Polestar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My keys became unresponsive a few weeks after upgrading to p2.2; did the full TCAM reset which involved removing the 3.6v battery in the trunk. That fixed it for a little bit and then my keys became unresponsive again.

Called my Polestar Service center and they told me a new tech journal came out last Friday (July 29, 2022) which involved the reset and then a new software install.

Azure Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue

This has seem to fix it pretty well so far!

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Is it too paranoid to think they might’ve tried to push this to our cars as a silent update, kicking off the array of TCAM issues that came up this week?

·
Registered
22-Thunder-LRDM-Pilot
43 Posts
My one month old car had the first TCAM issue the first week of ownership, I experienced the lack of functionality of the keys and SOS message, this was three weeks ago. They did the TCam reset that everyone knows. Two days ago it happened again, and the service person told me about this new bulletin from polestar about how to deal with the issue. I am glad Polestar is trying to came out with a different fix than the reset. However, there was a comment from a Reddit user about the new software install being a roll back software install, not a new one. The service told him that “with this rollback you will not get an OTA software the car will need to come to the shop for that update.”
My car has the the 2.2 with no Carplay and I am waiting to get it. I hope the install it on site, since the fix seems to allow the car for OTA updates. Did the service center mentioned something like that after ? Does you car has Apple car play update already?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My keys became unresponsive a few weeks after upgrading to p2.2; did the full TCAM reset which involved removing the 3.6v battery in the trunk. That fixed it for a little bit and then my keys became unresponsive again.

Called my Polestar Service center and they told me a new tech journal came out last Friday (July 29, 2022) which involved the reset and then a new software install.

View attachment 16293

This has seem to fix it pretty well so far!
I had the same thing last week. Was at a retail park and had to get the car picked up and taken to a local Volvo dealership on Friday. The issue was fixed by Monday afternoon. The tech said he reset it and installed some software but didn’t go into the specifics. I also saw another post on Reddit where one poster said that he was told that the software fix needed to be installed in the actual TCAM unit hence why it needed to be taken. I’ve not had an issue since last week.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My keys stopped working the other day and had the SOS message pop up. I did the defroster TCAM reset a few times and it did not fix the issue. I had to do the 12V battery and TCAM battery disconnect and that solved the issue (thus far). I'm on 2.2 and never had this happen in the 7 months that I had the car and only had to do the defroster TCAM reset once or twice before.

·
Registered
22-Thunder-LRDM-Pilot
43 Posts
My keys stopped working the other day and had the SOS message pop up. I did the defroster TCAM reset a few times and it did not fix the issue. I had to do the 12V battery and TCAM battery disconnect and that solved the issue (thus far). I'm on 2.2 and never had this happen in the 7 months that I had the car and only had to do the defroster TCAM reset once or twice before.
Even when I can do the TCAM reset myself, I refuse to do it. Am I going to get pay $100 by polestar for the one hour work involved? I think by doing it ourselves and not calling sevice or support to at least let them know or out it on the record, we don’t create the urgency for Polestar to fix the issue. I am 80 miles from the service.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So since this is part of a technical journal, can you simply ask to be updated to this TCAM software version "if you want it", or do you have to show that you have these key related TCAM issues first?

In addition, do you think newly delivered cars are being updated with this TCAM software version?

·
Registered
22-Thunder-LRDM-Pilot
43 Posts
So since this is part of a technical journal, can you simply ask to be updated to this TCAM software version "if you want it", or do you have to show that you have these key related TCAM issues first?

In addition, do you think newly delivered cars are being updated with this TCAM software version?
I think your car has to showed some issues for them to give you an appointment. I heard about the roll back software version from a user in the Reddit forum. I don't think new cars are delivered with the old version. I think they have the new version. I will be picking my car tomorrow after a week being at the service due to the TCAM issues. The Volvo service person told me that they replaced the entire module with a new one, so I don't think they just did a roll back software for my car. I will have more information tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts