Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got P2.4 installed at shop last week.
Since then I have no audio car or warning chimes (seatbelt warning, radio, rear etc.) after charging.
Car needs to be parked without charging connected for some time then all comes back?

Car is in shop today for replacing the heat pump and above... got new front brakes last week and a wheel alignment.
Will probably get P2.5 today and maybe it solves the chime issue?!

· Super Moderator
Polestar 2 Dual Motor, Long Range, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,618 Posts
Very strange! Not heard of that one before or noticed it myself. Let's see what fun P2.5 brings... everything's been remarkably stable since P2.4 so I'm really hoping they don't break anything!

· Registered
198 Posts
Sorry for taking this off track, but do you have to have 2.4 if it is a workshop only install? Can you just wait for the 2.5 OTA update?
Polestar announced that you can download 2.5 once it reaches OTA even if you skip 2.4 (straight from 2.3->2.5).

I'm guessing the same is possible if you have 2.2 since they pulled the 2.3 update.

· Registered
253 Posts
My wife has complained about this on a few occasions recently, although I’ve not experienced it myself. No audio whatsoever, not even indicator sound. A infotainment reset sorts it, but the problem doesn’t seem to have coincided with any update. Our car has been on 2.3 since it was released.

· Registered
190 Posts
Since 2.4 was installed we had to reset the infotainment system several times to get the sound back as well as google maps.
hopefully we will get 2.5 soon and it will fix this. Maybe the footwell lights will start working again also. 😀

· Registered
2 Posts
My wife has complained about this on a few occasions recently, although I’ve not experienced it myself. No audio whatsoever, not even indicator sound. A infotainment reset sorts it, but the problem doesn’t seem to have coincided with any update. Our car has been on 2.3 since it was released.
It actually just happened again to me today. I did just force reboot (whatever it’s called - tapping and holding on the little white line on the bottom of the screen), and that restored everything for me. I hope this is a bug they fix.

· Registered
P*2 DMLR Midnight Plus+Pilot lite
98 Posts
I noticed today that the traffic sign information was no longer displayed in the driver's screen. Toggling the setting did not help, but after I switched to the small map display and back it started working again. Weird.
Also had 82% SoC when I arrived home last night, car is set to charge limit of 80%. Plugged the car in for the night, but in the morning it showed 76%, also weird. Outside temp was around -5'C.

· Registered
MY22 LRSM Void,Pilot,Plus
759 Posts
Got P2.4 installed at shop last week.
Since then I have no audio car or warning chimes (seatbelt warning, radio, rear etc.) after charging.
Car needs to be parked without charging connected for some time then all comes back?

Car is in shop today for replacing the heat pump and above... got new front brakes last week and a wheel alignment.
Will probably get P2.5 today and maybe it solves the chime issue?!
I've had the no sounds thing a couple of times but resetting the entertainment system restored it for me.

· Registered
29 Posts
Rebooting the Infotainment did not restore the sound for me.

Car is fixed, new heat pump (rev 3), new Tcam battery and P2.5 loaded.... everything works again.
Just curious. How did you find out your heatpump was not working. I'm In a situation where I experience loud buzzing from the car when I stop for e.g. red light. The buzzing is lower or stops when I drive off again. I can make it disappear by switching on ECO. I'm also struggling with preheating the car battery. Seeing the snowflake and not disappearing even after an 1 long trip.Befor trip var was asked to preheat via timer and the cable connected. Thanks

· Super Moderator
3,618 Posts
Worth knowing that there's no battery pre-heat. They did for a while, until about a year ago, when they removed this feature. It's now just the cabin that's pre-heated.

(The battery is actually heated up but only if you navigate to a fast charger, and only when you start driving.)

· Registered
29 Posts
Worth knowing that there's no battery pre-heat. They did for a while, until about a year ago, when they removed this feature. It's now just the cabin that's pre-heated.

(The battery is actually heated up but only if you navigate to a fast charger, and only when you start driving.)
Well that’s not what Polestar tells us when asking into preheating. So are you just guessing or do you have anything to backup your claim?

Reactions: krheinwald

· Administrator
2,711 Posts
The battery is preheated when the car is connected to AC and a pre conditioning timer is set (and the temperature of the battery is below a certain threshold).

· Super Moderator
3,618 Posts
Really? I'm 99% sure that's gone. I'll check next time I do a decent trip.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts