Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Polestar has announced that 2021 will be the final year of production for the Polestar 1. If you're planning to get one new now's the time to do it.

• Final build slots for Polestar 1 become available
  • Electric performance hybrid GT is a “technological tour-de-force”
  • 619 hp and 738 lb.-ft. of torque produced across four propulsion systems delivers exhilarating performance in a carbon fiber-wrapped package.
Mahwah, NJ (February xx, 2020) – Final build slots for Polestar 1 – the Polestar brand’s electric performance hybrid halo car – are now available. Produced in Polestar’s leading production facility, Polestar 1 will see the completion of its production run towards the end of 2021.

“We’ve received an overwhelming response from customers and press following the 2017 debut of the Polestar 1 and subsequent deliveries in 2020,” said Gregor Hembrough, Head of Polestar in North America. “With some 619hp, yet retaining the longest electric range of any hybrid vehicle on the current market, this hybrid grand tourer is a testament to the design and technological innovation Polestar passionately pursues.”

As the halo of the Polestar lineup and the car which launched the brand, Polestar 1 features a crisp design and state-of-the-art technology, with 619 horsepower and 738 lb.-ft. of torque available from its hybrid powertrain. With an electric-first ethos, the GT features two electric motors on the rear axle, complemented by a 2.0-liter supercharged and turbocharged petrol engine, plus an integrated starter generator at the front.

A carbon fiber body, 6-piston Akebono brakes and adjustable Öhlins dampers turn driving Polestar 1 into a highly-tuned sensory experience, and with advanced features such as mechanical torque vectoring, it faithfully represents Polestar’s role as a guiding star for the advancement of technology.

With 34 kWh of battery capacity, Polestar 1 still boasts the longest pure-electric driving range of any hybrid – 60 miles – which makes it usable in everyday situations as a pure electric vehicle.

Available to buy online at Polestar.com, qualified customers can visit Polestar Spaces across North America for a hands-on experience and test drive.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
871 Posts
Stunning car, what drew me at the Polestar booth at Goodwood back in ‘19.

I hope they’ll do another 1 that’s broadly similar and pure EV. Then all I’ll need will be to win the lottery.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I think they'll move to the Precept next. I'm still very interested to see what the specs, production numbers, and price will be for it.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
871 Posts
I think they'll move to the Precept next. I'm still very interested to see what the specs, production numbers, and price will be for it.
Well the Volvo Concept Coupe was unveiled at 2013 and the Polestar 1 ended up nearly identical. Same with 40.1/40.2 from 2016 and XC40/Polestar 2, all very close to the concept cars they evolved from.

It’ll be interesting to see how much of the Precept makes it into a production car, however it’s unlikely to be a car I’d be interested in.

I really hope they make another 2-door coupe!

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
They told me about 100-120 from the first 500 were for NA. Maybe some people dropped out because of the delays. My guess will be less than 200, oh maybe 175, for all years based on normal first year versus later year splits I have seen for similar cars (original BMW 850, Mercedes CL65, etc.).

·
Registered
34 Posts
They told me about 100-120 from the first 500 were for NA. Maybe some people dropped out because of the delays. My guess will be less than 200, oh maybe 175, for all years based on normal first year versus later year splits I have seen for similar cars (original BMW 850, Mercedes CL65, etc.).
I got mine earlier than scheduled, from a dropout. I was also told we would get 2021 model, so perhaps they "skipped" a year for NA?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got mine earlier than scheduled, from a dropout. I was also told we would get 2021 model, so perhaps they "skipped" a year for NA?
I picked mine up in Oct of 2020, was told it is the 3rd one in the US.
I do not believe there were any retail units in NA in 2019. If my info is correct, the first two production years equal a very low number in NA. I bet there are less than 100.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I picked mine up in Oct of 2020, was told it is the 3rd one in the US.
I do not believe there were any retail units in NA in 2019. If my info is correct, the first two production years equal a very low number in NA. I bet there are less than 100.
Yes, no retail units were delivered in 2019. I was told mine was the first delivered (since I was closest to the bonded port storage). Recently I was told I have the only P1 in Los Angeles, the closest is in Palm Springs, and there is a total of 8 in California.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So what do you think the count is? 50 in NA total? I bet it’s less. As they are not reliable vehicles I would say they have no appreciation yet but I expect that to change.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok, a bit more to add. 33 of us placed pre-orders in North America. The final number will be much less than 100 when the year finishes.
And my car is on it’s way back from Manhattan. Hope its issues are behind it!
I have 2,000 miles on mine and had the seat adjustment issue a few times. When I took it in for Paint Protection it took suspiciously long to get it back. I now found out they did some software upgrades at that time. Happy to report no issues whatsoever (apart from the irritating seat thing) and very happy with the car. It's also one of the most beautiful cars around imo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have 2,000 miles on mine and had the seat adjustment issue a few times. When I took it in for Paint Protection it took suspiciously long to get it back. I now found out they did some software upgrades at that time. Happy to report no issues whatsoever (apart from the irritating seat thing) and very happy with the car. It's also one of the most beautiful cars around imo.
Glad to hear it. I'm close to 6000 on mine and happy to report that the first trip out this weekend after 3 weeks in Manhattan has cured all the issues it went back to have adjusted!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am up to 1200 mi., but over 130 mpg. The ELR has a lifetime average of 325 mpg. One day I may actually put gas in it. This is what happens when you have a 9 mile commute and that is all you drive. One day it may actually go somewhere beyond battery range and be out of traffic at the same time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am up to 1200 mi., but over 130 mpg. The ELR has a lifetime average of 325 mpg. One day I may actually put gas in it. This is what happens when you have a 9 mile commute and that is all you drive. One day it may actually go somewhere beyond battery range and be out of traffic at the same time.
I have a very short commute but took it twice on trips out of town to the Big Sur area near San Francisco. You have to get out there and enjoy the GT aspect, it’s fun to feel that torque :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a very short commute but took it twice on trips out of town to the Big Sur area near San Francisco. You have to get out there and enjoy the GT aspect, it’s fun to feel that torque :)
It’s why mine has 5800 miles! I have driven it across the eastern US twice. Once to NC/TN just to drive a 45 mile stretch of road that shows off the torque vectoring capabilities. It is a driver!

·
Registered
839 Posts
It’s why mine has 5800 miles! I have driven it across the eastern US twice. Once to NC/TN just to drive a 45 mile stretch of road that shows off the torque vectoring capabilities. It is a driver!
US 441 from Cherokee to Gatlinburg perhaps? That would be huge fun!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts