• Original

Votes: 117 79.6%
  • Facelift

Votes: 30 20.4%
41 - 60 of 103 Posts

· Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Two Motor
275 Posts
Edit: y'all holding tight to your ICE grille fetishes are weird AF. The new Polestars look just as sexy to me as my current ones.
Its not a grill thing, its a style thing. the flat "grill" looks like an after thought, and much less aggressive than the black grill. There is a frame for the grill, but only a flat panel; It just seems featureless to me. Which is what I don't like about the Tesla 3. but it is all connected, because the Black version of the car, with the black front panel, looks good to me:
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Tire

I mean, that just looks bad-ass. I do like the new wheels:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
718 Posts
Its not a grill thing, its a style thing. the flat "grill" looks like an after thought, and much less aggressive than the black grill. There is a frame for the grill, but only a flat panel; It just seems featureless to me. Which is what I don't like about the Tesla 3. but it is all connected, because the Black version of the car, with the black front panel, looks good to me:
View attachment 21605
View attachment 21606
I still don't like the new grille in black. Very boring and non-creative/distinct compared to the original. I like Volvo's new EV design language better, even though they are more similar now.

· Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Two Motor
275 Posts
Cosmetically the changes are incredibly minor, less than most automakers mid cycle refreshes

I think both look good

The mechanical upgrades are the exciting part ( for those who leased or are waiting)
yeah, I leased (and no, I am not in debt..) thinking that the PS5 would be available when the lease was up. Not holding my breath anymore, though.

· Registered
'23 P2 LRDM, Pilot+Plus
41 Posts
Not a fan of the new grill. I do like the Volvo implementation on the XC40 and C40 ironically, but on the P2 front it just looks a little off. It might just be that the original design was just so beautiful that changing it feels wrong. They really nailed the initial design on this car. The old grill also looked less EV like, which helped maintain the anonymous factor of the Polestar that makes people go “what is that car?”, which I love about my car. The new motor and battery updates are pretty interesting though. I’d feel some regret about my MY23 but apparently we’re not getting the battery updates in Canada anyways. That leaves the increased power, but I’m planning on getting the performance upgrade soon which should cover that. Increased range would be nice but realistically for my day to day use it’s not an issue and not something I would make use of often. Everything changes eventually, in the grand scheme of things everything is temporary.

· Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
718 Posts
Not a fan of the new grill. I do like the Volvo implementation on the XC40 and C40 ironically, but on the P2 front it just looks a little off. It might just be that the original design was just so beautiful that changing it feels wrong. They really nailed the initial design on this car. The old grill also looked less EV like, which helped maintain the anonymous factor of the Polestar that makes people go “what is that car?”, which I love about my car. The new motor and battery updates are pretty interesting though. I’d feel some regret about my MY23 but apparently we’re not getting the battery updates in Canada anyways. That leaves the increased power, but I’m planning on getting the performance upgrade soon which should cover that. Increased range would be nice but realistically for my day to day use it’s not an issue and not something I would make use of often. Everything changes eventually, in the grand scheme of things everything is temporary.
It's probably because the new design just feels like they changed out the grille insert for a solid plastic piece and didn't take into consideration the rest of the grille design. Really uninspiring change.

· Registered
4,724 Posts
View attachment 21605
View attachment 21606
I think I'd have to see it in person. But I think the radar/camera module, plus the groove around the panel gives enough definition to it so it's not Voldemort-facelessness.

I do agree the original grille made for a more aggro look. I'm curious if the new grille could be optioned in black if that would work, like for the Performance spec (a la how Performance gets blacked out panel by the antenna fin)?

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Car Automotive lighting

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

· Registered
414 Posts
Nope. The current cars have motors of equal output front and rear. They've managed some trickery, but it's mostly 50/50 power distribution. The MY24 has a bigger rear motor that will be the primary power source most of the time, with the front kicking in when needed.
This is half true. MY21-23 indeed has a max output of 50:50 but it does have a slight rear bias via brake-based torque vectoring to send power to the outside wheel. This is very evident when taking the car to track with ESC (Sports mode) off.

I am unsure if the performance upgrade made any change or if this was updated somewhere along. Polestar never shares updates like this despite being big on "performance".

· Registered
414 Posts
I think the grill looks ok for the darker colours but is quite an eye sore for the lighter colours. The Smartzone grill/nose on Polestar 2 is intrusive, unlike the Polestar 3 where it is discreet.

Overall, it feels like an afterthought and follows very much the Volvo design language. Again this is the last car after Polestar 1 that was designed to be Volov first (ICE) and was an XC40 sibling.

Also, no one's gonna talk about this dimple?

Automotive tail & brake light Grille Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

Reactions: TJB and Jfd4000

· Registered
29 Posts
This is half true. MY21-23 indeed has a max output of 50:50 but it does have a slight rear bias via brake-based torque vectoring to send power to the outside wheel. This is very evident when taking the car to track with ESC (Sports mode) off.

I am unsure if the performance upgrade made any change or if this was updated somewhere along. Polestar never shares updates like this despite being big on "performance".
I think most or all of the extra power is adressed to rear motor. Done some spirited driving with my MY23 performance and it pushes from rear nicely. Very fun car on slippery roads.

· Registered
2,021 Posts
Polestar started really well with the 1, and the 2. Sure, there was reuse from the Volvo parts bin, but it had a distinct visual identity. With the 3 and now the 2 facelift that is going. It is just like another Volvo, and I must admit this design is not doing it for me at all. I've got a feeling our 2 was the first and the last, I really like our MY22 fully loaded 2, and loved the 1, 2 and O2 concept but not where they are heading.

· Registered
120 Posts
Took me a while to figure it out, but I think the Volvo interpretation of the 'flat' grill looks slightly better for me because there is a bloody big badge in the middle to break it up a little!

· Registered
4 Posts
This is the same as my thoughts on the facelift. I will only be slightly envious of the motor updates but plan on getting the performance upgrade soon so most of that envious feeling will be eased.

Overall I definitely prefer the MY23 looks….I think 😃

· Registered
268 Posts
Polestar started really well with the 1, and the 2. Sure, there was reuse from the Volvo parts bin, but it had a distinct visual identity. With the 3 and now the 2 facelift that is going. It is just like another Volvo, and I must admit this design is not doing it for me at all. I've got a feeling our 2 was the first and the last, I really like our MY22 fully loaded 2, and loved the 1, 2 and O2 concept but not where they are heading.
I tend to agree. I always found the front end the most challenging angle of the 2, it doesn't quite match up to the muscularity of the rest of the car, looking quite gawky at times. This update just further emphasises that for me. Dare I say it, but I think it would have put me off purchasing the car in the first place.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts