Polestar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car went in to the Volvo dealer yesterday for a new wiring loom that was causing airbag faults to randomly appear.
Picked it up today and they have updated to 2.5. The app seems much faster and the greyed out climate option when on 2.3.1 is now fixed.

·
Registered
LRDM, Pilot, Plus, Midnight, Sep 2022
75 Posts
I wonder if the first item which says “remote key” refers to PAK or the regular key fob.
Physical key, they say.

·
Registered
LRDM, Pilot, Plus, Midnight, Sep 2022
75 Posts
I think that the interim software release P2.4 which was only available in workshops, not OTA, was a way to monitor just a few well-identified cars.
I hope P2.5 is the good one 🤩.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Launch Edition (Thunder/Slate)
1,964 Posts
I dropped of mine for the 2 year service, and to my surprise it came back with the same version it had before, P2.2.

Went back to ask why this wasn't updated as mine suffers the remote not working issue that P2.5 allegedly fixes and after several attempts and calls to the powers that be they were equally confused as why no later software was available for mine, as P2.5 was released yesterday (21st Nov).

They're waiting to hear back from the mothership and I'll get a call back when they do, but they suggested one possibility is that P2.5 was pulled just like P2.3 was. No idea why it won't offer P2.4 either though.

Update: Got a call today (two days later) and was told that they have been told that 2.5 is now available again and they just installed it on another car a few minutes ago and I could either wait to get it OTA or book time to have it installed at Volvo.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I’m just snarking — if they just pulled it (eg @kkonstan didn’t get it) because the data sharing is still broken 🫢
I think we've established now that they're not very strict when it comes to versioning!

All I know is that their backend basically claims this is the latest software (P2.2) for my vehicle so it won't let them install anything else.

It could be that they don't have a P2.5 built for my particular hardware combo yet, so it might be released for a subset of the fleet for all we know.

If they did indeed pull P2.5 though, it's not a good streak is it? P2.2 (I had the original with the miles -> km bug that they pulled and hotfixed OTA for me) then P2.3, P2.4 never been made generally available etc.

·
Registered
California
1,864 Posts
If they did indeed pull P2.5 though, it's not a good streak is it? P2.2 (I had the original with the miles -> km bug that they pulled and hotfixed OTA for me) then P2.3, P2.4 never been made generally available etc.
I’m also up for a debate on how many “releases” we should count for P2.3 / P2.3.1 given the variations of that one..

·
Registered
443 Posts
I think we've established now that they're not very strict when it comes to versioning!

All I know is that their backend basically claims this is the latest software (P2.2) for my vehicle so it won't let them install anything else.
Pretty sure that when you tap "Check for Updates", it is NOT querying the backend. This is just checking locally for upgrades that may have been pushed to your vehicle.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Pretty sure that when you tap "Check for Updates", it is NOT querying the backend. This is just checking locally for upgrades that may have been pushed to your vehicle.
That is correct, however doesn’t apply.

The car was hooked up with the dealers diagnostics kit and it insisted there’s no newer version valid for this car to install.

I will hopefully find out in the next few days why this is the case.

·
Registered
717 Posts
That is correct, however doesn’t apply.

The car was hooked up with the dealers diagnostics kit and it insisted there’s no newer version valid for this car to install.

I will hopefully find out in the next few days why this is the case.
This sounds like a backend problem and there’s something about your parts combination that is causing the glitch.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I did get 2.4 as a workshop update (first ever) when I got my first service week before last. No issues, everything seems to be working fine, and I even tried the PAK for a fast food run last night. No issues...but still won't trust it just yet. I may actually wait a bit before I load 2.5 OTA as 2.4 has been so solid for me. Note that I did go straight from 2.2 to 2.4 as 2.3 was pulled before I could accept it.

Keep in mind I've never had any issue with an OTA ever. My first one was in early 2021, under the old P2xxx version number scheme, before they switched to 1.x format. The first OTA I did not get successfully was the aforementioned 2.3.

·
Administrator
2,702 Posts
Hopefully they will finally get the camera to reliably detect parked cars with ACC. But not mentioning anything let's me wait for 2.6...
That will not happen. Ignoring stationary objects is part of the system design for every ACC, not only the PS one.

Stationary objects are handled by the emergency brake assistent.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That will not happen. Ignoring stationary objects is part of the system design for every ACC, not only the PS one.

Stationary objects are handled by the emergency brake assistent.
I thought that too till I researched more about the current research on the different systems. And Unfortunately that’s not true. Patent WO2014182765A1 by Bosch should be the reason. And if they don’t pay for it (most likely veoneer) then they cannot use it. But the fact that it works half of the time makes me wonder if they are actually preparing something (slowly merging development branches).
It’s due time for a new Pilot Assist (4) Version anyway (some Volvos already have map based curve acceleration via software update (and that’s 3 plus the unlocked feature) and a V60 that I used last year for a few days had far better Lane Keeping (should be same Veoneer cam). I’m wondering what polestars plan is anyway. This far it does not feel like they are actually trying to push the boundaries and be ahead of Volvo (or some OEMs).

41 - 60 of 114 Posts