My key crapped out on me yesterday morning. I figured I'd give it a break and try today, and nothing this AM. Looking in the app there was an option to "Activate", which I couldn't do, so I figured what the hell and tried unpairing/repairing the two. Of course once I unpaired them they wouldn't pair again, so down the troubleshooting rabbit hole I went.
- First I focused on phone stuff: Uninstalled/reinstalled the app, cleared BT cache, reset the phone, unpaired the "Polestar 2" item, etc.
- Next was car account stuff: Removed and re-added my polestar account and removed the second profile (I wasn't expecting my seat position to change when I changed the profile, scared the crap out of me.) No dice here either.
- First I tried a simple reboot, nothing.
- Next was to try the ole BT "on/off" trick, but while I was at it I cleared the car's BT cache (steps below). Nope..
- I forgot to turn BT back on after this step, so it's worth pointing out the process isn't doing any checks to see if BT is on or available.
- Then I tried the TCAM reset (can confirm it works), this got me somewhere. I saw the car pop up in the pairing list and the phone displayed the pairing code, but the car did not.
- One more reboot of the infotainment and success. Car paired, phone as a key was enabled, and everything started working.
- Tap the All Apps icon (four squares)
- Tap Settings
- Tap Apps
- Tap All Apps
- Tap System Apps
- Tap Bluetooth
- Tap Storage
- Tap Clear Cache (Traditionally you should reboot here, but probably can wait till the next step)
- TCAM Reset: Press and hold the front demister button until the SOS/Connect lights by the map lights go out (first button after the volume knob on the passenger side)
- When they come back on and the car reconnects to LTE, reset the Infotainment.