Polestar Forum banner

221 - 240 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,010 Posts
It's somewhat shut at the moment! However it does have some very good dog walking paths leading from the car park, so (now that we know the code to get out!) we shall definitely try again. Who knows, we might get more charge put in at 11kW on the a.c. charger than using the CCS and having it cut out after 10 minutes!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Apparently also the BP Pulse app will soon be getting kW charge rate information and battery state of charge on the app! Hooray!

But you didn't hear that 🤐

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have now received 2 RFID cards with different card IDs. Any ideas how you work out which one has been assigned to your account? Cheers 🤦‍♂️
Same here, not sure why but the next time I'm out and need a charge I'll check which one works. Marked up the new one so that I know which one worked

·
Registered
359 Posts
Waiting for my card to arrive before being able to add my Polestar code. Spoke to BP yesterday who said it will still be ok to add after 31st December (CS guy had spoken to his supervisor).
In the meantime found a 50kW charger in Wetherby (3 miles away) rub by Engie which is mainly in Yorkshire. You need to register but the charging is free until October 2021. It is located near M & S and Morrison's so very handy for topping up when shopping. If you are coming up the A1 well worth a stop rather than the services as some nice shops and cafes within a short walk as well as fish and chips. Don't spend too long there though as they charge £10.00 if you go over 75 minutes.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I find a discrepancy with the map on their app not showing chargers which their website shows. When I search Norfolk and Suffolk I see no chargers. Using the website I see chargers in Norwich and Scole. When I take the charger ID and use that in the App it then finds the charger and shows its status. I don't have any filters turned on. Does anyone else have this problem?

My status in the app went to Active for the second time after about three weeks, and I was able to apply the voucher, the RFID card arrived a couple of days ago. I found emailing BP of no use, they never replied to any question I asked about activating the account and also ignored all tweets. Phoning did elicit a response, they would look into it, but never any follow-up.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I find a discrepancy with the map on their app not showing chargers which their website shows. When I search Norfolk and Suffolk I see no chargers. Using the website I see chargers in Norwich and Scole. When I take the charger ID and use that in the App it then finds the charger and shows its status. I don't have any filters turned on. Does anyone else have this problem?
Yes, this has been discussed before. The last update was meant to fix it but it still happens intermittently, they are aware. You could try signing out and back in to the app. That worked for me once, let us know if it works for you please?
Edit: I just tried logging out, it didn’t fix it this time. Norfolk and Suffolk are missing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yes, this has been discussed before. The last update was meant to fix it but it still happens intermittently, they are aware. You could try signing out and back in to the app. That worked for me once, let us know if it works for you please?
Edit: I just tried logging out, it didn’t fix it this time. Norfolk and Suffolk are missing.
I tried logging out, deleting and reinstalling the app. It made no difference.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Same here. In the end I had to get customer service and the actual app team themselves to take a look specifically at my account. Try Tweeting them and raising a customer service complaint as their apps team do look at both - I promise you.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I sent BP an email and go this back :

The current process for the Polestar Offer is as follows;

• Customer signs up
  • DD mandate accepted by bank (this can take up to three days)
  • bp pulse app shows membership 'pending'
  • RFID card issued by bp pulse
  • Customer receives RFID card (usually within 5-7 days however this is taking longer at the present time due to covid restrictions and high demand)

Once you have received your RFID card

• Re-enter VIN number to activate offer via bp pulse app or network.bppulse.co.uk this can be entered into the partner code box on your account
  • bp pulse app membership active & £450 balance

If you are still unable to gain access can you attempt to reset your password and let us know any error codes that appear.

This may work better via the web rather than the app but please do reinstall the app as this may assist.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Ooh, that'd be nice. :) Maybe I'll swing by in the coming days and try again.

Is there a website login as well I can see noted above? Can't login to Polar Plus - the UK's largest public charging network with the details I use for the app.
Quick follow up. A) like others I've also had a second RFID card through the post, several weeks after the first. No idea why. B) the above charge never appeared on my account, and a second charge up on the 30th (different charger) hasn't appeared either. Maybe I have a magical RFID card enabling free self charging forever - Toyota will go nuts when they hear about this... ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
The current process for the Polestar Offer is as follows
  • Customer signs up
  • DD mandate accepted by bank (this can take up to three days)
  • bp pulse app shows membership 'pending'
  • RFID card issued by bp pulse
  • Customer receives RFID card (usually within 5-7 days however this is taking longer at the present time due to covid restrictions and high demand)
Once you have received your RFID card
  • Re-enter VIN number to activate offer via bp pulse app or network.bppulse.co.uk this can be entered into the partner code box on your account
  • bp pulse app membership active & £450 balance
If you are still unable to gain access can you attempt to reset your password and let us know any error codes that appear.

This may work better via the web rather than the app but please do reinstall the app as this may assist.
Am new to all this and car due in feb. A couple of questions regardiung the above instructions
1. Should i register etc all via the website and install the app afterwards
2. My car is due late Feb so should i signup on the 'trial' basis now?
Thanks,

·
Registered
266 Posts
Am new to all this and car due in feb. A couple of questions regardiung the above instructions
1. Should i register etc all via the website and install the app afterwards
2. My car is due late Feb so should i signup on the 'trial' basis now?
Thanks,
You get 12 months from when you apply the code, so I'd wait until the car arrives before applying it. I would register for the BP Pulse about 2 weeks before the car is due, as that can take a little while, but there's not point getting the membership now unless you already have an electric car that can be charged at the Pulse points

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I'd get the BP Pulse app and Direct Debit registration done as soon as possible, as sometimes it gets stuck in "Pending" instead of your account being "Active". Then there's plenty of time for the system to settle down before you put your VIN in to register for the free credit, which I'd do a day or two before receiving the car (to give you chance to call them when it doesn't go through properly!).

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'd get the BP Pulse app and Direct Debit registration done as soon as possible, as sometimes it gets stuck in "Pending" instead of your account being "Active". Then there's plenty of time for the system to settle down before you put your VIN in to register for the free credit, which I'd do a day or two before receiving the car (to give you chance to call them when it doesn't go through properly!).
so my experience was that as soon as my RFID card arrived it was all straight forward, before that I was stuck in a proper Groundhog Day loop. Card arrived, reset password again and added VIN - £450 credited, move on with life and start thinking about other things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone managed to get this setup yet? Got the email this AM, and have set up the app, but can't make it accept the VIN as Offer code either during setup or afterwards per instructions in the Polestar email.

Thanks
Exactly the same problem....have even emailed BP Pulse customer services 3 days ago...and no response.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I found that replying to their publicity tweets with "Pity mine still doesn't work after 3 weeks isn't it?" quickly got a response from fairly senior people in their helpdesk!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Does anyone’s BPPulse account show their previous Polar credit? CS assure me mine was transferred but my account only shows a £450 credit balance.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Got them (CS) to refund the Pay as you Go credit of £10 as I was fed up trying yo get them to transfer it. Don't now see the point of the App, you just need the card.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Mine shows the £450 credit.

It also shows the amount I've spent.

But doesn't show remaining credit or the face the amount I spent was covered by the credit amount.

The ONLY reason I know it must have come out of the credit is that I've not been billed for anything yet!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
The app doesn't show the remaining credit apparently because it counts as a subscription account, not a top-up-as-you-go account. The only real use for it is to see how much recent charges have cost.

221 - 240 of 296 Posts