Polestar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went onto the app and saw a charge point nearby. When I turned up, it was run by a company called ESB and was for taxis only.

is there any way of finding out on the app which locations allow cars rather than taxis.

Most annoying.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sorry can’t help with your specific question; I don’t think you can.

And many chargers are not on plugsurfing.

I turned up at a stop just to see plugsurfing would have charged an extra 30p/kWh over the instant price if you just pay with your card.

I find myself using zap map to locate a charger, and then checking when I get there if plugsurfing is cheaper or easier to use. No every time so far.

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
554 Posts
Yeah I do the same. I’ve not actually used Plugsurfing yet cos every time I’ve checked the charge point is either not available on the app or more expensive than using direct. Bit of a waste of time so far tbh! 😀

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Yup, bin it and go with ZapMap and stick to the reliable networks (look at the comments for each charger on ZapMap to get an idea).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I do the same. I’ve not actually used Plugsurfing yet cos every time I’ve checked the charge point is either not available on the app or more expensive than using direct. Bit of a waste of time so far tbh! 😀
Thanks so much. Annoying that some charge points are out of action when you turn up !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have been recently using MOOVILITY nicely presented and easy to use, you can choose Apple or Google maps for the route.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts