Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now had my brakes made an emergency (ie very hard) stop twice, in the same place whilst reversing into my drive.

It has a wide gateway and nothing behind the car. No warning sounds, just a very sudden application of the brakes.

Luckily I have headrests 馃

Does anyone know how the sensors work? Can low and bright winter sunlight cause the system to react?

Many thanks

Registered
Polestar 2, Dual Motor, plus & pilot, midnight & towbar
I have now had my brakes made an emergency (ie very hard) stop twice, in the same place whilst reversing into my drive.

It has a wide gateway and nothing behind the car. No warning sounds, just a very sudden application of the brakes.

Does anyone know how the sensors work? Can low and bright winter sunlight cause the system to react?

Many thanks
You need to get out and brush the driveway for dust, blades of grass, rogue ants etc... or just do what I now do and disable autobrake... before reversing in to your drive

Registered

Many thanks
Have done exactly the same.. scared the s**t out of me.. tired after work and the bam...

Registered
I also feel that the auto breaking on reverse is a bit aggresive. I had it twice, one time while I was parking in line and the car behind me on the road started to drive since I was enough on the parking spot for him to pass and my car slammed the break. Second time a bycicle decided not to wait my turning and crossed behind me but on a safe and responsible distance and the car breaked also, I would not have done that myself.

Registered
P*2, Launch, Void, 20" Rims, TowBar,

Many thanks
I was backing up my utility trailer when this little plant slammed my brakes on...the other side is a rock garden so you can guess what went through my mind!
Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Hood

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Registered
Dual motor - Plus & Pilot
This is the single most annoying feature. Fortunately, this really poorly functioning automatic braking can be turned off pretty easily. But it is bit of frustrating maneuver every time when reversing.

Registered
'21, 2, Dual Motor, Black
The auto-braking is insane. It will not let me in my narrow garage. Absolutely the second thing I do every time I get in my car, after putting on my seatbelt, is to turn that nonsense off. Ridiculous that it isn't a persistent setting.

Registered
2021 Dual Motor; Void/Slate; Pilot, Plus, Non-PP
Does your drive incline upwards?
Mine does, and my rear AEB has kicked in twice. Why does the incline matter? I am backing up my driveway in order to charge from the garage, so my nose is facing downward. When the rear AEB kicks in, it is so abrupt it feels like I have actually hit something ... hard!

Registered
Ghosts. I'm pretty sure it's ghosts.

Seriously it's happened to me a few times to the point it's become annoying. I reverse next to a hedge and have brickwork driveway and the reverse sensors seem to go mental every time I reverse onto it. I have no idea what is triggering it

Registered
R.A.B. is a bit weird. I've had it trigger a couple of times when reversing into my garage. I can guarantee that in Scotland at this time of year "strong sunlight" is not a problem ;-)

One time it was freaked out about the edge between the concrete pad of the garage and the driveway - the camera apparently picked that up as an obstacle (it's a couple of CM at most).

Another time was due to a bit of wood I have at the back of my garage that I use to let me know the car is in it's proper position - just rest the tyres on it and it's far enough in to close the door (there isn't much room behind the car when it's far enough back to close the door).

It seems to be speed sensitive - if you're creeping backwards it doesn't seem to do anything but if you're going a little bit faster it seems to kick in. I've ended up turning it off when parking in the garage as it's just wrong.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts