Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
quick tip: there's no touch sensor on the steering wheel - it detects steering input by torque on the wheel. I just rest my hand at 5 or 7 o'clock on the wheel and it provides enough twist on the wheel to detect driver input.
Exactly yes. I hold the wheel loosely with a couple fingers at the bottom, just to the left of the weird plastic obstruction down there. That’s enough to keep it from ever beeping at me. But like someone else mentioned, I grab the wheel hard whenever an exit is coming up, because that sucker loves to pull hard toward the exits....

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Not only centered, but also a lane assist that doesn’t rip toward the expanding gap for highway exit ramps.
Yep, this has been a pretty consistent complaint for me with our Polestar, especially since our V90cc, which supposedly has the 'older' type of Pilot Assist system, doesn't struggle with this at all. Oh, and it holds the centerline of the lane just fine.

·
Administrator
2,702 Posts
PS release notes. Not online yet.
Communication Device Mobile device Font Gadget Screenshot

Updates in software V2.5
  • Improvements to reduce the risk of not being able to open the car with the remote key.
  • A button for removing a paired device is added to the menu for pairing devices.
  • FM/DAB radio bug fixes and functional improvements. The last selected radio station will start when vehicle is started again.
  • Improvements to the Range Assistant estimations. More information about Range Assistant can be found in the owner’s manual.
  • Note: Information sharing between vehicles is temporarily disabled. This can be enabled in the car’s privacy settings after V2.5 is installed. Read more about Connected Safety in your owner’s manual. Information sharing between vehicles via cloud services is only available in Europe, Canada, and the U.S

·
Registered
62 Posts
PS release notes. Not online yet.
View attachment 19834

Updates in software V2.5
  • Improvements to reduce the risk of not being able to open the car with the remote key.
  • A button for removing a paired device is added to the menu for pairing devices.
  • FM/DAB radio bug fixes and functional improvements. The last selected radio station will start when vehicle is started again.
  • Improvements to the Range Assistant estimations. More information about Range Assistant can be found in the owner’s manual.
  • Note: Information sharing between vehicles is temporarily disabled. This can be enabled in the car’s privacy settings after V2.5 is installed. Read more about Connected Safety in your owner’s manual. Information sharing between vehicles via cloud services is only available in Europe, Canada, and the U.S
The fact that they turn off Data Sharing, and it needs to be manually re-enabled, means almost no one will do so, I guess... :/

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had 2.5 installed today by Polestar Toronto. Everything is working fine so far. The only visible change that I see is that when the Range Assistant is visible in the Home Screen (i.e., when it appears in the upper right quadrant) it now displays the "instant" energy use data - which is nice to have.

Interesting that when I tried to go into the settings to re-enable Connected Safety, everything referred to Volvo, and the screen informed me that I would need to log into my Volvo account in order to make the change that I wanted!

·
Registered
686 Posts
The title made me think of a war movie scene where someone dives into a trench just as a shell explodes behind them.

This is the kind of trepidation OTA updates have instilled in me.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I had 2.5 installed today by Polestar Toronto. Everything is working fine so far. The only visible change that I see is that when the Range Assistant is visible in the Home Screen (i.e., when it appears in the upper right quadrant) it now displays the "instant" energy use data - which is nice to have.

Interesting that when I tried to go into the settings to re-enable Connected Safety, everything referred to Volvo, and the screen informed me that I would need to log into my Volvo account in order to make the change that I wanted!
I just wish we also could get estimated SoC at arrival on the home screens little quadrant

·
Registered
MY22 LRDM Snow Pilot Plus 20" wheels
530 Posts
This is an example of the lack of testing prior to a SW release that makes many Polestar drivers clench whenever a new version is made available. If they didn’t spot the Volvo references in the UI during testing, then what else have they missed…?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just wish we also could get estimated SoC at arrival on the home screens little quadrant
And/or ability to swap the WLTP-based range estimate shown in the dashboard to a range-assistant provided one. It's kinda silly that they're wildly different and everyone (quite rightly so) asks why is the car showing two different range estimates.

21 - 40 of 114 Posts