Polestar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

P2.7 released OTA

119K views 1K replies 200 participants last post by  sarcastyx 
#1 ·
Someone on Facebook took their car in for servicing and came out with P2.7.

Communication Device Font Portable communications device Gadget Mobile device

See less See more
#20 ·
Had mine in today to upgrade from 2.2. I am now on 2.7.

I may be imagining it, but 2 things I have noticed are with Pilot Assist. Firstly, when coming to a stop in traffic jams, it seems to hang back a little to allow it to creep forward slowly (to minimise stopping fully perhaps) and the lane assist seems much more solid and feels like it stays in the same position in the lane rather than moving too lar to the left (in the uk).

I haven't seen any Release Notes yet.

#21 ·
Had mine in today to update from 2.3 (which apparently cannot be updated OTA) because it is giving me constant problems ignoring the charge limit. Got it back without the update, and I can't connect to the car with the app anymore.

"Update did not work"

Next possible appointment in two weeks.

My expectations of a car and it's support do not align with the Polestar brand. Compete with Porsche, yeh right, try Dacia and take it from there maybe.

Reactions: EdB
#22 ·
I'd been told, I think by Polestar, that if the vehicle is more than 2 software versions behind the latest update released OTA, it will not update OTA. You must take it to a workshop.

I'm currently on 2.4. If they refuse to release 2.5 or 2.6 as OTA, it means I will need to find a workshop to update me to 2.7.

With some of what Polestar have done lately, I do not see them as the premium brand I was expecting. I do have regrets on buying the car, down to the many let downs from Polestar, but it's gonna be hard to change as I'm tied into PCP finance.

#57 ·
As part of the solution for the second recall back in 2020, Polestar was required to enable OTA updates for all cars: “As part of the actions required by the recall and service campaign, all vehicles will also be upgraded to be compatible with forthcoming Over-The-Air (OTA) updates,” the company said. “This will allow Polestar to push new software directly to Polestar 2 vehicles when OTA updates are available.”

That being said, they don't have to issue every update OTA. 2.7 will be OTA, it appears.

#63 ·
To be taken with the usual grain of salt:
Had the kick sensor installed today (Yeah!) and asked if they could update the software.
The advisor said that they have been having a lot of failures of late with this one. Advisor said that when that happens it can take another 2-3 hours to get it corrected. As we were waiting there for the kick sensor it did not seems worth the potential extra wait. (This serve center is slammed. Even with an appointment it took almost 2 hours and there were 3 P2's that pulled right before me, only one technician)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.