Polestar Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
I finally saw a heads up for an OTA software upgrade tonight - my first.. I was so excited thinking the performance upgrade had finally arrived after 2 weeks.. 15 min later it was done, NOPE, it's 2.6. Dammit, you bast$%$#%$S ;-) I don't care about 2.6 I wanted my 80 extra horses ;-) Well all i can say is it' s a quick one, it is OTA, and it worked well from 2.5 -> 2.6

At least now I know OTA isn't broken!

· Registered
1,238 Posts
Disappointing news for those looking for the ACC improvements. Just heard from CS that the changes in 2.6 are relative to following traffic at low speeds. No improvement with the key ACC functionality of keeping vehicle speed. Also in 2.6 that functionality is not working as it should.

· Registered
Magnesium Polestar 2 SMSR Pilot Lite & Plus
7 Posts
Disappointing news for those looking for the ACC improvements. Just heard from CS that the changes in 2.6 are relative to following traffic at low speeds. No improvement with the key ACC functionality of keeping vehicle speed. Also in 2.6 that functionality is not working as it should.
Damn, so we should stay away from 2.6? Did he tell you what exactly isn't working as it should?

· Registered
1,238 Posts
Damn, so we should stay away from 2.6? Did he tell you what exactly isn't working as it should?
Do not misunderstand. There is no indication of a problem with 2.6. It just does not solve an issue with ACC that was introduced with version 2.2 (or was it 2.1). The ACC does not control the speed on an up or down grade as well as it used to. For me this is a deal breaker, would not pay for such poor functionality, would not have bought the car. ACC is no longer driver support, it is a nuisance that needs constant intervention. But not even sure anymore Polestar sees it as an issue. I would pay for s/w 2.2 and the blocking of future OTAs.

Reactions: Mooch

· Registered
45 Posts
Do not misunderstand. There is no indication of a problem with 2.6. It just does not solve an issue with ACC that was introduced with version 2.2 (or was it 2.1). The ACC does not control the speed on an up or down grade as well as it used to. For me this is a deal breaker, would not pay for such poor functionality, would not have bought the car. ACC is no longer driver support, it is a nuisance that needs constant intervention. But not even sure anymore Polestar sees it as an issue. I would pay for s/w 2.2 and the blocking of future OTAs.
I just returned from the phoenix volvo dealer. aside from the kick to open the trunk which they installed they updated my software to 2.6 from 2.4. I drove 130 miles to my home. on mostly freeway. used the ACC and lane keeper all the way back, worked perfect all the way home. I thought it did a very good job of keeping the car centered between the lines. Every thing else worked well.

· Registered
9 Posts
Hmm.... am on P2.4 received via OTA before it was disabled for OTA. P2.5 was shop-only. Now P2.6 is shop-only? I'm now 2 versions back and presume I'll need to go to the shop soon to get caught up? Wonder why all the "shop-only" updates... too many issues found with doing OTA's?
I wonder if they will do a sneak fix of other hardware at the same time. Maybe replacing the LTE/4G module etc.

· Registered
2022 Polestar 2, Snow, Pilot
459 Posts
I believe @JRRF meant it. P*2’s Pilot Assist has always loved hugging the sides of lanes instead of staying well-centered. If they improved the centering that is new and good news.
For that reason I only use Pilot Assist on long, straight stretches at night. Would be nice if it was functional enough to use on normal drives, but as you and JRRF say, it hugs the lane sides and then other drivers give me the WTF look.

· Registered
Magnesium Polestar 2 SMSR Pilot Lite & Plus
7 Posts
For that reason I only use Pilot Assist on long, straight stretches at night. Would be nice if it was functional enough to use on normal drives, but as you and JRRF say, it hugs the lane sides and then other drivers give me the WTF look.
That's weird. Mine doesn't do that at all. It stays exactly in the middle

· Registered
California
1,942 Posts
That's weird. Mine doesn't do that at all. It stays exactly in the middle
In a number of threads on the forum it has seemed to be more noticed as an issue in the US. Some speculate it’s our typically-wider lanes.

I use it 3 days a week when I commute. The off-center-ness isn’t a dealbreaker for me. I just pretty regularly have to exert more force on the steering wheel than I’d like to keep it closer to center. Mine typically hugs the left side, which is particularly silly when I’m in the right-most lane.

· Registered
8 Posts
it hugs the lane sides.
I hired a P2 from Hertz and had the same issue when using Pilot assist, when it was going around bends on the south eastern freeway here in South Australia (and these were just very moderate bends). It would drive on the right line. Clunk-clunk-clunk as the tyres would drive over the road reflectors.

· Registered
10,814 Posts
I hired a P2 from Hertz and had the same issue when using Pilot assist, when it was going around bends on the south eastern freeway here in South Australia (and these were just very moderate bends). It would drive on the right line. Clunk-clunk-clunk as the tyres would drive over the road reflectors.
There are plenty of highway curves here that the PA simply can't navigate by itself.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts