Polestar Forum banner
181 - 200 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve tried multiple troubleshooting steps, from unpairing everything, deleting the app and beginning from scratch, to @Joel S.’s helpful list at the beginning of this thread (incidentally, TCAM reset works for me post-OTA). Every time, same result: the SOC, lock & climate part of the app works, but phone-as-key doesn’t pair & then remains greyed out:

View attachment 5476
Anyone who has had this issue figured out how to solve it?
I have the same issue - waiting for Polestar IT to get back with a solution…

·
Registered
California
706 Posts
Polestar posted to Facebook:

Hello,
Since the Polestar app and Digital Key were released, our teams have worked hard to identify the root cause of issues such as pairing errors for the Polestar app and the Digital Key, greyed-out areas, incorrect battery status as well as syncing errors in the app.

In the upcoming software update P2127 to be released OTA this month, we no longer detect any issues uniquely connected to the Digital Key nor the syncing of data. We are still working on finding solutions to the pairing issues both for the app and Digital Key. However, from tests in our internal fleet, we have noted that a pairing issue sometimes is perceived as a syncing issue, even if these functions and errors are unrelated.

As updates are being released to the app frequently, we recommend that you keep the app updated, as well as the software in your car. Climate timer functionality will be introduced in an update coming soon to the Polestar app and we are excited to present even more improvements in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Polestar posted to Facebook:
does that mean that folks who got versions >= 2127 at the shops have all these fixes implemented?

still not reinstalling or repairing the app until it’s out of beta….

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Moon PP Leather
93 Posts
Well. Let me ask a fundamental question for PAK. If Polestar PAK works as it supposed to, what can it do? Can I use it without a physical key? So when I just walk to the car and touch the door handle with only a phone, does the car recognize PAK and open it? Can I drive my car just keeping the phone in my pocket? When I leave the car, can it be locked by touching door handle with a phone in my pocket? Well, none of the above worked for me yet. However, Polestar app can lock/unlock, turn on/off climate quite consistently. It shows the battery % quite reliably. So I guess car and phone are synced up correctly. I am bit confused... Please help.

·
Registered
Midnight PP leather tow
39 Posts
My phone is paired with the car and the app works but PAK doesn't.
When I try to "Activate" the phone just sits spinning for up to ten minutes.
I tried all the steps in the initial post here with some bonus reboots, no joy.
Polestar support say I need new/other software from the garage so waiting for an appointment. My "personal technician" at Bilia (local volvo dealer) is on holiday, slightly defeating the point of personal service (which I never asked for).
They had the car for a couple of hours, PAK seems to work now though I'm not sure if the other key was far enough away in my one test. They also fixed some (but not all) of the plastic rattles that have been nagging me. They fixed the one behind the wheel, waiting for advice on the one from (near?) the seatbelt hookup on the B pillar.

·
Registered
California
706 Posts
Well. Let me ask a fundamental question for PAK. If Polestar PAK works as it supposed to, what can it do? Can I use it without a physical key? So when I just walk to the car and touch the door handle with only a phone, does the car recognize PAK and open it? Can I drive my car just keeping the phone in my pocket? When I leave the car, can it be locked by touching door handle with a phone in my pocket?
Yes. That functionality is phone-as-key aka Digital Key, which does take some extra steps to fully enable.

Well, none of the above worked for me yet. However, Polestar app can lock/unlock, turn on/off climate quite consistently. It shows the battery % quite reliably. So I guess car and phone are synced up correctly. I am bit confused... Please help.
This is functionality of just the Polestar app.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well. Let me ask a fundamental question for PAK. If Polestar PAK works as it supposed to, what can it do? Can I use it without a physical key? So when I just walk to the car and touch the door handle with only a phone, does the car recognize PAK and open it? Can I drive my car just keeping the phone in my pocket? When I leave the car, can it be locked by touching door handle with a phone in my pocket? Well, none of the above worked for me yet. However, Polestar app can lock/unlock, turn on/off climate quite consistently. It shows the battery % quite reliably. So I guess car and phone are synced up correctly. I am bit confused... Please help.
I fell into this trap during handover. The delivery driver walked me through connecting my phone and the car said it was paired. Tried to lock and unlock the car by touching the handle an it didn’t work. The driver said you had to get the phone out of your pocket and use the app to lock and unlock. So much miss information.
So after the phone is paired with the car, to set this up properly (at least on an iPhone) you have to open the app touch the person icon bottom RHS. Touch Manage top RHS go to car settings and select activate digital Key. Once done this worked for me.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Remember, the delivery guy (at least in the US) is just a truck driver, not a salesman (not that they know much either 🙄}

·
Registered
62 Posts
Remember, the delivery guy (at least in the US) is just a truck driver, not a salesman (not that they know much either 🙄}
Yes, but if I dont know something I say so, I dont make it up. Its not just delivery drivers, for instance the guys at the Polestar space told me that the car has proper tyre pressure monitoring which is simply not true, Its just relative wheel speed monitoring via the ABS sensors. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
45 Posts
does that mean that folks who got versions >= 2127 at the shops have all these fixes implemented?

still not reinstalling or repairing the app until it’s out of beta….
I've been on 2127 since early July but I still can't login to my polestar account in the vehicle and the app won't pair either - perhaps they need to add my car to their fleet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up my car last week, the app and the car have been unable to pair.

On Friday, the app notified of a pending OTA update to the car.

As of today, no update.

Anyone know how long it takes for the OTA update to reach the car or if there’s a method to ‘force‘ the process?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I picked up my car last week, the app and the car have been unable to pair.

On Friday, the app notified of a pending OTA update to the car.

As of today, no update.

Anyone know how long it takes for the OTA update to reach the car or if there’s a method to ‘force‘ the process?

Thanks for your help!
Are you sure it's not just waiting to be applied? Try pulling down the notification shade to see there is a message there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes. That functionality is phone-as-key aka Digital Key, which does take some extra steps to fully enable.

This is functionality of just the Polestar app.
Aha! Thanks for the clarification. So PAK has never worked for me so far!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Aha! Thanks for the clarification. So PAK has never worked for me so far!
Well. I checked all the settings and it says car and phone are synced up and everything looks good as it supposed to be. However, PAK doesn't work as described. I guess I need to wait until the next software update.... quite frustrating.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Yes, but if I dont know something I say so, I dont make it up. Its not just delivery drivers, for instance the guys at the Polestar space told me that the car has proper tyre pressure monitoring which is simply not true, Its just relative wheel speed monitoring via the ABS sensors. :rolleyes:
Well, the salesmen are sleazeballs because it's a requirement of the job. They are supposed to answer "yes" to any question you ask if it will close the deal. I find it amusing when new people come on the forum after buying the car and make all manner of pronouncements that the salesmen told them were coming 😆🤣

As for the truck driver, he could have been lying, or he could have not even understood the difference in what you were asking about. They are given only very basic information from the Space to transmit on delivery. I find it hard to blame them.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
So PAK has never worked for me so far!
Nor for anyone else more than intermittently.

However, PAK doesn't work as described. I guess I need to wait until the next software update.... quite frustrating.
LOL!!! How about waiting almost a year for it? If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath. Everything with the P2 is just an OTA update away 😇.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nor for anyone else more than intermittently.

LOL!!! How about waiting almost a year for it? If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath. Everything with the P2 is just an OTA update away 😇.
Let's take a step back, a software update away .... 9 months in and I've still not received an OTA.

181 - 200 of 214 Posts