Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Having seen all of the colors together last year, that is why I opted for Midnight, basically the car in the picture. I was planning on white until I saw them. Didn't like the contrast of the black sunroof and the white car. In blue it all blends together.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That is where I was too as it is stunning, but we were starting to have jean dye transfer issues on my wife's XC90 with the light colored seats after just one year, so I opted to go all Charcoal inside. Just did not want to deal with the dye issue.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is where I was too as it is stunning, but we were starting to have jean dye transfer issues on my wife's XC90 with the light colored seats after just one year, so I opted to go all Charcoal inside. Just did not want to deal with the dye issue.
I bet that scotchgard or some similar product could prevent or mitigate dye transfer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Out of the 5 available colors on the Polestar 1, Midnight sure looks great in the wild
View attachment 189
that angle with the charging flap open looks very much like a Volvo P1800, if squint a bit (and after a couple drinks!).
I agree, midnight looks stunning especially with the contrasting chrome window trim. There is a timeless modern classic look to it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good for you! I was at the Nov 2019 San Francisco drive (first night), I think it drives and feels even tighter now! You also have the Blue/Zink?
Then I probably saw you at dinner. My drive was Sunday morning.

Blue/Charcoal. I got nervous on the zinc after we started to have jeans dye transfer on her Volvo XC90. This will be my daily driver (if I ever get to drive daily again) and I will just be in jeans going forward. So I opted to charcoal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Then I probably saw you at dinner. My drive was Sunday morning.

Blue/Charcoal. I got nervous on the zinc after we started to have jeans dye transfer on her Volvo XC90. This will be my daily driver (if I ever get to drive daily again) and I will just be in jeans going forward. So I opted to charcoal.
Makes sense. I drove the Magnesium Matte in SF, but my eyes kept going to the Midnight all the time so I did the Switcheroo right after. I am so happy with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bet that scotchgard or some similar product could prevent or mitigate dye transfer.
Since I have the Zinc seats I got a bit worried when I read about the dye transfer issue. What other products are good to prevent this? Or is Scotchgard the go-to?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great. I will look into it.

Just go the car back yesterday from Xpel. PPF over the full front and ceramic over all of the paint and PPF and windshield, sunroof and rear window. It took a long time because 1) they used my car to make the patterns for Xpel and 2) it took 3 tries to get the hood done. Because it is a clamshell, the hood is much larger than normal and that gave them fits. They finally got it done though. Looks great.

Fun place. Xpel factory guys were already down making patterns for a new Rolls Royce Ghost when I took it in and it was parked next to a LaFerrari they were working on when I picked it up.

I will start going into the office the end of the week, so it is back just in time to start driving it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great. I will look into it.

Just go the car back yesterday from Xpel. PPF over the full front and ceramic over all of the paint and PPF and windshield, sunroof and rear window. It took a long time because 1) they used my car to make the patterns for Xpel and 2) it took 3 tries to get the hood done. Because it is a clamshell, the hood is much larger than normal and that gave them fits. They finally got it done though. Looks great.

Fun place. Xpel factory guys were already down making patterns for a new Rolls Royce Ghost when I took it in and it was parked next to a LaFerrari they were working on when I picked it up.

I will start going into the office the end of the week, so it is back just in time to start driving it.
Does it change the color appearance at all? And I hear you about the hood, it’s massive!

·
Registered
30 Posts
No color change at all. It is completely clear. And from my experience on the CL65, it will stay that way for years. They also make it in a satin or matter finish, so it might match your matte white. I assume the matter version could use the same chemicals you need to use on the matte paint.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No color change at all. It is completely clear. And from my experience on the CL65, it will stay that way for years. They also make it in a satin or matter finish, so it might match your matte white. I assume the matter version could use the same chemicals you need to use on the matte paint.
Like you I have the Midnight Blue. @LstPhoenix has the White I think.Xpel is here in LA as well so I will check with them for a quote and how long it would take (now that you forced them to make a spec template!)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts