Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 426 Posts

·
Administrator
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Volvo has published the release notes for P2.2.
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Slope

Video Apps - Netflix?

I hope the wireless charging improvements for iPhones also improve wireless charging for other phones and not make it worse, now that all iPhones will charge over USB anyway.

·
Administrator
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Memo from Volvo UK:

"LAUCH OF APPLE CARPLAY FOR GOOGLE-BASED CARS

• Apple CarPlay will shortly be available for our Google-based infotainment, via a free OTA (Over-The-Air) software update expected during the last week of June.
• CarPlay will used a wired connection for charging and a stable connection.
• Once connected, Siri can be activating with a long press of the steering wheel voice control icon
• When using map navigation via CarPlay no guidance is shown in the driver display, but only in the centre display.
• When navigation is started through Apple CarPlay, ongoing native turn-by-turn route guidance will be ended.
• Owner’s manuals have been updated with instructions on how to connect and operate CarPlay: C40 Manual - Apple CarPlay"

Apple CarPlay coming end of June 2022 to Google...

Once connected, Siri can be activating with a long press of the steering wheel voice control icon
I wish that had been available for all phones connected via BT from the beginning. That's something I really miss from my A5.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Volvo has published the release notes for P2.2.
View attachment 14910
"Reduced rate of false "no entry" traffic sign alerts." That is good, did get a lot of those indeed. Fewer 'school zones' on the motorway would be good too.

"Drivetrain optimisation adjustments". Not optimisation, but optimisation adjustments. Mysterious!

·
Administrator
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wireless Carplay & Android Auto work via wifi.
I was referring to hands-free control over BT. Totally independent of AA and CP. Long press on the voice control button activated Siri/Google Assistant on the phone connected via BT.

Reactions: Antore

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
970 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
The drivers display is run off Google Maps
The drivers display has Google Maps projected onto it from AAOS. Reboot the IHU while driving and see what happens ;) GMaps doesn't come back up until Android finishes booting. They could project through existing mechanisms based on that.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
The drivers display has Google Maps projected onto it from AAOS. Reboot the IHU while driving and see what happens ;) GMaps doesn't come back up until Android finishes booting. They could project through existing mechanisms based on that.
I’m aware it is projected from AAOS, and when the infotainment isn’t booted up it shows a blank screen on the drivers display. CarPlay is just a projection from the phone to the infotainment if using a different app other than Google maps it wouldn’t display correctly on the drivers display, and the Google maps version for Apple sucks.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
1,638 Posts
I’m aware it is projected from AAOS, and when the infotainment isn’t booted up it shows a blank screen on the drivers display. CarPlay is just a projection from the phone to the infotainment if using a different app other than Google maps it wouldn’t display correctly on the drivers display, and the Google maps version for Apple sucks.
I'm not sure if current gen CarPlay supports multiple screens - does this work on any car right now?

I recall on WWDC the next revision most definitely does, so it should be possible to project the map there too in the future if implemented by Polestar.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I'm not sure if current gen CarPlay supports multiple screens - does this work on any car right now?
CarPlay has 2 variants. One is on iDrive7 which allows a card style interface to be projected with directions onto a drivers display and HUD, and iOS15 introduced the new multiscreen than can project the whole map onto a drivers display, which is implemented in iDrive8.

·
Registered
2022 AWD Midnight w/ Pilot & Plus. Nappa Leather. X-Ice 19" for winter
96 Posts
My suspicion for missing features is that this release was not driven by conpleteness, “when we’re done” but by investors more or less saying “we promised it and we need to ship something”. The question then is, do they stop here for MY21/22/22 or do we get further updates?

A direct comparison to a Polestar 2 is a Tesla Model 3. The Teslas all get ongoing software updates regardless of the year. Original Model S cars could get the infotainment hardware upgraded for a nominal fee too. If Polestar wants to be at least be considered on par with Tesla they need to keep the updates coming.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 pilot, plus, performance, magnesium.
401 Posts
I think they are still working on it. I think mentioned no navigation in the dash because they are still working on implementing it there.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am wondering if the native google maps will still be displayed on the driver's display while using CarPlay (Waze) on the center screen.
In my wife's 2019 Audi Q7, when you use Apple CarPlay on center display, the driver's display does not continue to show the native virtual cockpit map. Instead, it shows media, compass etc.

1 - 20 of 426 Posts