Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have their phone drop from connection? Meaning the phone still works, but looks like it is disconnected on the main screen.

Also, anyone know how to get to the text messages screen? I only see calls.....

thanks,

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
My phone has always worked fine except for wireless charging - iPhone 12 Mini.

For text messages to display, there are couple number of criteria you need to meet. The below advice is for iOS - you didn't say whether you're Apple or Android.

1) you need to allow notifications on the bluetooth (Settings > Bluetooth > Polestar > Show Notifications)

2) you need to allow your messages to display when the phone is unlocked (Settings > Notifications > Messages > Show Previews > When Unlocked)

But it sucks anyway and you're better off just using 'Hey Siri' read your messages / compose replies...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

For text messages to display, there are couple number of criteria you need to meet. The below advice is for iOS - you didn't say whether you're Apple or Android.

1) you need to allow notifications on the bluetooth (Settings > Bluetooth > Polestar > Show Notifications)

2) you need to allow your messages to display when the phone is unlocked (Settings > Notifications > Messages > Show Previews > When Unlocked)

But it sucks anyway and you're better off just using 'Hey Siri' read your messages / compose replies...
I'm on an android. Thanks for the tips, I'll poke around.

The messages do display when then come in, but no list of recent texts…. I mean.... isn't that standard feature in 2021 haha?

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
I'm on an android. Thanks for the tips, I'll poke around.

The messages do display when then come in, but no list of recent texts…. I mean.... isn't that standard feature in 2021 haha?
At the top of the screen there should be a horizontal bar that lets you pull down a notifications screen, showing what's recently come in. If it's orange, there are notifications to view, if white nothing. At least through that I can see the past few texts.

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
It can’t pull recent texts - only ones that happen ‘live’ whilst you’re in the car.

It’s solely based on notifications.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Any idea how I can get WhatsApp notifications from my Android phone displayed on the infotainment screen?

·
Super Moderator
1,396 Posts
In general, I would love notifications from the phone to be mirrored. Maybe this will come with the app, similar to the Fitbit app, where you can select which notifications are mirrored on an app by app basis.

Stretch goal would be for messenger notifications to be read and the possibility to dictate the answer. And dictate new messages through arbitrary messengers.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Exactly Steve...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I searched the forum and I can't find this issue...

I have an Android phone. It paired easily and I can text with it. But if I call someone, I don't hear the phone ringing and when they answer, they just hear a loud buzzing noise. I tried unpairing and repairing, also rebooted + unpaired/paired. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Hi! The issue here is that iPhone changed their wireless charging which is why they either charge extremely slowly via QI chargers or not charging at all. Sadly there is no solution for this from Polestars end, but I've heard that Apple is working on solving this.

I searched the forum and I can't find this issue...

I have an Android phone. It paired easily and I can text with it. But if I call someone, I don't hear the phone ringing and when they answer, they just hear a loud buzzing noise. I tried unpairing and repairing, also rebooted + unpaired/paired. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas?
Hi Fraj1r, what phone model is it that you have? Does it have the latest software update?
DId you search for the phone via bluetooth from the car itself, or did you search for the car via your phone?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi! The issue here is that iPhone changed their wireless charging which is why they either charge extremely slowly via QI chargers or not charging at all. Sadly there is no solution for this from Polestars end, but I've heard that Apple is working on solving this.

Hi Fraj1r, what phone model is it that you have? Does it have the latest software update?
DId you search for the phone via bluetooth from the car itself, or did you search for the car via your phone?
Typical of Apple to go their own way!!! The main reason I steer clear from their walled garden.

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
I think this is cock-up rather than deliberate act... They integrated some magnets into the back of the device surrounding the charge coil so that charging pads could magnetically couple, but turns out this messed up compatibility with about half the existing chargers on the planet.

They claim a fix will be forthcoming but it's been a wile.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Fran1r, what phone model is it that you have? Does it have the latest software update?
[/QUOTE]

I have a Moto G Power running Android 10. Can remember how I paired it---does that matter? It texts sometimes, but the calls never work properly.

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
95 Posts
Hi i have tonight plugged my IPhone 12 Pro into the USB C point and then left it on wire less charger and it suddenly came to life, i unplugged the cable got out and back in and so far the wireless connection is now working.
i will check again tomorrow, don’t know if there has been a update or it was a fluke

·
Registered
463 Posts

3) make sure that for iOS under settings / contacts / iCloud / messages you enable messages.... it took me ages to troubleshoot this!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi again...
I gave up on my Moto G power ever being able to make a phone call through my P2 so I picked up a Pixel 4a. Now I have the opposite problem. Before, I couldn't use the phone for calls, but could sometimes text. With the 4a I can make and receive calls, but texting doesn't work. Anyone else have a 4a or other Pixel that might have some insights?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I know I had to go deep in the menus to give the Polestar permission to read texts. Perhaps it's just a setting you're missing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts