Polestar Forum banner

141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
yes. I was trying to get this working tonight by pairing one key to me and one to the wife. To get to this screen you need all three keys in the car and the next screen asks you to confirm “in the app” which key to use. Of course we have no app so you can’t get past this point.

Not sure but this looks awfully like a phone as a key setup page...
View attachment 4120

·
Registered
PS2, Void, non PP, 20" Wheels
19 Posts
For what it's worth .... A colleague had his PS2 delivered yesterday, and the BCA delivery driver showed him the App with phone as key and said it was due to be released in 2 weeks.

I won't hold my breath but at least we know its in an advanced stage.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Of note in the new MY22 press release: "The new Polestar app and Polestar Digital Key begin rolling out to all Polestar 2 owners OTA from May 2021."

·
Registered
P2 Snow non-PP w/tow hook
49 Posts
Of note in the new MY22 press release: "The new Polestar app and Polestar Digital Key begin rolling out to all Polestar 2 owners OTA from May 2021."

Interesting considering the presentation last week in Helsinki where they said 2 weeks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
According to this article in Engadget (Article Link), "Meanwhile, Polestar noted that the new Polestar app and Digital Key will roll out to all Polestar 2 owners starting next month. The new Digital Key is integrated into the app as standard, along with over-the-air update capabilities."

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
127 Posts
According to this article in Engadget (Article Link), "Meanwhile, Polestar noted that the new Polestar app and Digital Key will roll out to all Polestar 2 owners starting next month. The new Digital Key is integrated into the app as standard, along with over-the-air update capabilities."
Last month it was also "next month". I see a pattern here...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Last month it was also "next month". I see a pattern here...
I work in software development and would much rather have it fully baked than delivered on a promised date. That said, multiple sources seem to be pointing to the same time-frame, so I guess we'll see ;-)

·
Registered
36 Posts
So basically the entire non-MVP software roadmap got punted to the 2022 model year in favor of bug fixes. Not a complaint, and certainly necessary, but they’ve really got to deliver this year if the goal is to scale big.
Now you're just quoting my company's CTO ;-) Who knows, they may have two dev teams; one working on bug fixes and the other on enhancements ;-)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Or they may have one guy working his butt off 😂
Let's just hope no one near him says "Open your butthole" thinking a Tesla is nearby and ready for a recharge.

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
127 Posts
I work in software development and would much rather have it fully baked than delivered on a promised date. That said, multiple sources seem to be pointing to the same time-frame, so I guess we'll see ;-)
"Promised date"? 🤣

This was part of the original advertising for the car.

I work in software development myself. While that makes me a little bit sympathetic, my sympathy can only go so far, and the limit has been reached and surpassed a long time ago. The delay can only mean that they hit a significant obstacle, a fact that actually makes me nervous.

Anyway, personally I don't actually care all that much about the app. While it is a nice-to-have, I can live perfectly well with the physical key for now. The reason I am monitoring progress is that my source at Polestar said that the key app will roll out at the same time as the permanent (we can dream, can't we?) fix for the EA charging problem. And that is something I do care about.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm a complete gadget geek (which is why I bought the P*2) and while I'd love to have the promised full app and the Phone-as-Key, none of this was critical to my decision to buy. I don't mind having the (cheap plastic) key in my pocket and I can check basic charging status in my ChargePoint L2EVSE app for now. Preconditioning would be semi-useful in the Florida summer, but that isn't critical, either.

Bug fixes would be critical for me. In my 3-day test drive before buying the car, my loaner needed an IT reboot to fix a Bluetooth issue and a TCAM reset for the LTE disconnection issue; both of which were easy thanks to this forum, but neither of which should have been necessary. I can deal with missing functionality more than I can deal with nasty bugs in functionality that is there but isn't right.

141 - 160 of 174 Posts