Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 531 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I thought the First Rule of the Official Polestar Community FB Group was that you do not talk about the Official Polestar Community FB Group?

We value your privacy, and by joining this group you agree to respect the privacy of other group members and that you will refrain from sharing content from this group externally.

Seems odd to give community members an exclusive preview of this though, when so many people are waiting on it.

·
Super Moderator
1,114 Posts
I still think it's pretty disrespectful that they completely ignore this well established community full of knowledgeable people and only communicate via a medium a lot of people either want nothing to do with, or find it blocked on their work devices.

I made this point on one of the posts but they just said 'sorry you feel that way'...

·
Registered
670 Posts
I still think it's pretty disrespectful that they completely ignore this well established community full of knowledgeable people and only communicate via a medium a lot of people either want nothing to do with, or find it blocked on their work devices.

I made this point on one of the posts but they just said 'sorry you feel that way'...
They can't control this community like they can on Facebook….It's frustrating but I understand that they do it that way. The announcement on Facebook doesn't really bother me that much. They specifically said it was a pre-announcement for the community.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Facebook is banned in China. Heads will roll.
I'm surprised Thomas has survived this long after PS flopped in China, but apparently Zeekr cars are designed in Sweden...

·
Super Moderator
1,114 Posts
They can't control this community like they can on Facebook….It's frustrating but I understand that they do it that way. The announcement on Facebook doesn't really bother me that much. They specifically said it was a pre-announcement for the community.
Well, quite. A new community that's barely existed a month, and completely ignoring all the folks who have been in a 'community' for well over a year. That's my gripe.

See if they respond. I bet they won't.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well, they ignore questions on Facebook too, so you're not missing much...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think it is pretty easy to know why they are using Facebook - that is where the people are - for a lot of people everything they "know" comes from Facebook.
This forum is niche, you have to go looking for it - yes the are enthusiasts on here, but posting that kind of thing isn't really aimed at enthuisasts, they will find out anyway. The Facebook group will be aimed at those who aren't users and are considering the car - the exclusive bit is to attract followers etc. I don't do Facebook either, but I expect that group has a lot more members than this forum, and I expect a large percentage of those members don't own the car, so it is a marketing tool.
Plus they can have some degree of control over branding, message etc and if something goes wrong, out comes the delete key. It is also much easier to setup something official on Facebook (can be done by marketing). A forum is complex to setup and manage, it needs constant care and attention, way beyond the skills of a marketing team, and even then they will not get what they want - which is non-owners.
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram, that is where the corporate marketing goes these days.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,562 Posts
I think it is pretty easy to know why they are using Facebook - that is where the people are - for a lot of people everything they "know" comes from Facebook.
This forum is niche, you have to go looking for it - yes the are enthusiasts on here, but posting that kind of thing isn't really aimed at enthuisasts, they will find out anyway. The Facebook group will be aimed at those who aren't users and are considering the car - the exclusive bit is to attract followers etc. I don't do Facebook either, but I expect that group has a lot more members than this forum, and I expect a large percentage of those members don't own the car, so it is a marketing tool.
Plus they can have some degree of control over branding, message etc and if something goes wrong, out comes the delete key. It is also much easier to setup something official on Facebook (can be done by marketing). A forum is complex to setup and manage, it needs constant care and attention, way beyond the skills of a marketing team, and even then they will not get what they want - which is non-owners.
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram, that is where the corporate marketing goes these days.
Who are you to come here spouting your reason and logic ?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't do Facebook either, but I expect that group has a lot more members than this forum, and I expect a large percentage of those members don't own the car, so it is a marketing tool.
It is my understanding that the FB group is closed, and membership is only granted to those that can prove they have the car on order, or that they already own the car. It could still be mainly for marketing though, I have no idea. However, I don't like the tie-in to FB. At the very least, they should release any exciting news on their web page simultaneously to on the FB group. Leaving the FB group open for all to read would also be an option, just not great.

What about email newsletters to their registered customers? That's a mechanism they already have in place, they just don't use it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm not on FB, Insta or the other...maybe, just maybe the average P* buyer fits a different demographic? I don't know any connected millenials that can afford insurance let alone a car bigger than a shoe box. I get the power of social media and I plan to exploit it for an upcoming project but I still won't be part of it, I will have to employ the services of someone who wears a sharp suit with canvas shoes!

Reactions: charles42

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
614 Posts
I understand why they use FB, what I don't understand is why they use FB only

They have a bloody website with a news section in polestar.com, surely they could post it there?

On another thread where I was discussing the firmware update done on my car at Volvo yesterday someone suggested that I probably have the one that's going OTA on Monday with the Phone as Key functionality, and the first thing I did was check their website. Nothing. Then their Twitter account, still nothing.

They can post on their website and public twitter account, email us updates (for those that didn't opt out like me) and they chose to share this exclusively on a restricted group on FB?

WTAF Polestar, get your PR act together.

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
199 Posts
You have to provide your VIN to join the group. I have joined out of curiosity. Maybe as they have my VIN and have interacted with the group, I might get up the OTA and App queue. Seriously doubt it being I was at the back of the line for the last OTA. Meh, the app looks simple and clean. Not much functionality yet, but the main things are there:
Charge state in %
Lock/unlock doors (plus if they are open)
Preheat/cool (but only to the 22 preset)

Setting up the phone to be linked to the car looks a bit of a faff, but once done hopefully all good.

1 - 20 of 531 Posts