Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Did you get a confirmation email ? I ordered a manual too and it did take my credit card but I never got any confirmation and nothing showed up on my credit card statement yet.
Yes. I got a confirmation invoice via email immediately. Unfortunately I did not read it carefully and discover the Polestar 1 manual was listed and not the Polestar 2 I had ordered. Thus I did not get what I wanted and have to reorder the right one. It comes from Ken Cook Co. for whatever reason.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yes. I got a confirmation invoice via email immediately. Unfortunately I did not read it carefully and discover the Polestar 1 manual was listed and not the Polestar 2 I had ordered. Thus I did not get what I wanted and have to reorder the right one. It comes from Ken Cook Co. for whatever reason.
How long did it take before the item arrived ? I'll play it safe and just wait a bit before re-ordering.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks like if you order the PS2 manual, The UK is not a permissable entry from the dropdown menu when checking out of your shopping cart. Time to load my printer :-((
Checked with Lauren (P* UK Customer services who is great - !) she asked around & appears not currently available in UK

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
129 Posts
I asked Dutch Polestar CS for a link to any online pdf-file of the (full) usermanual in Dutch language because i know there is an English pdf-version online. They replied that they could not help me and send me only a link to the usermanual on the Polestar website support page. I realy was dissappointed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Be careful when ordering. It is a very buggy webpage and unclear process. I ended up with a Polestar 1 supplement and a Polestar 2 Warranty booklet when I ordered the Polestar 2 owners Manual. I have to start over.
I was careful. I ordered and paid $65 (incl. shipping) a Polestar 2 Manual Canada in English and I got a Polestar 2 Supplement (few pages) in French !
I called them and now they are confused... They are just some remote printing service. The packing slip and invoice was correct, but what was with it was incorrect. To make it more complicated the reference number for the Supplement (printed inside) is the same number associated to the full manual in their system. No wonder it doesn't work...
Going back to the website, they have taken off the Polestar 2 Manual Canada in English and now only show it available in French. On the phone I was asked whether people in Canada also speak English. What a gong show ! Be warned !

·
Registered
151 Posts
Be careful when ordering. It is a very buggy webpage and unclear process. I ended up with a Polestar 1 supplement and a Polestar 2 Warranty booklet when I ordered the Polestar 2 owners Manual. I have to start over.
Same here. I received a tinny 10-20 page French supplement of a few items. Paid $50 or so for what was described as the P2 owners manual Canadian . I've contact customer support a week ago. Haven't heard back. I'll pass along more details when I get them.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Same here. I received a tinny 10-20 page French supplement of a few items. Paid $50 or so for what was described as the P2 owners manual Canadian . I've contact customer support a week ago. Haven't heard back. I'll pass along more details when I get them.
This is just ridiculous. That makes it 3 of us on this forum. The Connect leaflet costs $1. I ordered and got that as well. It has 6 pages. The warranty booklet is $18 (which I did not order - it came with the car) The full manual is $28.
Don't tell me that the supplement (came with the car anyway) which is half of the thickness of the warranty booklet is $28. As I explained in my previous post, the supplement reference number printed in the French supplement happens to have the same number as what was listed on their website as the "Owners Manual 2021 Polestar 2 - Canada, English", which they since have taken down...
I ordered just the Connect leaflet and the full manual and paid $65 (1+28 and the rest ground shipping ).
This is not sitting well with me. It's clearly described as "Owners Manual 2021 Polestar 2 - Canada" (588 pages). Don't give me the BS about "We only have a quick reference guide owner's manual..." and "I didn't know people in Canada also speak English" !
There really are limits to this nonsense ! Can Polestar not just put a manual in the car !? And ok - I get it - save a tree, but if you then have to pay for it (which I happily do), don't turn it into yet an other ordeal to just order a book. Why is this so difficult !?

EDIT : and BTW I'm French speaking, but if I order something in English, I want it in English - Canadian English and a manual not a leaflet !

·
Registered
151 Posts
This is just ridiculous. That makes it 3 of us on this forum. The Connect leaflet costs $1. I ordered and got that as well. It has 6 pages. The warranty booklet is $18 (which I did not order - it came with the car) The full manual is $28.
Don't tell me that the supplement (came with the car anyway) which is half of the thickness of the warranty booklet is $28. As I explained in my previous post, the supplement reference number printed in the French supplement happens to have the same number as what was listed on their website as the "Owners Manual 2021 Polestar 2 - Canada, English", which they since have taken down...
I ordered just the Connect leaflet and the full manual and paid $65 (1+28 and the rest ground shipping ).
This is not sitting well with me. It's clearly described as "Owners Manual 2021 Polestar 2 - Canada" (588 pages). Don't give me the BS about "We only have a quick reference guide owner's manual..." and "I didn't know people in Canada also speak English" !
There really are limits to this nonsense ! Can Polestar not just put a manual in the car !? And ok - I get it - save a tree, but if you then have to pay for it (which I happily do), don't turn it into yet an other ordeal to just order a book. Why is this so difficult !?

EDIT : and BTW I'm French speaking, but if I order something in English, I want it in English - Canadian English and a manual not a leaflet !
Do we know what the correct item number is for the manual even if the description is wrong? Maybe it's $1 😂. I have the full PDF of the manual but I didn't want to try and print it myself.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Do we know what the correct item number is for the manual even if the description is wrong? Maybe it's $1 😂. I have the full PDF of the manual but I didn't want to try and print it myself.
The PDF of the manual has reference number Pxxxxx in the footer (seriously xxxxx).

·
Registered
151 Posts
The PDF of the manual has reference number Pxxxxx in the footer (seriously xxxxx).
Literally just received this e-mail now.

Hi Justin,

We apologize for the delayed response.

Currently, Polestar is only offering the Supplemental Owner’s Manual. The Full Owner’s Manual will not be offered for sale.

Do to the confusion on our site, we have issued you credit back in full for the order that you placed – POLE001026. You should see this credit appear within 5 business days.

We are working on updating the site to provide better descriptions of the manuals that we offer.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Best Regards,
PolestarTechHub Bookstore Administrator

·
Registered
296 Posts
Update. There are NO PHYSICAL manuals. They CAN NOT be ordered. Here's what I received this morning as a reply:

Currently, Polestar is only offering the Supplemental Owner’s Manual. The Full Owner’s Manual will not be offered for sale.
Do to the confusion on our site, we have issued you credit back in full for the order that you placed – POLE00XXXX. You should see this credit appear within 5 business days.
We are working on updating the site to provide better descriptions of the manuals that we offer.

Again - what an incredible gong show. CS saying you can order full manuals at the Techhub. Techhub posting that they sell full manuals, letting you pay online, then sending out a leaflet after three weeks for $65 and then having to retract their statement saying there are simply no manuals ?!? Anybody understands this ? Is it just me ? 😡

EDIT : @KanedaKid : we posted the exact same thing seconds apart... see above - so it's not just me ...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
But, the next question is... Why not? Why not offer a full user's manual? Some of us enjoy working on our cars.

Meh.

Reactions: JMP2

·
Registered
296 Posts
But, the next question is... Why not? Why not offer a full user's manual? Some of us enjoy working on our cars.

Meh.
That can only be understood by people that have common sense and can clearly articulate what they offer or don't have to offer... Clearly there's a bunch at Polestar (or their support services) that don't fall in the latter category. They are really starting to hit a sensitive nerve with me. But... I enjoy the car !

·
Registered
382 Posts

Meh.
Need to track down a Service Manual for our own wrenching, but I could imagine it being exceptionally difficult to obtain because of the electrocution risk. Might be able to ask a local Volvo shop (not dealer) and see how they order their manuals.

I can imagine all the reasons they don't have a paper owner's manual: more environmentally friendly, less glove box clutter, there's a digital manual available, blah blah. That would all be well and good if the digital manual wasn't BROKEN for most owners! At the LEAST, they should just make a downloadable PDF of the owner's manual available in all languages.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
129 Posts
I emailed CS a few times about getting a Dutch full manual, if not on paper then as pdf.
I got this answer (the link is to the Dutch manual on the Dutch Polestar Support Page):

‘Thank you for your e-mail. The only Dutch manual we have is the one in the link below. Polestar is a digital and nature-conscious brand, which is why we don't have paper books.

In the link below you have the complete Polestar manual:’

i still think that the PDF file manual (almost 600 pages) is more extended than the online manual.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I emailed CS a few times about getting a Dutch full manual if not on paper then as pdf.
I got this answer (the link is to the Dutch manual on the Dutch Polestar Support Page

‘Thank you for your e-mail. The only Dutch manual we have is the one in the link below. Polestar is a digital and nature-conscious brand, which is why we don't have paper books.

In the link below you have the complete Polestar manual:’

i still think that the PDF file manual (almost 600 pages) is more extended than the online manual.
The online manual is fine if you know what you're looking for, but if you're just reading through to learn about the car it's the fucking worst. It would be better if they gave you a "next/previous article" option, not a bunch of suggestions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Excited to have physical paper operators and service manuals being delivered UPS tomorrow. Had to search everywhere on how to order these (they are printed per individual request). Polestar phone customer service did not have a clue, but the email customer service sent me to a web page that I could not have found. You have to pay for them with a handling and shipping charge, but I cannot live without them (especially since the in car electronic manuals still do not work). Hopefully Polestar will see a pattern and make one exception to the disruptive technology model and include manuals in future production.
Sorry. It was my error. I discovered they only offer the 39 page supplement which came in the glovebox and not a full paper manual. That still does not seem to exist. I too find the electronic version cumbersome and only resort to it when I absolutely have to. Half the time I cannot find the answer to my question when I try.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts