Polestar Forum banner
201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
The PAK, for me, has worked reliably for the past several months with the exception of once (this past weekend). In that one instance, it didn't work at the start of my driving session, so I carried a non-shielded fob with me for that session. Every other session - if it worked to leave my house with the car, it stayed working through getting home. One thing I do notice, however; is that the kick-to-open for the trunk is much more fussy with the PAK than with the Fob. Many times the PAK will work as expected to open a door, unlock the charging cable or drive off, but a kick to open the trunk will result in a very quiet beep and refusal to open, until I open the app and wait for the PAK to confirm connection - then it works to open the trunk with a kick.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Just an update on my end. I haven't used a physical key in months. I have to quit and restart the app fairly frequently to make it work. So it is a bit finicky but has never caused any true problems.

Colorado now has a state-issued phone app that contains a digital drivers license. And of course there is mobile pay just about everywhere. So I travel light these days with only my phone. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you sure it's not just waiting to be applied? Try pulling down the notification shade to see there is a message there.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Checked and, unfortunately, no pending notification for a system update.

·
Registered
California
706 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion.

Checked and, unfortunately, no pending notification for a system update.
If the app is telling you there’s an update for your car, it sounds more like your car was delivered with an older version of software.

If you go into Apps → Settings → Software Update, does it show a version number for you at all?

P2124 is the most recent OTA, any number higher than that would contain those fixes. If there’s no number, then your software is older than P2124.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Moon PP Leather
93 Posts
Why don't you read how to activate digital Key instead of being frustrated? Until you ask you didn't even know how it's supposed to work! 😊
Polestarer. That is a very good point, to be honest. Well, here is my story FYI. I have read it thoroughly and synced up as it was described. Once I did it, car said car was successfully paired up with my phone. It was in June, when my car was updated with P2124. However, it didn't work as it supposed to. I contacted PSCS and talked with three different staffs there about my situation. All they said was that WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT UPDATE. Since then, I tried few ways as I found in this forum. None of those worked for me. Then few days ago, I was quite curious suddenly how it should work if everything was ok..., for I have never experienced this thing works correctly! So I asked very stupid question to this forum to make sure. I don't expect much from PS software team at this time, for it has been just miserable. If you want me to read it again and follow the direction to make sure my car doesn't work for PAK, I am more than happy to do that again, even though it would be a total wasting time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the app is telling you there’s an update for your car, it sounds more like your car was delivered with an older version of software.

If you go into Apps → Settings → Software Update, does it show a version number for you at all?

P2124 is the most recent OTA, any number higher than that would contain those fixes. If there’s no number, then your software is older than P2124.
You’re correct, it appears the car was delivered with old software—I don’t see any software version in Software Update.

·
Registered
California
706 Posts
You’re correct, it appears the car was delivered with old software—I don’t see any software version in Software Update.
You could definitely get your Polestar Space to update the software manually. You could also wait for the next OTA, which should be soon. But even when the OTA is released they don’t release to all cars at the exact same time.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
One of the previous updates started the process of actually listing the version so you wouldn't be totally in the dark -- which you still are. Contact CS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Polestarer. That is a very good point, to be honest. Well, here is my story FYI. I have read it thoroughly and synced up as it was described. Once I did it, car said car was successfully paired up with my phone. It was in June, when my car was updated with P2124. However, it didn't work as it supposed to. I contacted PSCS and talked with three different staffs there about my situation. All they said was that WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT UPDATE. Since then, I tried few ways as I found in this forum. None of those worked for me. Then few days ago, I was quite curious suddenly how it should work if everything was ok..., for I have never experienced this thing works correctly! So I asked very stupid question to this forum to make sure. I don't expect much from PS software team at this time, for it has been just miserable. If you want me to read it again and follow the direction to make sure my car doesn't work for PAK, I am more than happy to do that again, even though it would be a total wasting time.
Can I ask what's not working? Is it the app itself that is not pairing? Or the PAK that is only one part of the app?

Could you share some screenshots with the status of your Digital Key in the app? Does it state "Disconnected"? Or what?

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Moon PP Leather
93 Posts
Can I ask what's not working? Is it the app itself that is not pairing? Or the PAK that is only one part of the app?

Could you share some screenshots with the status of your Digital Key in the app? Does it state "Disconnected"? Or what?
App gave up activating digital key for some reasons by itself and it never came back to available. I talked to PS CS again yesterday and they confirmed the next update would be in two weeks and it would fix the issue. Fingers crossed~ 🤞

201 - 214 of 214 Posts