Polestar Forum banner

P2.5 OTA not! incoming - 2.4 revived instead

63K views 563 replies 146 participants last post by  Will DaBeast 
I'm on 2.2.3 (I think :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️) and everything is very good and stable. Seeing the early reports from 2.5 and considering those are just a few who had it from a workshop I'll wait a little again until they pull it again...LOL I love driving our car but I've never come across a company that is a bad at software as polestar is...

Also on P2.5, no issues so far, some adjustment has probably being done to the Pixel lights since the beam pattern has changed.
You are the second I'm hearing this from. Is yours to the better or worse? The other source seem to suggest it is worse. Together with the Volvo mishap I think I'll sit this one out again :p

There's also no reason to believe it's been pulled, both answers have come from a support agent.
Doesn't the Volvo account setting break more things than that OTA update fixes?

I'm definitely still staying on 2.2.3 for a while...Christmas period, potentially bricked car or with more stuff not working and no recovery or garages open sound like a really stupid time to release a new OTA update...

I find this just unbelievable, in all my years of experience I've never witnessed an omnishambles (yup good word @stevelup ) like what I've seen this year. I've quit my job in the UK to move back to the Netherlands, but I'm considering Gothenburg now and offer my services. What an incredibly bad team...they have some serious problems and seemingly a void of the most elementary processes in their SDLC...

Can we just crowdfund you to do the work?
LOL I'm luckily at a point in live where money isn't the motivator, sharing my experience and witnessing improvement and shares or tokens do it for me :p But I appreciate the thought :love:

To me these cars, technology would at this stage would also benefit from open sourcing it. That doesn't mean free for all for those not familiar with the concept but what I'm witnessing across Polestar ownership is that there is a lot of good will and a lot of smart brains.

Yes PA does that since version 2.3. It jerks the wheel out of your hand if you are not careful trying to exit the highway or drive into oncoming traffic. I no longer use PA with passengers in the car, too many "what are doing?" moments.
Just PA or LA as well?

I've got a feeling I'm staying on 2.2.3 for the rest of my ownership :ROFLMAO: Changing the ACC for the worse was bad enough. I really wish they stop fiddling about with things that you as a driver don't have settings for as it materially changes the feel of the car from the one I bought and test drove...

Just curious: why do you think that? For non-2023 model cars with performance pack the upgrade is a paid upgrade, to me it seems logical that this is deployed separately then?
Because it is true. I couldn't get my performance upgrade when I bought it because v2.1 was halted and replaced by v2.2 and then v2.2 got stopped, then v2.2.2 got stopped, and finally v2.2.3 got released OTA started again and I could get my upgrade.

I argued why I missed it for six weeks whilst I paid for it. The reason is that it requires a full software install OTA of the current version.

So those who already have v2.5 and then bought the power upgrade will have a wait as the next OTA is some version of v2.4 so they won't get that. And who knows the OTA version with the Power Upgrade was against version 2.5 when it was current. So there could be a chance that even those who get v2.4 OTA may not yet get their power upgrade...

Welcome to Polestar version and configuration management and continual deployments ;)

Ergo, why a lot of stuff on this forum (as well as most forums) is inaccurate or misleading. Many of the threads are nothing more than gossip…as well as comments from trolls.

Unless I see the same issue/comment posted multiple times from different people, or get it directly from my Polestar service rep, or someone that should know…I take what I read on here with a grain of salt.
??? Who are you calling a troll? That is not very nice, I was sharing first-hand experience, no rumour, no trolling. Ready to get a refund from Polestar as it took so long. Some of us actually have already gone through this...

Muppet...

It may be dependent on region if that experience is true. Due to the timing of the performance availability in Australia, most people got the performance upgrade (cloud icon, and update without any other info or changes in release notes) and soon got the official 2.1 update separately. They didn't seem to be bundled with OTA update at all. If your curious, there is info in the Australian Owners thread around May/June 👍🏻
We are talking about the same thing then ;) Cloud icon, update without any other information or change in release notes is the current OTA update ;) The one that was already applied to your car. So they were likely already on 2.0 and thus got 2.0 applied again. What you just said is the same just using different words ;)

So you mean wasn't bundled? As in, was on 2.3, then got OTA to 2.4 when you picked it up, then the power upgrade came 13 days after that? That sounds similar to my experience and others in Australia leading me to believe (for Australia at least) they don't hold a power upgrade for the next software release, it just goes OTA after it has been purchased and flows through the approval pipes.
As I've explained many a time, as long as there is a current live OTA version you'll get it. Nobody ever said to hold for the next software release. If you are on v1.0 and v1.0 is alive and current, and you bought the power upgrade you will get v1.0 again but then with the power upgrade. If you were on v1.0 and hadn't done the upgrade to v1.1 which is “now” (as in this example) the live OTA version, you will have to accept the power upgrade as part of v1.1; i.e. the current live OTA. It is not a separate upgrade or deployment, it gets deployed with whatever is the current live OTA version…

Hmm... no OTA yet (South Florida). My Launch Edition with P2.3 is running as expected with one small exception; the "Connect" light on the overhead console is not illuminated. All connectivity is fine and nothing of note otherwise. Could that be an indication of an issue that might be preventing the OTA, or just something worth noting the next time I bring him in for service?
It seems they are doing a very slow and controlled rollout. I've got nothing yet either.

And seemingly starting in NA, and not Europe as with other OTA’s.
I guess it is mainly to get the Power Upgrades out for the NA market. I suspect that if they didn't open that one up for sale they wouldn't have gone with v2.4 but sorted v2.5 in some kind of version.

Total guess work on my behalf :)

That’s the thing about very slow; even if it’s not controlled, it sure looks that way. 😆
Fair point well made (y) (y):ROFLMAO:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.