Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excited to have physical paper operators and service manuals being delivered UPS tomorrow. Had to search everywhere on how to order these (they are printed per individual request). Polestar phone customer service did not have a clue, but the email customer service sent me to a web page that I could not have found. You have to pay for them with a handling and shipping charge, but I cannot live without them (especially since the in car electronic manuals still do not work). Hopefully Polestar will see a pattern and make one exception to the disruptive technology model and include manuals in future production.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Had to search everywhere on how to order these (they are printed per individual request). Polestar phone customer service did not have a clue, but the email customer service sent me to a web page that I could not have found.
Excellent! How much did they cost. How do I get them?

I've also relied on Bentley manuals in the past. I wonder if there will ever be a good 3rd party manual on the Polestar 2.

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
415 Posts
Totally get them wanting to reduce waste, but they could at least make the manual an added option for those who want it.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I've never looked ... but what's the white book in the Glove Box?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Excited to have physical paper operators and service manuals being delivered UPS tomorrow. Had to search everywhere on how to order these (they are printed per individual request). Polestar phone customer service did not have a clue, but the email customer service sent me to a web page that I could not have found. You have to pay for them with a handling and shipping charge, but I cannot live without them (especially since the in car electronic manuals still do not work). Hopefully Polestar will see a pattern and make one exception to the disruptive technology model and include manuals in future production.
Can we get the link to that website from you?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've never looked ... but what's the white book in the Glove Box?
Some warranty stuff, and a small "manual" with stuff that I guess was missing from the digital early versions.

·
Registered
California
327 Posts
I really don’t want to generate paper waste, but I find the web version of the manual incredibly frustrating to use. I sent customer support a list of ways in which the web site is poorly designed, but who knows if they ever bother forwarding that on to the actual web developers.

The biggest thing is once I’m reading a specific page I can’t pop back up just one section. “Back” browser button works just like clicking/tapping their “Back to Home” link — all the way up to top level table of contents instead of the section I’d drilled into. And “Related Pages” isn’t an exhaustive list of all the other pages within that section.

Very frustrating when I was just trying to linearly read through every collision avoidance system so I know what specifically I should be terrified of while driving.

With most of my previous vehicles I found PDF versions of the paper manual and read through those anyway. I’d probably be perfectly happy with that, now that I think about it.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,026 Posts
There are a couple of links to PDF versions in the FAQ thread - one is an official one from August of last year, and the other is one I "scraped" from the manual website with an automated script, so it looks rubbish but is more up to date.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Excellent! How much did they cost. How do I get them?

I've also relied on Bentley manuals in the past. I wonder if there will ever be a good 3rd party manual on the Polestar 2.
A printed Manual and associated supplement can be ordered. Contact Polestar Support for orders

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
369 Posts
Is it a legal requirement for them to provide this in US and Canada?

Whats great is there is a single place to order all the special tools, handy if you want to work on these cars.

What’s less than great that they charge $6 for individual items of documentation, most of which are probably a couple of pages long checklists!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Is it a legal requirement for them to provide this in US and Canada?

Whats great is there is a single place to order all the special tools, handy if you want to work on these cars.

What’s less than great that they charge $6 for individual items of documentation, most of which are probably a couple of pages long checklists!
The manual? Not in the US, but I think they're required to provide warranty info.

A hidden perk of that site is you can see the TSBs that have been issued (like the steering column noise). Maybe worth a scrape to compile somewhere?

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
369 Posts
The manual? Not in the US, but I think they're required to provide warranty info.

A hidden perk of that site is you can see the TSBs that have been issued (like the steering column noise). Maybe worth a scrape to compile somewhere?
Oh there’s a TSB for this now, I should take mine in for remedial action then.

Has anyone had that problem sorted by a dealer in the U.K. yet?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Be careful when ordering. It is a very buggy webpage and unclear process. I ended up with a Polestar 1 supplement and a Polestar 2 Warranty booklet when I ordered the Polestar 2 owners Manual. I have to start over.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Be careful when ordering. It is a very buggy webpage and unclear process. I ended up with a Polestar 1 supplement and a Polestar 2 Warranty booklet when I ordered the Polestar 2 owners Manual. I have to start over.
Did you get a confirmation email ? I ordered a manual too and it did take my credit card but I never got any confirmation and nothing showed up on my credit card statement yet.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts