Polestar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Don't know why Volvo bothered to cover this test mule in camouflage since we've already seen it in the flesh on a few occasions. Nonetheless some new spy shots have surfaced of the upcoming electric road testing. Winter tests are an important part of the development process as colder temps always result in range loss. More pics here.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would imagine that its going to get some subtle design tweaks from the original concept that we saw. This is also the first time I've seen the active wing up. Like the minimalist design.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Big fan of the design but when it'll be priced similar to other attractive coupes like the Mercedes S-Class, which as you can bet will get some electric powerplant, it begs the question how much of a chance Volvo has.
Personally, I think it takes a deeper love of Volvo to want one with all the choices we have these days. Or maybe it'll be a a stealthy alternative, not everyone wants to be seen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These Polestar models should mark the first time that Volvo places their design and focus around performance rather than safety. In the past they have been heavily restricted by ensuring their cars remained the top of the class in that regard and their styling reflected that. Big, bulky and heavy platforms did their powertrains a disservice, but that hopefully wont be the case this time around.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Design and performance are the areas I hope they improve on.
Everyone knows sweedish vehicles are those most dependable western vehicles to the extent that on the commercial vehicle end they're one of the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts