Polestar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got this working under Android Automotive? I’m signed in with the same login as on my other devices but don’t see any of my subscribed podcasts. In fact today all I got was a searching icon, as if there was no data available. I was streaming music in the same location so not a signal issue.

·
Registered
575 Posts
"let me just get some more information on that for you"
(Closes).
If i hear that one more time.....:mad::mad::mad:
I can't even get the radio to work properly!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone got this working under Android Automotive? I’m signed in with the same login as on my other devices but don’t see any of my subscribed podcasts. In fact today all I got was a searching icon, as if there was no data available. I was streaming music in the same location so not a signal issue.
Got it working fine, however it doesn't seem to cache/ download podcasts so if your
connectivity is poor, the app doesn't do much

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it working fine, however it doesn't seem to cache/ download podcasts so if your
connectivity is poor, the app doesn't do much
A week on and I'm finding the same. It synced when I connected to my phone's hotspot over wifi but not since, showing some episodes from July but nothing since for MacBreak Weekly. I might as well play from my iphone or just ask Google to play the latest episode of...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I might as well play from my iphone or just ask Google to play the latest episode of.. .
Thank you for reminding me of this!

I use Google PodCast app on my phone. That also means around the home I can ask the various 'google home' devices to play the podcasts. They invariable continue for where I left off. The car uses Google Assistant, so should be able to pick up with the podcast I was listening to a few minutes before in the house.

I shall test this tomorrow! Thank you hedwri.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for reminding me of this!

I use Google PodCast app on my phone. That also means around the home I can ask the various 'google home' devices to play the podcasts. They invariable continue for where I left off. The car uses Google Assistant, so should be able to pick up with the podcast I was listening to a few minutes before in the house.

I shall test this tomorrow! Thank you hedwri.

You're welcome 🙂. Please advise if syncing works, if so then I might make the switch away from Overcast which I use on my iPhone at the moment. I couldn't see a Google Podcasts app in the Google Automotive Playstore so I guess it's baked in?

·
Registered
203 Posts
You're welcome 🙂. Please advise if syncing works, if so then I might make the switch away from Overcast which I use on my iPhone at the moment. I couldn't see a Google Podcasts app in the Google Automotive Playstore so I guess it's baked in?
Google Assistant on the Google home has it baked in. To some extent, you have proved it by asking Google on the P2 to play a podcast.

So I was interested in this and have checked.

I asked Google to play a podcast on my Google home. This is not much different than playing the podcast on my phone using the app. So I said OK GOOGLE PLAY THIS WEEK IN GOOGLE

It started to play the podcast TWIG. After a few minutes, I said. OK GOOGLE STOP PODCAST.

Turned the car on, and through the embedded connection. OK GOOGLE CONTINUE PODCAST, it started off where I had left off.

I also subscribe to several podcasts, So when I ask OK GOOGLE PLAY PODCAST, it goes through the latest episodes of podcasts in my list, so I can choose the one I want to listen to.

There are probably lots of other things you can do, but its a question of guessing the commands for google assistant.

You could try this advice from Google, its aimed at the Google Home, but sure most of it will work in the car.

Listen to podcasts - Android - Google Nest Help

It is now a question as to whether Google hosts your podcasts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Google Assistant on the Google home has it baked in. To some extent, you have proved it by asking Google on the P2 to play a podcast.

So I was interested in this and have checked.

I asked Google to play a podcast on my Google home. This is not much different than playing the podcast on my phone using the app. So I said OK GOOGLE PLAY THIS WEEK IN GOOGLE

It started to play the podcast TWIG. After a few minutes, I said. OK GOOGLE STOP PODCAST.

Turned the car on, and through the embedded connection. OK GOOGLE CONTINUE PODCAST, it started off where I had left off.

I also subscribe to several podcasts, So when I ask OK GOOGLE PLAY PODCAST, it goes through the latest episodes of podcasts in my list, so I can choose the one I want to listen to.

There are probably lots of other things you can do, but its a question of guessing the commands for google assistant.

You could try this advice from Google, its aimed at the Google Home, but sure most of it will work in the car.

Listen to podcasts - Android - Google Nest Help

It is now a question as to whether Google hosts your podcasts
Thanks for testing it. It looks as if all my podcasts are covered. I can"t see a sleep timer function on the iphone app though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts