Polestar Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Shame they didn’t use / install the current Volvo system like on my XC40 that works great.
All Volvo's are switching to google now. Polestar 2 and XC40 Recharge are the first two.

Once GM and all the French cars start being released with Google, then you'll see the flood of apps and support.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been following this thread with interest but, as a gentleman of a certain age and no engineering background, I have one question: Is any functionality built into my current version of the app? I can log in to my account where I can access the car's manual, look at "Questions from the Polestar community", look at videos and get news about software updates but I can't find anything such as pre-warming the car etc. Am i doing something wrong?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've been following this thread with interest but, as a gentleman of a certain age and no engineering background, I have one question: Is any functionality built into my current version of the app? I can log in to my account where I can access the car's manual, look at "Questions from the Polestar community", look at videos and get news about software updates but I can't find anything such as pre-warming the car etc. Am i doing something wrong?
None of those features will be ready until spring 2021 (phone as key) or mid 2021 (remote pre-conditioning) . It Will either be a completely separate APP or a significant updates to the current one

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
You can essentially delete that app. It won't be of much value going forward. They key app will be completely different.

·
Registered
California
214 Posts
Just because we were talking about this tech earlier in the thread. BMW (completely unsurprisingly) announces support for CCC 3.0 / UWB.

The new, additional features enabled by the BMW Digital Key Plus are based on Ultra-Wideband technology. This is a short-range, high-bandwidth digital radio technology that is characterized by an exceptionally precise localization with the greatest possible security. UWB’s precision also ensures that relay attacks, where the radio signal is jammed or intercepted, are not possible. Apple and BMW have been working closely with the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC) to establish the Digital Key specification 3.0 for UWB, providing a global standard for the automotive industry.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts