I said no thanks, you want to sell this car, and make me pay more?

However, what you say concerns me, they sent the european tow hook to collision center by mistake, said 1 week to deliver new hitch (ETA this friday), but now worried it will take 4 weeks like yours... That would suck, as I need my car back...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Did you order the hitch with the car or after you already had it? If the latter, do you mind sharing how much you paid?

I wanted to add the hitch after my car hit the dealership but before I took delivery, and they wanted to charge me $3k!

Edit: never mind, I should read the whole thread before posting!
This is why i really hate the Spaces. No consistency, should be all the same $1200 order with car, $1200 to install after. Problem is behind every Space is a shitty Volvo Leach Dealership. This will be the downfall of an pretty awesome brand, shitty dealerships.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
My car was in the dealership Tuesday for an upgrade and only has v1.7 - so not sure it's available in the UK yet unless it came out yesterday.
Mine was updated yesterday at a dealership and was only P1.7

Reactions: BedsPolestar

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
231 Posts
This is why i really hate the Spaces. No consistency, should be all the same $1200 order with car, $1200 to install after. Problem is behind every Space is a shitty Volvo Leach Dealership. This will be the downfall of an pretty awesome brand, shitty dealerships.
You have such a different system in the US where the Volvo dealerships seem to have a lot of power and significant impact on the customer experience.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My sales guy said there was going to be a cost involved above what was included in the original deal. Could be they messed up not charging me anything. I'm sure if that's the case, I will be hearing back from them.

·
Registered
California
908 Posts
You have such a different system in the US where the Volvo dealerships seem to have a lot of power and significant impact on the customer experience.
It turns every minor issue or request — I just wanted to get OEM All-Season tires swapped on – into a week-long session of alternating phone tag and ghosting. I get bombarded with automated text messages and emails from something like 3-4 different systems, all of which say they’re the “primary point of contact”. Then once they’ve taken my car, no one responds on any of those systems and I go 48 hours without being able to confirm current status.

All for something they told me would take less than a day.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Our P* spaces in the US are franchise stores owned by local Volvo dealerships. Thats why. I test drove an XC40 recharge at the volvo dealer that owns Denver Space. I dont ever want to go back there. Thank goodness first service is 2 yrs

·
Registered
98 Posts
Our P* spaces in the US are franchise stores owned by local Volvo dealerships. Thats why. I test drove an XC40 recharge at the volvo dealer that owns Denver Space. I dont ever want to go back there. Thank goodness first service is 2 yrs
Yeah, I honestly wished I could just go to my local Volvo in my area. They are great and I've never had an issue with them.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts