Polestar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2022 P2, Snow, Plus Pack, Charcoal
72 Posts
Just got mine back from Waylands Volvo Bristol (recommended - better than City Motors) and although they updated some software it is still showing as 1.7
About to head to bristol dealership for not LTE so will keep this in mind. How long did the fix take?

·
Registered
215 Posts
About to head to bristol dealership for not LTE so will keep this in mind. How long did the fix take?
They kept the car overnight as they were waiting for parts - damaged underbody trim. I was amazed that they got this overnight - apparently there is a stock in Slough.

My issue was the car releasing the charge cable when fully charged (and no key present). CS told me to take it in, but I have not had a chance to see if they fixed the fault.

·
Registered
2022 P2, Snow, Plus Pack, Charcoal
72 Posts
They kept the car overnight as they were waiting for parts - damaged underbody trim. I was amazed that they got this overnight - apparently there is a stock in Slough.

My issue was the car releasing the charge cable when fully charged (and no key present). CS told me to take it in, but I have not had a chance to see if they fixed the fault.
Hope it's fixed for you. I will look out for you around Bristol. I'm in a Snow. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts

Is the cable release after a full charge without a key present an issue with software affecting all cars or is a random issue affecting a limited number of cars.
I been searching up on this and I thought it's a software issue which I am waiting for a OTA fix.
Otherwise I'll call PS CS to get mine looked in to. Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think it affects some but not all cars. The issue does not appear to have been fixed, so let's see if 1.8 addresses it
Thanks, I was hoping 1.7 would fix the issue. I messaged PS CS, they asked me to book my car in to get the issue looked in to. I'm hoping it's a while you wait fix or they supply me a loan car. Don't really have time at the moment to get this looked in to. So if 1.8 fixes it then great, otherwise I'll book it in mid December.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
That UI looks terrible (12h clock? Really? But looking forward to this feature. Hope they’ve fixed the charge reporting issues 1.7 introduced without introducing many more!
Using a 12 hour clock protects us against our youth. It's our "old folks" secret code.

·
Registered
141 Posts
BTW, I called customer service as I'm still on P2128 and have never had a successful OTA update. I mentioned the power upgrade and the guy had no clue. None.

This forum is indeed ahead of the curve.
My dealer salesguy said he found out about it the day before it was publicly announced and it's not even available here. I'm convinced there's just people in those sorts of positions that don't do anything extra because it's just a job to them.

·
Registered
Snow, slate, ordered Nov 2020, VIN 10xxx
64 Posts
BTW, I called customer service as I'm still on P2128 and have never had a successful OTA update. I mentioned the power upgrade and the guy had no clue. None.

This forum is indeed ahead of the curve.
You have never had a successful OTA update? Don’t they know how much many of us rely on your help and guidance? I wonder how P tests updates if cars are not all running identical software and hardware. I would have have thought that maintaining a consistent platform is critical to testing updates to insure positive results.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
You have never had a successful OTA update? Don’t they know how much many of us rely on your help and guidance? I wonder how P tests updates if cars are not all running identical software and hardware. I would have have thought that maintaining a consistent platform is critical to testing updates to insure positive results.
LOL...

I'm thinking it has something to do with my low VIN and I'm hoping it will sort itself out over time. Until then, it's back to Boston for the new software.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hmm... my VIN is "LPSED3KA.......06XXX" built in July 2020 and delivered in April 2021. So far I have successfully installed 3 OTA updates since delivery.

41 - 60 of 123 Posts