Polestar Forum banner

321 - 340 of 367 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
If that car doesn't get noticed, nothing will. Beautiful!

Reactions: Amanda

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,994 Posts
That looks amazing! This really goes to prove that they should have offered a better range of colours. This green and (even more) the Jaguar Racing Green one in the other thread are just stunning...

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is under overcast skies, so the color is a bit darker than my phone camera shows in these shots.
Absolutely stunning! Oh and if my wife ever sees this post I'm doomed!

On a side note, did you have PPF added over the color wrap?

·
Registered
223 Posts
On a side note, did you have PPF added over the color wrap?
It does not have PPF over the color wrap, but it does have 2 layers of CeramicPro's coating for PPF & Vinyl and a top coat. It's a nice hard surface.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
333 Posts
Its really good, shame Polestar only do greyscale.

FWIW the other car I was considering was an Audi S5 in District Green, but I think your wrap is even nicer!

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
333 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
It looked much nicer in real life than the photo but I didn’t buy it!

The Sonoma Green of the RS5 is much nicer and closer to that wrap btw:

It’s unfortunate Polestar doesn’t have any actual colour options in their line up.
Sonoma Green is a little closer; still slightly towards the yellow side rather than the blue side. I did look at a few other greens, but they were either too bright ("electric green", anyone?) or too yellow. I briefly debated a green/purple color shift film, but decided it would be a bit over the top.

Reactions: kkonstan

·
Registered
P2, Magnesium on Charcoal, performance pack
86 Posts
I actually like that olive green colour — I‘m typically not a fan of bright colours (or most colours in general).
I have seen a colour-shifting green/purple wrapped P2 on a FB mod group. It looks really cool but it‘s too flashy and gimmicky for me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Color-shift is a bit much, yes. Now that the sun is out, here's a picture that gives a better idea of the color.

·
Registered
P2, Magnesium on Charcoal, performance pack
86 Posts
...and it was trendy and overdone 10 years ago.
I cringed when I saw someone’s P2 with neon blue hover lights (another regrettable car trend from the past).

I actually like Volvo’s Pine Grey, which is a deep subdued olive green.
Amanda, you car looks great! I’m taking my car to get wrapped in two weeks, can’t wait!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have never contemplated shelling out for additional wrappings or coatings and have followed this thread in awe.
Until today. An exceedingly loud bang and damage courtesy of a stone thrown from the middle of the road by a speeding car. Any suggestions on the best remedial treatment? Hit both the top of the windscreen and the metalwork above it.

321 - 340 of 367 Posts