Polestar Forum banner

301 - 320 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Color: Avery Dennison Gloss Dark Green Pearl. Polestar, take note: customers want more than black, white, and shades of warm and cool gray :) ...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Color: Avery Dennison Gloss Dark Green Pearl. Polestar, take note: customers want more than black, white, and shades of warm and cool gray :) ...
That looks amazing. I seriously considered just getting Void and wrapping it, but I do love Snow. :)

Reactions: KanedaKid

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Wowzah!

You'll have the only car like that on the planet!

Reactions: Amanda

·
Registered
393 Posts
I just got an in-progress picture from my detailer who's almost done with the color change wrap, and is starting the ceramic coating. All I can say is that it's exactly what I was hoping for. Sneak preview, real photos when I pick it up Tuesday morning:
Gorgeous - what color will you call it?

Edit: Sorry, saw you already replied with the color but I can't delete my post 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2021 2
1,742 Posts
I just got an in-progress picture from my detailer who's almost done with the color change wrap, and is starting the ceramic coating. All I can say is that it's exactly what I was hoping for. Sneak preview, real photos when I pick it up Tuesday morning:

View attachment 3768
😍

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
When I was much younger, my attractive, smart, blonde cousin had a green MG she used to drive around with the top down. (The car's... sheesh.)

She used to get marriage proposals at stop lights.

I hope you're ready for the same, Amanda.

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Registered
223 Posts
When I was much younger, my attractive, smart, blonde cousin had a green MG she used to drive around with the top down. (The car's... sheesh.)

She used to get marriage proposals at stop lights.

I hope you're ready for the same, Amanda.
Hah, you are very sweet :). It's been a long time since I was a sweet young thing, so I'm not too worried about that, but I do suspect it'll increase the number of "whoa, what is that?" reactions...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow - fantastic color; looks fabulous with the gold calipers and amber turn signals! I'll have to make sure my wife doesn't see this. We almost had our Snow wrapped with a Frost Blue.

·
Registered
2, Midnight, Barley, 19"
9 Posts
That price seems a bit cheap to me, and I'm suspicious of a dealer doing the work - does it include any prep work or just them applying the ceramic coat? On my midnight, it had lots of minor swirls and a few tiny scratches in the clear coat so getting a really good cleanup of the paint prior to the ceramic was a must. One coat from a really good detail shop with great paint prep should be around $1,200 and easily last 3 years so I'd check on how good your dealer does this work and maybe shop around.
The Cilajet for $795 doesn't include paint correction. Ceramic Pro of Burbank charges $1k for the Bronze package, but that doesn't include paint correction either. They only include paint correction with the Silver Package, which starts at $1800.

Does anyone have recommendations on a shop in the LA area?

·
Registered
393 Posts
The Cilajet for $795 doesn't include paint correction. Ceramic Pro of Burbank charges $1k for the Bronze package, but that doesn't include paint correction either. They only include paint correction with the Silver Package, which starts at $1800.

Nice, glad you did that additional diligence.

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
252 Posts

FWIW that’s pretty close to what I paid for Ceramic Pro Silver + prep here in SF ($1,700).

·
Registered
297 Posts

View attachment 3768
Wow - that's going to be one of kind !

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
It’s Tuesday morning in the UK. Awaiting your pictures- looks amazing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just picked it up, and it's exactly what I was aiming for. They also wrapped the silver bits on the front and back with gloss black, which looks great. With a 2-layer CeramicPro coating, it looks and feels like paint. For anyone in the area, the shop is Exotic Vehicle Wraps.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I just picked it up, and it's exactly what I was aiming for. They also wrapped the silver bits on the front and back with gloss black, which looks great. With a 2-layer CeramicPro coating, it looks and feels like paint. For anyone in the area, the shop is Exotic Vehicle Wraps.
WOW!

·
Registered
223 Posts
This is under overcast skies, so the color is a bit darker than my phone camera shows in these shots.

301 - 320 of 374 Posts