Polestar Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
79 Posts
I have a reply regarding my loss of charge and key proximity.
Sadly no real answer to my question regarding battery heating in the pre-condition cycle, Some clarity on key proximity.....
"The preconditioning would affect the battery as power is needed to heat the interior unless the car is plugged in to charge. Keeping the key close to the car overnight would not cause this loss of charge - the technology used in the key stops producing a signal after 30 seconds of being stationary, this means that the car and key are not 'talking'. "

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,516 Posts
Was the key on your person or stationary in a coat pocket? Just wondering if it was in your trouser pocket or something, and therefore moving regularly.

Reactions: MarkG47

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
79 Posts
Was the key on your person or stationary in a coat pocket? Just wondering if it was in your trouser pocket or something, and therefore moving regularly.
OO err Sir, what are you implying?? :love: :love: sadly the keys were on a coffee table, untouched. Just as background, I had just got home from the GridServe Electric forecourt where the car had been charged to 90%. Where I park is slightly sheltered and covered by my CCTV which alerts for sound and motion. Nothing from the car in either category overnight (just foxes running riot). This larger drop has only happened once. I have started to keep track of daily charge levels. Over the past three days it has stayed stable at 87%. I plan to talk to the tech at the garage, the car is going in for the communication software update on 26th. WhatsApp Image 2021-01-13 at 12.09.52_LI.jpg Hopefully this will fix the 4G/Wifi issues

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,516 Posts
With that camera, you can watch at night to see it topping up its 12V battery from the main battery because the Polestar logo will be lit in the roof (see the thread I posted on Monday night!) :cool:

Reactions: MarkG47
21 - 24 of 24 Posts