Polestar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Administrator
2,702 Posts
I thought that too till I researched more about the current research on the different systems. And Unfortunately that’s not true. Patent WO2014182765A1 by Bosch should be the reason. And if they don’t pay for it (most likely veoneer) then they cannot use it. But the fact that it works half of the time makes me wonder if they are actually preparing something (slowly merging development branches).
It’s due time for a new Pilot Assist (4) Version anyway (some Volvos already have map based curve acceleration via software update (and that’s 3 plus the unlocked feature) and a V60 that I used last year for a few days had far better Lane Keeping (should be same Veoneer cam). I’m wondering what polestars plan is anyway. This far it does not feel like they are actually trying to push the boundaries and be ahead of Volvo (or some OEMs).
A patent is not a marketable system. All the ACC systems I know do not detect stationary objects, but I would be keen to learn about exisitng systems which do.

Map based speed adjustments are a total different topic. It was interesting to drive through a round-about without tocuhing gas or brake with the Audi-system, but I never really used the system as it was way too conservative :cool:

I gave up on hoping for PS to be innovative some time ago. Especially now, as they seem to be in stabilization mode, I do not expect any real innovations - at least not in the PS2.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is very worrying that Polestar 3 times in a row have released software with bugs. This is really really bad. I get it that a Volvo accounts isn’t a big deal but it’s still a bug. Think I’ll pass on the p2.5 for now and stick with my p2.3. Damn I’m disappointed ☹

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I'm on 2.2.3 (I think :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️) and everything is very good and stable. Seeing the early reports from 2.5 and considering those are just a few who had it from a workshop I'll wait a little again until they pull it again...LOL I love driving our car but I've never come across a company that is a bad at software as polestar is...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Oh well... You can't enable Data Sharing or set up a new car without a VOLVO account :rolleyes:
View attachment 19869
View attachment 19870
I just picked up my brand new car yesterday, which has 2.5 installed. I have this same problem. The rep at the space walked me through the normal infotainment setup routine and when we got to this to enable certain features in the Polestar Privacy Settings menu we just had to give up due to this bug. Luckily, I had already seen this thread and so I was not surprised by this, but I could see some new customers being really annoyed the car they just bought has a dumb bug like this. Anyway, the space rep tried to call Polestar support while we were sitting in the car but was on hold for awhile and we gave up (he actually called me back a little later after I left and told me he was on hold for 1.5 hours). He is going to call them back again today though. He claims another customer he worked with had this problem but Polestar support was able to fix the issue within 48 hours. We will see.

·
Registered
2021 P*2 Thunder/Slate 19"
231 Posts
And they are still relying on their customers to use Facebook.... (n) They have my email. Why not use that?
It's really terrible customer outreach. I've had my car for 18 months and have never received an email or app notification / communication. I do not use Facebook (or now Twitter) so the only place I get any word from the company is through this third party resource.

Like you write, they have my email. They should use it.

(I imagine they don't want to upset people who don't have issues by reporting on issues).

·
Registered
947 Posts
Edit: Informed privately by Admin that FB post was already shared. Leaving my reaction.

Re: the connected safety pullback, this should put to rest the notion that they have any kind of robust software QA going on or that the software issues are just the result of (shrug) agile development. This is 101 stuff they’re missing, and they need to bring in managers who can clean it up like yesterday.

·
Registered
520 Posts
It’s clear (to me) that they are not writing the software themselves and are only involved late in the test cycle. This is both a recipe for crappy software and explains why it takes so long to get changes out.

They need to develop their own in-house software expertise if they ever have a hope of being big. It was a mistake to not start this when then had few cars so that they could build a team over time. As they grow building a team that can handle large scale it the start become much more difficult. This was a poor management decision from the start. It you want to build a good product you need direct control and accountability over both the hardware and software. The way they are set up is to internally point figures to others as excuses rather than focusing quickly on fixing problems.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I dropped of mine for the 2 year service, and to my surprise it came back with the same version it had before, P2.2.

Went back to ask why this wasn't updated as mine suffers the remote not working issue that P2.5 allegedly fixes and after several attempts and calls to the powers that be they were equally confused as why no later software was available for mine, as P2.5 was released yesterday (21st Nov).

They're waiting to hear back from the mothership and I'll get a call back when they do, but they suggested one possibility is that P2.5 was pulled just like P2.3 was. No idea why it won't offer P2.4 either though.

Update: Got a call today (two days later) and was told that they have been told that 2.5 is now available again and they just installed it on another car a few minutes ago and I could either wait to get it OTA or book time to have it installed at Volvo.
Same experience. I had my first maintenance visit on the 22nd and it came back with 2.3 still installed.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts