Polestar Forum banner

741 - 760 of 831 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Google is looking for ubiquity. Home, work, car, phone, computer, watch, TV. Hell, when I read books to my kids Google is following along with us playing accompanying sound effects and music. At this point, they want to be in your car just so Apple and Amazon won’t.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Exactly what data do people think Google are getting from this car that they wouldn’t get from being in literally any car with an Android phone in your pocket?
There were 196 million iPhones sold last year.

Not to mention many people aren't going to mess with their phones while driving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Polestar app was updated to v3.1 on my iOS phone yesterday. I'm not sure if this was in the prior version, but in the Polestar app Car Settings it says that to use the Digital Key I need to allow the app to access "Motion & Fitness". When I go to iOS Settings / Privacy / Motion & Fitness" the Polestar app doesn't show there. It should show up there the first time it requests access to Motion & Fitness, but hasn't yet.

While the app works for battery, locking and climate, I've never been able to get it to work as a key. I"m wondering if this is the reason?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
The Polestar app was updated to v3.1 on my iOS phone yesterday. I'm not sure if this was in the prior version, but in the Polestar app Car Settings it says that to use the Digital Key I need to allow the app to access "Motion & Fitness". When I go to iOS Settings / Privacy / Motion & Fitness" the Polestar app doesn't show there. It should show up there the first time it requests access to Motion & Fitness, but hasn't yet.

While the app works for battery, locking and climate, I've never been able to get it to work as a key. I"m wondering if this is the reason?
I've heard that was in the old version, but it does sound like it's new. Apple made some changes to their privacy policy, so maybe it was there before and Polestar is just now prompting for it.

Couldn't tell you why, best guess is it's a way to keep the app awake so the key works, but no clue. I don't think polestar has answered the person who asked on the FB group.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Google is looking for ubiquity. Home, work, car, phone, computer, watch, TV. Hell, when I read books to my kids Google is following along with us playing accompanying sound effects and music. At this point, they want to be in your car just so Apple and Amazon won’t.
Bingo.

I need to look into that book reading feature!

·
Registered
632 Posts

Same here. Looking for a fix.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,397 Posts
I just tried this a couple times today.
if you swipe down on the app status screen it seems to refresh the SOC and lock status panels. Doing so seems to mean I don’t have to restart the app in order to get the data the way I was doing before.
I could be fooling myself and hallucinating but this seems to be what’s going on

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
759 Posts
I just tried this a couple times today.
if you swipe down on the app status screen it seems to refresh the SOC and lock status panels. Doing so seems to mean I don’t have to restart the app in order to get the data the way I was doing before.
I could be fooling myself and hallucinating but this seems to be what’s going on
Yeah, works for me too on iOS.

Too bad they went form over function and broke every human interface guideline on iOS while at it.

The car tab UI is terrible and can't imagine how it can evolve from here in a sensible fashion as features are added. More tiles is only going to get them that far.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
585 Posts
Same here. Looking for a fix.
@peterc and @StarPole read my post above about 12 v battery disconnect. Unpair your phone, 12 v battery disconnect, let car reboot/settle and repeat pairing. Worked for me after ensuring I’d reset virtually everything. I then got the relevant Bluetooth and authorisation prompts that I wasn’t getting before.

The above just helps in getting the PAK working as my app was always stable and functional.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Disabling and renabling the digital key for me worked (I keep mine disabled and only enabled it to test the new version)
No, what I mean is I can’t activate the key to begin with (can’t turn it “on”). I can pair and unpair the app on the phone, but when the app tries to generate a digital key it gets hung up and fails.

·
Registered
714 Posts
@peterc and @StarPole read my post above about 12 v battery disconnect. Unpair your phone, 12 v battery disconnect, let car reboot/settle and repeat pairing. Worked for me after ensuring I’d reset virtually everything. I then got the relevant Bluetooth and authorisation prompts that I wasn’t getting before.

The above just helps in getting the PAK working as my app was always stable and functional.
I tried your method and now I can't re-pair to the car at all 🙁. Hopefully it's just something simple like the server side still clearing up the old connection. I had the same as you, app worked just fine but PAK failed not long after creation.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
585 Posts
I tried your method and now I can't re-pair to the car at all 🙁. Hopefully it's just something simple like the server side still clearing up the old connection. I had the same as you, app worked just fine but PAK failed not long after creation.
You will get there. I did the TCAM reset, infotainment reset and cleared the app cache just to be safe. Also ensured that I fully deleted the app and restarted after the car had rebooted…all worth a try. Mine has been solid since the 12v reset.

·
Registered
251 Posts
FWIW, I'm going on 7 days of the PAK/DK working without issue. iPhone 12 Pro Max with current OS and current Polestar app. Knock on the dash's wood veneer.

·
Premium Member
Snow Performance Napa Hitch
80 Posts

Like others are noting above, I just picked up my car and repeated attempts to connect the app as a key function have been unsuccessful. Running the latest app version on an iPhone 12 Max.

·
Registered
714 Posts
You will get there. I did the TCAM reset, infotainment reset and cleared the app cache just to be safe. Also ensured that I fully deleted the app and restarted after the car had rebooted…all worth a try. Mine has been solid since the 12v reset.
Yeah I've tried all combinations of those things too.
The good news is when I re-tried to connect phone and car this morning after leaving it overnight, it connected immediately. Here's to hoping it sticks this time!

·
Registered
108 Posts
My phone as a key part has stopped working Again. Three times mow I’ve reset it, it works for 24 hours then craps out….

741 - 760 of 831 Posts