Polestar Forum banner

201 - 220 of 531 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
For the fellow belgians here, update for us is scheduled tomorrow.
Ah. Good to know. I hope to be with the 'Belge' then this time around :cool:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I drove to work today, parked in the garage, and locked the car with my digital key. Came back to the car a couple hours later, and now the digital key function has been deactivated in the app, and I can’t turn it back on. The remote locking is not working, so I’m locked out of the car and having my father-in-law bring me the key.😕
Sorry to hear that. But I admire your confidence leaving without the key on day one.

Reactions: ArcElectric

·
Registered
485 Posts
Phone as key was working fine. App was/is working to show battery percentage and lock status. But then phone as key just crumped.

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
171 Posts
I also find that the app must be OPEN, not just on the phone, and that the response from the car is pretty slow.
Is your's an iPhone? In that case I seem to recall reading that, indeed, the app must be open, at least for now.
I have a Pixel 5, but I can't say how it would work in my case since so far it simply doesn't work at all.

·
Registered
62 Posts
With iPhone you must not back out of the app since the app then stops running. That's a limitation in ios. The app is supposed to keep running if you just switch to another app.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Is your's an iPhone? In that case I seem to recall reading that, indeed, the app must be open, at least for now.
I have a Pixel 5, but I can't say how it would work in my case since so far it simply doesn't work at all.
Nope. Android. Running Android One OS.

·
Registered
166 Posts
So on my phone (Galaxy S7) the Polestar app is draining the battery like crazy. It seems to keep location/GPS on, which shouldn't be necessary. Whether it has anything to do with the phone-as-key not working, I don't know. It has been responsible for 51% of the total battery usage today, which is a lot.

Not happy about that. Anybody else seeing high battery usage from this app?

·
Registered
468 Posts
but for many in the UK LTE very rarely worked until this release
I'm not going to be celebrating just yet. Whilst yours has behaved since your software update, I don't believe we've fully seen the back of this issue yet (in the UK at least), let's see once we've got a few more people on the latest update and got a few weeks experience with it to see if they have solved LTE/4G connectivity once and for all. (I wasn't aware that they were claiming they'd done anything specific on this OTA update to rectify this).

Happy for you, that yours is rock steady though.

·
Registered
972 Posts
So on my phone (Galaxy S7) the Polestar app is draining the battery like crazy. It seems to keep location/GPS on, which shouldn't be necessary. Whether it has anything to do with the phone-as-key not working, I don't know. It has been responsible for 51% of the total battery usage today, which is a lot.

The app uses Bluetooth for the phone-as-a-key and Android requires location to be on for Bluetooth, even if it doesn't use GPS or location at all. That said, it shouldn't be killing the battery... there's not a whole lot it needs to do, just handshake with the car when it's in range. My phone killed the app overnight, need to turn off the optimization and see how it goes, although since it's not paired it might not drain much.

·
Registered
468 Posts

Galaxy S8 here, and Polestar app has the highest app usage of my battery today @ 20.7% (active for 9 hours, no background usage).

·
Registered
972 Posts
Galaxy S8 here, and Polestar app has the highest app usage of my battery today @ 20.7% (active for 9 hours, no background usage).
What version of Android are you running?

·
Registered
166 Posts
So I'm not alone in observing the Polestar app being battery hungry, thanks. Good to know, even if it's not good.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts

I haven't checked specific battery usage, but I noticed that while the app was running the phone got pretty hot. Definitely not a good sign.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,202 Posts
Do you need to keep the app on all the time to maintain a connection? Or just start it up when going to your car?

·
Registered
California
482 Posts
Do you need to keep the app on all the time to maintain a connection? Or just start it up when going to your car?
In theory the app keeps functioning as a Bluetooth key in the background and you shouldn’t need to do anything.

It took Tesla a good number of updates to get this working well across a number of different phones — and on iPhone I still had to remember to open the Tesla app after a software update or any kind of phone restart.

(This stuff is one of several reasons I keep bringing up CarKey / Car Connectivity Consortium standards.)

201 - 220 of 531 Posts