Polestar Forum banner

241 - 260 of 531 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
No thanks, I don't plan to become an iPhone user anytime soon 😉.

But seriously though, it must be a difference between the Android and the iOS apps. Hopefully app updates will rolled out more frequently than we are seeing OTA updates.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Just completed mine and set up the digital key. Works just fine. The remote activations aren't working, I guess I wait for the 36 hours, no big deal there.

One frustration is that in order to have the app in English I have to choose the UK as my region. This means the range is quoted in miles... Not so useful in Sweden.

I mentioned language and region being hard linked on the Facebook page and they acknowledged it and said it would be changed in the future.

Edit: I notice we don't yet have the nice light show when approaching the car with digital key. I'm sure this was a thing that was advertised?
Could try English in Canada, they use KM.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Am I the only one in the US who didn't get the OTA yesterday? 450 cars yesterday seems like it should be most of those on the road.
Ours just started to download around noon EST but it still doesn't say it is ready for install...

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,438 Posts
Posted today on the official Facebook forum...

Looks like today was the day then - if I'd been driving the car! Might nip out tomorrow to see if it's downloaded it. Or just leave it locked but in Parked mode for 30 minutes on the drive. Just in case :).

·
Registered
691 Posts
So I am a maybe in the US number. Yes they deployed it to me, but it didn't stick. I finally called CS and after several gyrations to prove that yes, I did all the right stuffs on my side they are going to try to "push it again" whatever that means. They did take my contact info and VIN - interesting that they didn't have that info already as I used the Connect button in the car. You would think they would have set it up to preload all the customer and car info on connection but it seems all it does is "speed dial" on a dedicated connection. The car knows it's making a Connect call, but to CS it's just another call. Heck, they could have put the VIN in the CallerID info or have a database that correlates source number to customer/vehicle info. Anyway, enough whining - hopefully they figure this out.

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nexbase Dashcam, One Pedal Maniac!
242 Posts
My OTA update is installing now. I got my first needle today and after leaving the pharmacy my P2 prompted me to install. I was still near work so I pressed the "later" button and planned to engage it tonight. I've been an android user for several years now so I am a little shy to say I didn't know to pull down on the top of the display to find the software update notification. I was all over the menus on my display and could not find the button to activate the update.
Car has locked and shut down completely with a flash of the Polestar logo on the driver display before going black.
Now this! Kind of like a moment from Tron or Wall-E when Eva's all locked up with the leaf light flashing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 2
2,202 Posts
After briefly driving around, I agree with @kkonstan that the pedal mappings have changed somewhat.
On the throttle side, it seems to me to be less 'dead' in the first bit of travel and then ramps up from there, so there's less of an inflection. I like it much better. So long as there is a difference and this isn't all psychological, I feel like this is a better balance of low speed control and get-up-and-go quickness.

On the braking side, it seems like they made the mapping a little less linear, so it's a lighter degree of braking per unit of lift off, with more aggressive braking at the end of lift off (only tested in OPD Standard). I think this biases towards more coasting, relatively, which should be more efficient. Took me a hot second to get used to it, and I think I am now, but until I've completely incorporated it I think it will mean more brake pedal use and more conscious effort in handling curves. Not exactly sure how I feel about it since I really liked OPD from the start and through the last update and this is different. Not necessarily worse - just different.

·
Registered
125 Posts
How do you know when the update is done? I poked the Install Now button, closed and locked the doors with the charging cable disconnected. Nothing on the display and the red alarm light is blinking. How do you know when it’s done and ok to open the doors again?

·
Registered
972 Posts
How do you know when the update is done? I poked the Install Now button, closed and locked the doors with the charging cable disconnected. Nothing on the display and the red alarm light is blinking. How do you know when it’s done and ok to open the doors again?
I think the car just won't unlock if it's still updating (or if it all went sideways).

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think the car just won't unlock if it's still updating (or if it all went sideways).
Ok so periodically try opening the door and if it won’t unlock, try again later? Perhaps they should keep the display on and showing the status.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
614 Posts
After briefly driving around, I agree with @kkonstan that the pedal mappings have changed somewhat.
So far you and @mroek also reported this, it’s probably safe to say we’re not imagining things.

For acceleration the change is subtle indeed and I barely noticed it but what still annoys me is that the stopping distance when lifting off is far longer than it was. Before, I could drive all day without touching the brake pedal but this update ruined OPD for me.

I wish they’d left the previous standard mode as an option (call it high?)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Ok so periodically try opening the door and if it won’t unlock, try again later? Perhaps they should keep the display on and showing the status.
I'd just give it an hour and a half of alone time, and then give it a shot.

This was mentioned in the Q&A, something they're looking into.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,202 Posts
I wish they’d left the previous standard mode as an option (call it high?)
How about “XTREAM”?

but yeah. “Standard” now is more like an average of “Standard” and “Low” before. Wonder if they could put a opd slider to control the strength?

·
Registered
972 Posts
How about “XTREAM”?

but yeah. “Standard” now is more like an average of “Standard” and “Low” before. Wonder if they could put a opd slider to control the strength?
XTREAM RE:G3N

·
Registered
147 Posts
Excited for y'all with pets/kids that wait in the car - you can now have the air on without having to sit in the driver seat. 👏

I didn't see anything on the car's screens indicating that climate control is on though, so folks may still break your windows and call the cops. 😥

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nexbase Dashcam, One Pedal Maniac!
242 Posts
XTREAM RE:G3N
I wonder if Polestar might be concerned about too little brake pad use. I have been using my brakes once per day and firmly to keep them clean.

I could go for even stronger Regen breaking so if it's been trimmed down I'll likely be a little grumpy tomorrow on the way to work.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd just give it an hour and a half of alone time, and then give it a shot.

This was mentioned in the Q&A, something they're looking into.
Put me down as another Success! The phone paired and the digital key is working great. My iPhone 12 Pro Max was happy on the charger, too.

241 - 260 of 531 Posts