Polestar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Hmm.... am on P2.4 received via OTA before it was disabled for OTA. P2.5 was shop-only. Now P2.6 is shop-only? I'm now 2 versions back and presume I'll need to go to the shop soon to get caught up? Wonder why all the "shop-only" updates... too many issues found with doing OTA's?
2.4 was/is an OTA, and wasn't disabled.
It was the case for 2.3.

· Registered
2,311 Posts
I work with a lot of people in Australia and I'm learning that January is pretty much a dead month for work. Christmas/New Year + kids summer vacation + Australia Day (like US 4th of July) means it's the ideal time to schedule PTO and enjoy friends, family, and great beach weather. Sounds pretty awesome to me!

When I used to fly to Brazil every month (for about a year and a half) it was always disconcerting to flip the seasons during a 10 hour flight and see Christmas decorations up while everyone is in shorts, t-shirts, and flip-flops. Was fun, but I can't tell you the toll it took on my health. I think at least 40% of my trips ended up with a nasty cold or flu on either end after the accelerated season changes.

Anyway, back on topic - I'll probably get back in the habit of taking OTA's as soon as they're pushed. I haven't had a software issue to speak of in months and the PAK even works reliably. Hopefully they don't break anything...regressions are particularly unwelcome!

· Registered
440 Posts
It's official. Available in workshops only :rolleyes:
View attachment 21569
I think we will se more of controlled rollout of workshop only releases and separate OTA-releases which includes complete, or parts of, previous workshop releases. No matter how much testing you do, it's in live production environments your product are finally tested. This can be a way of lowering the risk of OTA rollouts going wrong.

· Registered
2️⃣ ⬛🔋🔋👨‍✈️➕🐄
309 Posts
I fail to see the point in supporting Over The Air updates when they primarily rely on having the cars in the workshop to be updated.
I don’t see it as a primary reliance on workshop updates in lieu of OTA. I’d wager that the majority of owners (not forum weirdos like myself) will not see a workshop more often than annually. Thus, most of the software onboard the worldwide Ps fleet will still likely be acquired via OTA.

To my dinosaur brain, running the latest and greatest through workshop first, with OTA trailing by one release version is both sensible and an efficient use of OTA. 2.4 was workshop only, then 2.5 was released to workshops and 2.4 was pushed OTA.

· Registered
523 Posts
If it's OTA, it's probably not 2.6.
Whatever it was it was not 2.6, the car still has 2.4 installed.

I assume it’s the performance update but I can’t see any indication that it was installed (the perf app looks the same and I tried rebooting and installing/uninstalling the app.) The iPhone app doesn’t indicate that the car has the performance update either.

· Registered
217 Posts
I'm just hoping ACC applies brakes more smoothly when another vehicle enters your path/set range. I understand it's trying to maintain a set distance, but I find it abrupt compared to other systems I've used.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts