Polestar Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Unless the new update offers something I really want or need, and as I still don't have the current update (which doesn't give me anything I want/need), I think I'll just leave it until there is an update with something I really want comes along. My Car has been almost faultless since min-Nov 2020 so why would I want to mess with it?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Battery pre-heating has been really useful for me but YMMV (literally!).
I'm glade there is something there for some people. However we are not in winter in the UK now and I don't do many drivers over 100miles (return) so I never need to charge to 100% and max the range out it.

If I've not updated by October this year I'll take it to dealership and let them deal with for a day. Apart from the very rare occasion of losing 4G/LTE for a a few hours or a drive ... and once all the screens reset while driving, my car has worked flawlessly and I don't want to risk issues for this summer where I'll be driving it all over the UK for 3 weeks. I'd hate to have loss of data when I need it or something worse.

If the update gives you something you do want, then go for it .... but my trust in Polestar getting these updates rights and stable is shattered.

Reactions: pbrady999

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'm glade there is something there for some people. However we are not in winter in the UK now and I don't do many drivers over 100miles (return) so I never need to charge to 100% and max the range out it.
I have made good use of preconditioning due to summer conditions. On my road trip last week I had to park a few times in direct sunlight on a very warm day. I was able to activate pre-conditioning from the app and get the internal temperature down..... Granted only down to 22, but it's still a great help

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I have made good use of preconditioning due to summer conditions. On my road trip last week I had to park a few times in direct sunlight on a very warm day. I was able to activate pre-conditioning from the app and get the internal temperature down..... Granted only down to 22, but it's still a great help
I just drop the windows for when I return to the car, then drive fast for a few min's. ;)

Yes the wife moans about her hair ... but then I can't normally her over the wind noise! :LOL:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts