Polestar Forum banner

341 - 360 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,995 Posts
Ouch :( No amount of protective ceramic or probably even a wrap would protect against a whack like that :(. The windscreen's probably ok, but that's a respray job for the damaged roof section.

·
Registered
130 Posts
😭 😭 Do you have any local businesses who can do invisible paint repairs? The glass may be able to have an invisible repair which should cost you nothing from your insurer. (rgledhill beat me to it and replied whilst I was typing.)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Where is the "dislike" button when you need it!
The chips on the paint are deep - but the glass is more like a deep scuff. And bang smack in the centre of the car.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
PPF would probably have helped a bit, but that's not a location that is normally covered with PPF.

That's awful. Bother.

A professional needs to sand that down then build up the proper layers again. For it to look right, I'm betting that whole metal band will have to be resprayed as rgledhill stated.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have never contemplated shelling out for additional wrappings or coatings and have followed this thread in awe.
Until today. An exceedingly loud bang and damage courtesy of a stone thrown from the middle of the road by a speeding car. Any suggestions on the best remedial treatment? Hit both the top of the windscreen and the metalwork above it.
View attachment 3964
Ouch... that hurts my heart. As others have said, you'll probably need to take it to a body shop to respray that part of the roof. In the meantime you can use touch-up paint to hide the damage a bit (and probably cover the sheet metal). The Polestar colors are Volvo colors, I don't remember the names unfortunately, so you should be able to hit up a dealer to pick up a little container.

I've been debating asking the detailer to cover that part of the car... this might make me do it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
So sorry about this!!!!😥

FWIW I don’t know if PPF would have protected you from this and almost nobody puts it up there anyway.

Just bad luck.

·
Registered
P2, Magnesium on Charcoal, performance pack
86 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Help needed as I am not sure what I am getting with ceramic coating. My local detailer has the following on their website and I am trying to figure out which of the upgrades I need to get the car done inside and out plus wheels and glass - not looking for th e'ultimate' finish but want something good value all round
New cars : DESCRIPTION: £295
  • 12 stage decontamination stage
  • Wheel arches cleaned
  • Wheels cleaned using pH neutral wheel cleaner
  • Engine detailed
  • door shuts cleaned
  • pre wash stage (TFR and snow foam)
  • 2 buckets method wash
  • tar remover and iron fall out remover application
  • clay bar
  • vehicle dried
  • paint inspected
  • wheel face protected (Gtechniq c2) full wheel protection (upgrade optional )
  • single stage machine polish to remove light defects and enhance the gloss level
  • Interior and exterior glass cleaned , protected
  • Tyres cleaned and dressed
  • Exterior plastics treated
  • Stainless steel/chrome cleaned and polished

UPGRADES:
* Gtechniq Exo v4 top up from £110
*GTECHNIQ C1 + C2V3 from £120
  • Carbon collective oracle inorganic from £15
  • Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light from £18
  • Gtechniq crystal serum light +Exov4 form £245
*full Wheels protection £150
* plastic trim restoration from £50
*glass water repellent £50

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am no expert but I don't see anywhere that your car is actually being coated, rather it is only the wheels and glass and plastics? Maybe I am missing something.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Help needed as I am not sure what I am getting with ceramic coating. My local detailer has the following on their website and I am trying to figure out which of the upgrades I need to get the car done inside and out plus wheels and glass - not looking for th e'ultimate' finish but want something good value all round
New cars : DESCRIPTION: £295
  • 12 stage decontamination stage
  • Wheel arches cleaned
  • Wheels cleaned using pH neutral wheel cleaner
  • Engine detailed
  • door shuts cleaned
  • pre wash stage (TFR and snow foam)
  • 2 buckets method wash
  • tar remover and iron fall out remover application
  • clay bar
  • vehicle dried
  • paint inspected
  • wheel face protected (Gtechniq c2) full wheel protection (upgrade optional )
  • single stage machine polish to remove light defects and enhance the gloss level
  • Interior and exterior glass cleaned , protected
  • Tyres cleaned and dressed
  • Exterior plastics treated
  • Stainless steel/chrome cleaned and polished

UPGRADES:
* Gtechniq Exo v4 top up from £110
*GTECHNIQ C1 + C2V3 from £120
  • Carbon collective oracle inorganic from £15
  • Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light from £18
  • Gtechniq crystal serum light +Exov4 form £245
*full Wheels protection £150
* plastic trim restoration from £50
*glass water repellent £50
"From." Call them for a proper quote on the GTechniq C1 + C2V3.

·
Registered
79 Posts
"From." Call them for a proper quote on the GTechniq C1 + C2V3.
Thanks and Yes I plan to call them but was trying to educate myself before I did - are you saying the 295 package plus c1+c2v3 is the package to go for?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks and Yes I plan to call them but was trying to educate myself before I did - are you saying the 295 package plus c1+c2v3 is the package to go for?
Yup, it looks like C1 is the proper ceramic coating.

When you call, just tell them what you're looking for, if they aren't scumbags they'll be honest and recommend the proper services.

·
Registered
151 Posts
PPF would probably have helped a bit, but that's not a location that is normally covered with PPF.

That's awful. Bother.

A professional needs to sand that down then build up the proper layers again. For it to look right, I'm betting that whole metal band will have to be resprayed as rgledhill stated.
Dealer didn't offer PPF coverage on the leading edge of the roof but I had them add it. That looks like it was a large stone. Last hit I took was a piece of concrete falling off an overpass and hit my windshield. I feel for you. I can only think of 3 to 4 hits that were significant since I've been driving. Each circumstance was very different.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Dealer didn't offer PPF coverage on the leading edge of the roof but I had them add it. That looks like it was a large stone. Last hit I took was a piece of concrete falling off an overpass and hit my windshield. I feel for you. I can only think of 3 to 4 hits that were significant since I've been driving. Each circumstance was very different.
I got smacked with a small stone on my windshield in my old car, big enough to knock a chunk out of the glass, but it didn't spider so I got lucky.

Ages ago when I live in NJ I was driving behind a guy who was smacked in the A pillar by a rock the size of a softball, if not bigger, that fell off of a dump truck. Judging by the burnout as he turned around, I don't think he was happy.

Reactions: iFG70

·
Registered
22 Posts
It looked much nicer in real life than the photo but I didn’t buy it!

The Sonoma Green of the RS5 is much nicer and closer to that wrap btw:

It’s unfortunate Polestar doesn’t have any actual colour options in their line up.
Even more frustrating - the Polestar 1 has a bunch of cool matte options that didn't carry over. Debating on wrapping mine in the XPEL stealth for PPF and to get a cool matte look (since vinyl wraps really aren't all that durable).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Booked my ceramic coating as below - happy with the price and its quite close to me.
Car arrives next tuesday and will give it in Wednesday and get back fri/sat
Getting support excited now..

WASH - Wheels, arches and paintwork are safely washed with acid free and pH neutral chemicals.
DECONTAMINATE - All exterior surfaces are decontaminated both chemically and mechanically using various tar and iron dissolving chemicals and a clay bar.
PAINT INSPECTION / CLEANSE - The paint is inspected using various lights , The entire car is given a single stage machine polish.
PROTECTION:
Gtechniq Crystal serum light +Gtechniq C2V3
3 to 5 years durability
Glass Coating Gtechniq G5
Plastic trim Gtechniq C4
Wheels

This priced. £595, 15% discount applied, Total / £505

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,995 Posts
Not long to wait then! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
The packages and the prices are remarkably similar to what I'm finding in the Boston area.

'Not quite sure what I'll be going for, but I'm leaning towards the more expensive exterior treatments.
Did mine with PPF on entire front end and full car ceramic coat. Got a good deal as it was the first P2 they had done and they wanted to show it off.

341 - 360 of 367 Posts