Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short version: since the next update is coming soon, they're stopping rollout next week. Some cars will be called in to manually get it, others will have to wait for the next OTA.

Hi everyone!
We want to give you some updated information on P2116.5.

For cars now awaiting P2116.5
As stated earlier, there is an issue that caused us to pause the roll-out and we found that some cars will not be able to receive the P2116.5 software via OTA. For this update, these cars have been divided into two categories:

- Manual update
Some will be in need of a workshop visit to get the latest software manually. We'll be reaching out directly to the affected customers to assist them with a workshop booking. In order to maximize efficiency, due to the next software update being released later this month, these manual updates will take place in late June and onwards. This is to avoid a potentially inconvenient 'double update'.

- Combined OTA update
The second group of cars does not require this manual update and will instead receive a combined OTA update package when the next update is released. You can expect this combined update around late June/early July.

The stop of P2116.5 roll-out
The current update deployments are planned to stop on Monday 14 June as we prepare to release the next update – after this point no further P2116.5 software packages will be released, and any pending software download or installation requests will be withdrawn from cars that have not yet had it installed (with a notification to inform you about this).

If you have not received an update, one reason could be that you have missed the notification about the software being ready to download. To be sure, swipe down from the top of your centre screen and check that you do not have a pending download notification. [\quote]

Reactions: sandervd

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi everyone!
We want to give you some updated information on P2116.5.

For cars now awaiting P2116.5
As stated earlier, there is an issue that caused us to pause the roll-out and we found that some cars will not be able to receive the P2116.5 software via OTA. For this update, these cars have been divided into two categories:

- Manual update
Some will be in need of a workshop visit to get the latest software manually. We'll be reaching out directly to the affected customers to assist them with a workshop booking. In order to maximize efficiency, due to the next software update being released later this month, these manual updates will take place in late June and onwards. This is to avoid a potentially inconvenient 'double update'.

- Combined OTA update
The second group of cars does not require this manual update and will instead receive a combined OTA update package when the next update is released. You can expect this combined update around late June/early July.

The stop of P2116.5 roll-out
The current update deployments are planned to stop on Monday 14 June as we prepare to release the next update – after this point no further P2116.5 software packages will be released, and any pending software download or installation requests will be withdrawn from cars that have not yet had it installed (with a notification to inform you about this).

If you have not received an update, one reason could be that you have missed the notification about the software being ready to download. To be sure, swipe down from the top of your centre screen and check that you do not have a pending download notification.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Interesting. Thanks for updating us. I have a strong case of Facebook-allergy, so I would never have known.

·
Registered
178 Posts
And they still keep using the ridiculous phrase 'reaching out' even though I've taken the mickey multiple times. I think they must have muted me ;)
I think of it as someone who has very long arms "reaching out" but not quite getting hold of whatever it is. It is a ridiculous phrase much like "IT solution" to a problem you don't have. Why they don't say we will contact you instead? I better stop typing on my "IT solution" and use my other "IT solution" to navigate through the forum pages. :)

·
Registered
2021 P*2 Thunder/Slate 19"
16 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hmm, so I'm booked into the workshop to have this update on... the 15th June.

I wonder whether I'll be called up on Monday to rebook

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
730 Posts
Hmm, so I'm booked into the workshop to have this update on... the 15th June.

I wonder whether I'll be called up on Monday to rebook
They shouldn't need to reschedule, it appears they're pausing OTA but you'd still be able to get the latest firmware flashed at a dealer.

You might want to reschedule towards the end of the month if it's not urgent and you'd rather have the next one though.

Mine started making the noise others had when steering wheel is at full lock (or the weather is sufficiently better now for me to drive with the windows open to notice...) so will book it in to have it lubed up once I know the new version is out to get that done at the same visit.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Also refuse to be on / use Facebook. Terrible that that's how they convey info to owners.
To be fair. I think they are well aware that their non-Facebook enthusiasts are going to find out just as fast as their Facebook-using enthusiasts, exactly as has happened on this forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Short version: since the next update is coming soon, they're stopping rollout next week. Some cars will be called in to manually get it, others will have to wait for the next OTA.
What Facebook Group is this? Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 P*2 Thunder/Slate 19"
16 Posts
To be fair. I think they are well aware that their non-Facebook enthusiasts are going to find out just as fast as their Facebook-using enthusiasts, exactly as has happened on this forum.
Do they also email owners, or is FB the only official information source?

TBF, an owner should not have to search for information on their own.

(Does the forum allow deletions? Moderators, please delete incorrect replies above. Thanks!)

·
Registered
706 Posts
They only recently started with providing some info in advance on Facebook (starting with announcing the latest OTA) they did follow up with emails to all.

I assume in this instance, only effected owners will be contacted. There is no real information in this announcement for everyone else other than for general curiosity.

Reactions: Joel S.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts