Polestar Forum banner

261 - 280 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just found out that any new subscribers from Dec 20 can only use the BP plus app and the website is no longer accessible - I only found out as I couldn't logon to the website so did a password reset which was accepted but the website still refused to let me in. Hence I called them and they explained its now app only for new users.
Anyway have successful ordered the rfid card and hope to be able to test it out when the car arrives next week - there seems to be a few 50W chargers around me in Warwick

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered mine in November and have had an email stating that I would get the £450 BP Credit, my car arrives in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,994 Posts
@Haf Warwick? I'm about 7 miles away from you, and I know another on here is near Stratford...

From March 28th we can meet in a group of up to 6 people outside a cafe... I sense a local meet coming on...!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just found out that any new subscribers from Dec 20 can only use the BP plus app and the website is no longer accessible - I only found out as I couldn't logon to the website so did a password reset which was accepted but the website still refused to let me in. Hence I called them and they explained its now app only for new users.
Anyway have successful ordered the rfid card and hope to be able to test it out when the car arrives next week - there seems to be a few 50W chargers around me in Warwick
Hi,
The BP Pusle charger at Warwick Race Course has been offline for months.
I‘ve been using chargers near Alcester and Evesham

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Hi,
The BP Pusle charger at Warwick Race Course has been offline for months.
I‘ve been using chargers near Alcester and Evesham
Yep, that one's hopeless and often blocked. I once saw it almost literally ICEd - an ice cream van was parked in front of it!! (Belching out diesel fumes straight into the kids' ice creams :rolleyes:)
There are a couple just up the A46; the one at The Warwickshire fancy golf course gym thing is good, but the one at Chesford Grange only works for 10 minutes before overheating and cutting out. The Alcester one is good, as is the one at The Ettington Park Hotel where they also sell bacon butties and coffee!

By the way, Jack's Shack in Warwick has also got a Polestar 2 for two weeks after I nominated them as well!! :cool:

(Apologies for TMLI - Too Much Local Information - to everyone else!)

·
Registered
79 Posts
@Haf Warwick? I'm about 7 miles away from you, and I know another on here is near Stratford...

From March 28th we can meet in a group of up to 6 people outside a cafe... I sense a local meet coming on...!
Great - would love a meet-up and share some car stories.. did you do anything about ceramic coatings as am tying to finds a local detailer who can do mine - so far am looking at a couple around coventry

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
446 Posts
Great - would love a meet-up and share some car stories.. did you do anything about ceramic coatings as am tying to finds a local detailer who can do mine - so far am looking at a couple around coventry
This sounds like a cunning plan!!!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
No idea about ceramic coatings etc. I'm afraid...

·
Registered
38 Posts
My vin wouldn’t work either.
After contacting polestar CS , it turns out the vin I was using off the website was the WRONG one!!
They were rather apologetic.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's strange, my delayed delivery is due Monday, so 2 days ago I registered via the app and entered my VIN for the credit which it says was accepted.
I can login to the website and see my account details with no trouble.
Like most things lately it seems to be different experiences for different people:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered mine in November and have had an email stating that I would get the £450 BP Credit, my car arrives in 2 weeks.
Free money is free money but noticed they charge similar charge rates to that as turn up and pay for special free or inclusive chargers than the subscribers costs. A little sneaky but still free👍 No such luck for me unless they do something by May

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
88 Posts
I had no luck so far with BP Pulse, so far ordered car Sept, went online as asked to by email, signed up, have been onto BP a couple of times, still no credit, apparently my enquiry has been escalated to a manager.
when is the 12 months usage from the 1st Jan 2021, the date you subscribe or the date your accepted by BP.

anyone no?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had no luck so far with BP Pulse, so far ordered car Sept, went online as asked to by email, signed up, have been onto BP a couple of times, still no credit, apparently my enquiry has been escalated to a manager.
when is the 12 months usage from the 1st Jan 2021, the date you subscribe or the date your accepted by BP.

anyone no?
I asked about this back in December when thinking about when to order the car, the response from Polestar CS was:

"I have been informed that as part of the deal and agreement, you would get 12 months free BP pulse membership, which gives you access to lower electricity costs. There is no time limit on how long you have to use the £450 credit. It is worth mentioning, however, that you will only get access to the reduced rates as part of your membership, which you can either choose to continue after your initial 12 months free."

So I think it is as useful as it can be with no time limit, it's just up to you if you want to continue the membership after 12 months to get the cheaper rates that your credit would be used against. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
P2 Moon Jan 2021
88 Posts
I asked about this back in December when thinking about when to order the car, the response from Polestar CS was:

"I have been informed that as part of the deal and agreement, you would get 12 months free BP pulse membership, which gives you access to lower electricity costs. There is no time limit on how long you have to use the £450 credit. It is worth mentioning, however, that you will only get access to the reduced rates as part of your membership, which you can either choose to continue after your initial 12 months free."

So I think it is as useful as it can be with no time limit, it's just up to you if you want to continue the membership after 12 months to get the cheaper rates that your credit would be used against. Hope this helps.
Thank you that helps to understand that i do not need to use up the £450 within the 12 month period, i will contact BP next week to see what is happening in setting up my account and from what date the account starts.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thank you that helps to understand that i do not need to use up the £450 within the 12 month period, i will contact BP next week to see what is happening in setting up my account and from what date the account starts.
Yep, and if you switch your home fuel bills over to Ovo at the end of the Polestar rate I think some of their rates have 2 years free membership as well, so you could get 3 years of membership for nothing

·
Registered
401 Posts
My understanding is that as long as you register the credit before the end of 2021 you are golden, no time limit on its usage, just the registering.

261 - 280 of 296 Posts