Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 / Snow / Barley Nappa / Plus & Pilot Packs / Performance Pack / Trunk Mat / Towbar
113 Posts
I was chatting on with a rep in the Polestar app yesterday here in the US to ask if and when the 50kW upgrade would be available here and he had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. He did say that 1.8 was getting ready to be pushed. I asked him what 1.8 would address and he responded. “Unfortunately I have no idea what the update will include!” My take away was that this forum is far more informed than the Polestar reps. Sadly, I am not surprised.

·
Registered
895 Posts
This was posted by a Facebook group member who was accidentally pushed P1.8. I only speak English and Bad English but it sure looks like a charging timer to me.

Either that or the new update can crack a safe, time will tell.

View attachment 9057
Yup, that's a charging timer with configurable start/stop time. This particular timer is set for "every day" which makes me assume that like preheat timers, you can have multiple with different times and days combinations.

Reactions: PolestarMG

·
Registered
657 Posts
That UI looks terrible (12h clock? Really? But looking forward to this feature. Hope they’ve fixed the charge reporting issues 1.7 introduced without introducing many more!
Still waiting for your parenthesis to close!
I think the function is far more welcome than any UI, especially if it works.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes. Why should we be limited to 30 minutes? It should be up to me to decide if I want to keep my car warm all day long. When it's below -20 celcius it really takes a while before the care is all warm.

·
Administrator
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That UI looks terrible (12h clock? Really? But looking forward to this feature. Hope they’ve fixed the charge reporting issues 1.7 introduced without introducing many more!
Weird. The Android clock has a 24h interface.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
1,070 Posts
Still waiting for your parenthesis to close!
I think the function is far more welcome than any UI, especially if it works.
Sorry I broke your parser! I blame the mobile phone cramped edit dialog box :)

Of course it's welcome, I'm just not sure how a 12 hour clock would visualise this properly when a schedule should be on a per 24-hour day basis. As long as it works I don't care how it looks at this stage.

I would expect either no visualisation (it's fine, just a start/stop time really) or if it were to be visualised something that is 24-hour based, like eg this that sets quiet time for notifications on iOS (and as @krheinwald Android has a 24h UI too):

Watch Gauge Speedometer Measuring instrument Circle

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
376 Posts
I have seen some android interfaces with concentric rings for 1-12 and 13-00. The non-active ring is hidden. Without seeing/playing with it, it's not certain we are seeing the whole interface.

Reactions: 2RatsElop

·
Registered
895 Posts
As I understand it from sources. Once software is pushed OTA to volvo employee vehicles (as opposed to specific Test, project, rig and mule vehicles) then it is basically the final software for that release.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Dual Motor, plus & pilot, midnight & towbar
170 Posts
Yes. Why should we be limited to 30 minutes? It should be up to me to decide if I want to keep my car warm all day long. When it's below -20 celcius it really takes a while before the care is all warm.
It's not exactly an environmentally conscious thing to do though, is it.... even though it's an electric car, even if the energy is coming from renewable, it's still taking up energy that could be used elsewhere.

21 - 40 of 123 Posts