Polestar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2022 PoleStar 2 - Dual Motors - Void
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This plastic panel along the front doors was not very thought out and is very annoying:

Automotive tire Automotive design Sleeve Grey Collar

It constantly catches my jacket or arm going in and out of the drivers side as I enter or exit if I'm not paying attention. I have to bang it back in with my hand. Is this happening with anybody else? I'm thinking of just pulling it out or taping it. It's just freaking annoying!

· Registered
2022 PoleStar 2 - Dual Motors - Void
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They definitely didn't think this trim out very well. Yes it snaps back in, but one day it's going to break. Every time my son borrows my car the trim is out, he doesn't even notice it and it probably pulls on his side or jacket getting in and out. Just a matter of time...

· Banned
1,236 Posts
Never had this happen to My P2 over the past 7-8 months, so just went out to check (maybe I never noticed before, or maybe I’m more careful getting in/out of the car?)

Just observed that the trim piece you are complaining about, is where it should be and I see no place that I would easily catch the trim piece while exiting the car.

But, if I had, my solution would be to put a small piece of color-matching black/gray duct tape across the seam, where you might snag the trim? I’ve done this on other cars I’ve owned, that had something that I would snag while exiting the car, and it fixed the problem. Good luck.

But it is, what it is…so you either find a solution yourself, or just learn to live with it.

· Registered
2022 LRDM pilot plus 20”
137 Posts
The clips can become loose.. try removing the panel…. Open both doors and pull the panel out from the bottom up… there are 6 metal spring clips I think I recall and then pull down as there are 2 tabs that go into the frame on top.. slide the clips out and stretch them out so that when they go back into their sliders they are tight… you could coat them in cloth tape also as many people do to prevent rattles then reinstall pushing the top tabs up and giving the trim a solid push at each clip location… will be solid as a rock after that

· Registered
11 Posts
This plastic panel along the front doors was not very thought out and is very annoying:

View attachment 21611

It constantly catches my jacket or arm going in and out of the drivers side as I enter or exit if I'm not paying attention. I have to bang it back in with my hand. Is this happening with anybody else? I'm thinking of just pulling it out or taping it. It's just freaking annoying!
Me too - annoying

· Registered
184 Posts

View attachment 21611

Yes this happens mostly on the driver's side - very annoying though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts