Polestar Forum banner

P2.9

20393 Views 186 Replies 59 Participants Last post by  julianm
Good news everyone!

Software Updates 2.9

You can now switch between Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control with the left buttons on the steering wheel. More information on Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control is available in the Owner's Manual after installation.
New features in Apple CarPlay:
Apple Maps is now available in the center display.
"Play/Pause" and "Forward/Back" buttons are available in the Apple CarPlay panel.
The "Now Playing" information is available in the Apple CarPlay panel.
Call information is available in the Apple CarPlay panel, the Driver Display and the HUD (Head-up Display). Phone calls can be managed with the buttons on the steering wheel.
Added an option under Control Settings to fold the door mirrors when locking the vehicle. Your choice will be linked to the currently used profile.
Increased the stability of the infotainment system.
The user profile now correctly switches to the currently used key.
The radio channel is not changed when starting a new drive cycle.
Transmission optimization adjustments.

Most likely these changes will come to Polestar also.
  • Helpful
Reactions: 5
121 - 140 of 187 Posts
View attachment 23966
Theoretical or realistic would describe it better...
Impossible or Improbable are the most likely scenarios.
Yes, you almost have to read both the Polestar & Volvo release notes to get across what's new!

For example, all the Volvo V2.8 notes say;

While the P2.8 notes said

Unsurprisingly V2.8 had the same charging time ETA fix, despite Volvo not mentioning it.
Volvo software is also for ICE cars, I think that’s what “drivetrain optimisation” is referring to?
Never said it was a bug, just that since the update to 2.8 it started happening and I wondered if it was a known thing. All previous os versions never blanked my driver display

though as you said 2.9 fixes it anyway..👍
All prior versions (mine at 2.4 with CarPlay) turned off the google driver map (even with no guidance) if CarPlay Apple Maps guidance was on.

I’m hoping if I’m running Apple Maps guidance and switch to say, the AAOS radio app, or another CarPlay app, the Apple Maps guidance on the driver display doesn’t turn off.
Does anyone know how many cars support dual screen CarPlay? I tried googling, but can’t find the right terms, I keep getting results about the new multi screen announced last year.

I don’t think there’s very many.
Does anyone know how many cars support dual screen CarPlay? I tried googling, but can’t find the right terms, I keep getting results about the new multi screen announced last year.

I don’t think there’s very many.
BMW is the only other one that comes to mind -
Volvo software is also for ICE cars, I think that’s what “drivetrain optimisation” is referring to?
well polestar very much got drivetrain updates on both 2.7 and 2.8, but still claiming they changed nothing, but that is just because the only people we communicate with are costumerservice that only reads the release notes and… ”computer says nooo”

but right now it seems like volvo and polestar work on the same firmware upgrade, and its a file on a cloud,and polestar changes it and volvo changes it and then they wonder why things they didnt change got changed!

I just solved the whole thing! 👍😃
@Eyeballs & @b3au – my Ford MME/GT had “arrows” that showed the directions on the driver cluster, but not map sharing/mirroring the way BMW does (per your video link 2 posts above) and the way the Volvo/Polestar does/will after v2.9 — so yeah to my knowledge I agree I think at the moment it is just BMW/Volvo/Polestar. Other cars do seem to share arrows/details across, but that seems to be “data sharing” no “screen sharing/mirroring” —
Reactions: 1
Nw
@Eyeballs & @b3au – my Ford MME/GT had “arrows” that showed the directions on the driver cluster, but not map sharing/mirroring the way BMW does (per your video link 2 posts above) and the way the Volvo/Polestar does/will after v2.9 — so yeah to my knowledge I agree I think at the moment it is just BMW/Volvo/Polestar. Other cars do seem to share arrows/details across, but that seems to be “data sharing” no “screen sharing/mirroring” —
Mercedes does the 'arrow' thing as well, at least on MBUX vehicles. Both on the driver display and the HUD.
Got my P2.9 a few minutes ago. Confirmed that the CarPlay tile has transport controls and song info. Confirmed that there is now a "YouTube" icon that came with the update (and not from the Play Store), and that it opens in a skinned Vivaldi browser. I don't know if it was fixed in P2.9, but I previously had issues with YouTube Music not auto-resuming and it seems to be working better now. Once thing I couldn't get working quickly was the Apple Maps projection in the Dash display.... I got a black screen when I started Apple Maps from CP. The new "History" view in the Range Assistant app is nice. More investigation to check everything out. So far, a nice update.
  • Love
  • Helpful
  • Love
1 st one! How does it drive? Steering and pedals. What steering settings do you use and what firmware did you have before updating?
and was it ota?
1 st one! How does it drive? Steering and pedals. What steeringsettings do tou use and what firmware did you have before updating?
and was it ota?
I did local and highway driving and didn't notice any changes. My DMLR LE without PP but with the PSU was upgraded from P2.7. I typically drive in OPD with "standard" one pedal settings and the firm steering setting. Overall, still fun to drive with no noticeable changes to those aspects. BTW, I used Pilot Assist on the highway home and it worked the same as P2.7 which is well enough for me to rely on it most of the time. We have "Express Lanes" on our highways that have poles separating them from the peon lanes and PA sometimes gets a tad close to the poles, but I still 100% rely on ACC and many times also PA. Almost forgot to answer the last question - it was a shop install to fix my external sound system failure (they replaced that module).
I did local and highway driving and didn't notice any changes. My DMLR LE without PP but with the PSU was upgraded from P2.7. I typically drive in OPD with "standard" one pedal settings and the firm steering setting. Overall, still fun to drive with no noticeable changes to those aspects. BTW, I used Pilot Assist on the highway home and it worked the same as P2.7 which is well enough for me to rely on it most of the time. We have "Express Lanes" on our highways that have poles separating them from the peon lanes and PA sometimes gets a tad close to the poles, but I still 100% rely on ACC and many times also PA. Almost forgot to answer the last question - it was a shop install to fix my external sound system failure (they replaced that module).
since you have DM and PU I dont know if the pedal has changed, but the steering is clearly different with 2.8, both better and worse depending of how you look at it.
but cant really discribe the difference, but its much less ”messy” then 2.7 and clear more flowing through fast highway corners, and standard steering with LKA on is without doubt the best setting on 2.8.
I also just got mine back from a service and they updated to 2.9, guess I got beat on being first to post the screenshots!

Anyway, the range assistant app is updated most significantly, and is much improved. The real-time consumption algorithm is way faster, who knows if it's more accurate or not but it's definitely much more "real-time." I only drove it for ~15 mins in the city so can't say much about any other driving feel changes, but tomorrow morning will have a longer drive.

Google Maps seemed snappier in a very quick use, but too limited to say for sure. Could just be the update clearing out all the caches.
Reactions: 3
Just got my 2.9 OTA - I live 1500 km from the nearest polestar dealership so no shop installs for me. I think I got it OTA because I just ordered the performance upgrade last week? I was wondering if it would come bundled with 2.8 or 2.9. So far I see the YouTube app and the changes to the range assistant, allowing me to switch to ‘projected’ mode for range estimates. Haven’t tried driving it yet so no clue if I got the performance upgrade - the performance app doesn’t show a launch tab yet and my app or polestar account don’t register an upgrade yet.
Reactions: 2
Got my P2.9 a few minutes ago. Confirmed that the CarPlay tile has transport controls and song info. Confirmed that there is now a "YouTube" icon that came with the update (and not from the Play Store), and that it opens in a skinned Vivaldi browser. I don't know if it was fixed in P2.9, but I previously had issues with YouTube Music not auto-resuming and it seems to be working better now. Once thing I couldn't get working quickly was the Apple Maps projection in the Dash display.... I got a black screen when I started Apple Maps from CP. The new "History" view in the Range Assistant app is nice. More investigation to check everything out. So far, a nice update.
I assumed your phone was plugged in. I’m positive it won’t work via a Wi-Fi dongle because to the features the dongle advertises to the phone. The same is true with Apple map direction arrow on my driver display in my Subaru, works wired but not with a wireless dongle.
Reactions: 3
I assumed your phone was plugged in. I’m positive it won’t work via a Wi-Fi dongle because to the features the dongle advertises to the phone. The same is true with Apple map direction arrow on my driver display in my Subaru, works wired but not with a wireless dongle.
That would explain it! I'll try again in a bit with the wire instead of my Ottocast CP dongle and am sure it'll work ;-).
Confirmed that Apple Maps from CarPlay projects onto the Dash display when the phone is doing wired CarPlay. Good catch, @Knucklehead !
  • Helpful
I'm still on 2.4 over here damn
Confirmed that Apple Maps from CarPlay projects onto the Dash display when the phone is doing wired CarPlay. Good catch, @Knucklehead !
I use a wireless adapter for CarPlay which is always plugged in - if you have Google Maps open, does it toggle back to that in the cluster? Or is it always CarPlay if the phone is connected to the wire irrespective of whether you are on Google Maps in the display?
121 - 140 of 187 Posts