Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My key crapped out on me yesterday morning. I figured I'd give it a break and try today, and nothing this AM. Looking in the app there was an option to "Activate", which I couldn't do, so I figured what the hell and tried unpairing/repairing the two. Of course once I unpaired them they wouldn't pair again, so down the troubleshooting rabbit hole I went.
  • First I focused on phone stuff: Uninstalled/reinstalled the app, cleared BT cache, reset the phone, unpaired the "Polestar 2" item, etc.
  • Next was car account stuff: Removed and re-added my polestar account and removed the second profile (I wasn't expecting my seat position to change when I changed the profile, scared the crap out of me.) No dice here either.
Then I just figured I'd be patient and let it sit, but out of curiosity I checked the BT list on my phone to see what devices were broadcasting and I noticed the car wasn't in the list. Ok, so now to troubleshoot BT in a car. :/ Good thing I know my way around an Android device. :)
  • First I tried a simple reboot, nothing.
  • Next was to try the ole BT "on/off" trick, but while I was at it I cleared the car's BT cache (steps below). Nope..
    • I forgot to turn BT back on after this step, so it's worth pointing out the process isn't doing any checks to see if BT is on or available.
  • Then I tried the TCAM reset (can confirm it works), this got me somewhere. I saw the car pop up in the pairing list and the phone displayed the pairing code, but the car did not.
  • One more reboot of the infotainment and success. Car paired, phone as a key was enabled, and everything started working.
So, honing in on the car steps, I would not be surprised if the failure to re-pair is because the PAK BT radios in the car are crashing out. Not sure if that's because of the app on the phone putting them in a bad state, or if it's a bug in the car. I hope the former because that'll be a lot quicker of a fix... Anyway, formal steps if anyone wants to give this a shot:
  1. Tap the All Apps icon (four squares)
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Tap Apps
  4. Tap All Apps
  5. Tap System Apps
  6. Tap Bluetooth
  7. Tap Storage
  8. Tap Clear Cache (Traditionally you should reboot here, but probably can wait till the next step)
  9. TCAM Reset: Press and hold the front demister button until the SOS/Connect lights by the map lights go out (first button after the volume knob on the passenger side)
  10. When they come back on and the car reconnects to LTE, reset the Infotainment.
From there hopefully it pairs again, or pairs at all. Good luck!

·
Registered
469 Posts
My key crapped out on me yesterday morning. I figured I'd give it a break and try today, and nothing this AM. Looking in the app there was an option to "Activate", which I couldn't do, so I figured what the hell and tried unpairing/repairing the two. Of course once I unpaired them they wouldn't pair again, so down the troubleshooting rabbit hole I went.
  • First I focused on phone stuff: Uninstalled/reinstalled the app, cleared BT cache, reset the phone, unpaired the "Polestar 2" item, etc.
  • Next was car account stuff: Removed and re-added my polestar account and removed the second profile (I wasn't expecting my seat position to change when I changed the profile, scared the crap out of me.) No dice here either.
Then I just figured I'd be patient and let it sit, but out of curiosity I checked the BT list on my phone to see what devices were broadcasting and I noticed the car wasn't in the list. Ok, so now to troubleshoot BT in a car. :/ Good thing I know my way around an Android device. :)
  • First I tried a simple reboot, nothing.
  • Next was to try the ole BT "on/off" trick, but while I was at it I cleared the car's BT cache (steps below). Nope..
    • I forgot to turn BT back on after this step, so it's worth pointing out the process isn't doing any checks to see if BT is on or available.
  • Then I tried the TCAM reset (can confirm it works), this got me somewhere. I saw the car pop up in the pairing list and the phone displayed the pairing code, but the car did not.
  • One more reboot of the infotainment and success. Car paired, phone as a key was enabled, and everything started working.
So, honing in on the car steps, I would not be surprised if the failure to re-pair is because the PAK BT radios in the car are crashing out. Not sure if that's because of the app on the phone putting them in a bad state, or if it's a bug in the car. I hope the former because that'll be a lot quicker of a fix... Anyway, formal steps if anyone wants to give this a shot:
  1. Tap the All Apps icon (four squares)
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Tap Apps
  4. Tap All Apps
  5. Tap System Apps
  6. Tap Bluetooth
  7. Tap Storage
  8. Tap Clear Cache (Traditionally you should reboot here, but probably can wait till the next step)
  9. TCAM Reset: Press and hold the front demister button until the SOS/Connect lights by the map lights go out (first button after the volume knob on the passenger side)
  10. When they come back on and the car reconnects to LTE, reset the Infotainment.
From there hopefully it pairs again, or pairs at all. Good luck!
Thanks for detailed write up but some of us seem still to be able to do the TCAM reset others don’t. I just went and tried again amd can confirm TCAM reset no longer works in my car after the latest OTA. Was fine before. My LTE, wifi and gps are all dead since two days now. Got update Monday.

·
Registered
333 Posts
For how long are you holding the demister button? I think I saw somebody claiming it could take up to a minute before the reset happens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For how long are you holding the demister button? I think I saw somebody claiming it could take up to a minute before the reset happens.
According to Polestar email I had a couple of days ago it’s 20 seconds but it’s not working. I let them know and they told me that Polestar is aware of the problem and they’re working on it and suggested that in the meantime I should use my phone’s data for internet connectivity!

·
Registered
333 Posts
According to Polestar email I had a couple of days ago it’s 20 seconds but it’s not working. I let them know and they told me that Polestar is aware of the problem and they’re working on it and suggested that in the meantime I should use my phone’s data for internet connectivity!
Yes, but did you actually try holding it for much longer, like up to a minute?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I held for more than 20-30 seconds but not as long as 1 minute. Does that work?
I have at least seen reports that 40-50 seconds was necessary. I'd just try holding it for at least that long (or until you can see the SOS-light going red). No guarantee, but it does seem silly of them to actually remove the feature, especially since their official support has been touting this method for previous SW versions. That said, sillyness isn't unheard of when it comes to Polestar implementations of things...

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
632 Posts
Right and with thanks to @Joel S. for his instructions on the reset. My pairing had been successful but then went off. I then unpaired and had exactly the same issue as Joel. I could also not use any process to get this working again including TCAM reset. Last night I gave up.

Well today I thought what the heck and did the TCAM reset (15-20 secs) and oddly it worked again. For me this was the vital step in getting the pairing going again. I’m now fully back up and working again on the app.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Moon)
15 Posts
Does this reset new not have to be done so?:

Restart mobile data connection

This function corresponds to the classic switching off and on of the mobile Internet connection. If the Polestar 2 loses connection to the Internet, tap "Settings" on the center display and then "Network and Internet". Now tap accordingly to turn off mobile data and then tap again to turn it back on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have tyre latest software update and have successfully paired my iPhone so that it works as a key. I cannot get the remote climate option to work. A message in my ap tells me that data sharing is turned off and to use the "touch screen in the car to change this setting". I have tried all the menu options but cannot find a data sharing option. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
632 Posts
I have tyre latest software update and have successfully paired my iPhone so that it works as a key. I cannot get the remote climate option to work. A message in my ap tells me that data sharing is turned off and to use the "touch screen in the car to change this setting". I have tried all the menu options but cannot find a data sharing option. Can anyone help?
Have you checked the full list in the privacy section in settings? All mine are turned on and I can turn climate on/off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I still can't find the option for data sharing. The two pics of the screen are all that I can access.The first 3 are locked and greyed out. If you have any ideas about what I might be doing wrong I'd be grateful.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
632 Posts
I have had that prior to the update and also when the Polestar account wasn’t added and logged in. Perhaps check the latter first or remove and then re-add your PS account. I think those options will be crucial to get this working for you, especially PS connect as that contains all the app features now and potentially for the future.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I still can't find the option for data sharing. The two pics of the screen are all that I can access.The first 3 are locked and greyed out. If you have any ideas about what I might be doing wrong I'd be grateful. View attachment 5424
Make sure you have a polestar account setup.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have had that prior to the update and also when the Polestar account wasn’t added and logged in. Perhaps check the latter first or remove and then re-add your PS account. I think those options will be crucial to get this working for you, especially PS connect as that contains all the app features now and potentially for the future.
Many thanks

1 - 20 of 214 Posts